Checking up your tires

Ihave10cats

You need to check up your tires from time to time. This is particularly important after usage of tires for more than 1 year.

Here are something you should look for when you checking your tires.

1. Tread Pattern of tires whether or not excessive wear,

2. Sidewall of tires - punctures by foreign or sharp objects or poor repair. Or any air leak.

3. Vehicle vibrate while driving could be due to poor balance, poor alignment or mismatch of vehicle steering system and suspension

4. Vehicle Goes to the Left or Right Side on the Flat Road Surface.

After checking, then if there is any abnormalities, then send to mechanics.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There are plenty of tires in the market now, Different car used different tires.However the above checking tips still can apply for all the tires. Thanks for the tips! Recently I just changed my tires to Michelin Primacy 3ST. My Kia Forte tends to vibrate when I drive in high speed but I found Michelin Website provided alot of FAQ thats really help me alot . Look at my tires http://www.michelin.com.my/Products-Servic...imacy_3_ST.html

Sometimes the tips are very important, but a lot of people still do not follow the guide properly.

They will not take times to check before making a move. That's why accident happens everyday.

They drive fast and do not slow down even the roads condition are poor. Sharp objects then punctures into the tires.

Thumbs up...finally saw a good thread..thanks for sharing this ~

Ok i also give some of my view... if can pls try to avoid drive fast through the lubang2 on the road...have to slow down the speed if the road condition is bad...just check whether you are using correct tyre pressure . Please double check the tyre alignment after you have installed new tires or repair your tires. Alignment is very crucial so that you are fully secure down the road and your tires can use longer lo

Tires are the only 4 postcard size stamp that will stop your car. So, better make sure your tires are good, if not, whatever bbk or air brakes or what you buy all bluff one, tires are most important.

how does the driving feel when you have a puncture in any of the 4 tyres?

never had a puncture before, so how would i know suddenly that one of the tyre is punctured? :D

You feel like driving a truck sound. If totally emptied, u see your tire macam flatten mah

Have a qns, hw to tell wad tires are suitable for a specific car?

Most tires are made for all type of cars. See your tire size and tire profile is most important. At the end of the day, tires are based on your wallet size also.

like to ask about tire size:

if existing i'm on 205/50/17,

stock is 205/55/16.

if i were to change to 215/55/17, the reading that i got was:

that it exceed diameter variance by 5.76%...

while speed variance 5.45% too fast

the car is already very very low for me despite being on at 50 profile due to the sport lowered spring.

hence i thought of increasing the profile by a little, so exiting the car, would be much easier...

my dilemma is:

- i cannot go lower than 50, the car will touch the floor..

- or i lan lan, stick back to 205/50/17

- or i don't give a damn on what diameter and speed variance.. just whack on 215/55/17...

Only speed n odometer reading willbe different . If i were you, just whack for your own reqt. Just need to monitor your actual speed

yeah, thank you bro.

i'm thinking the same thing until you confirm..

anyway i read my speed from gps to be more accurate plus this car is for NSHW.

i feel better with that extra 10 in width and 5 in diameter, although consume more petrol..

Wah what sort of tyres that you are using?? ! 4 year tyres?!?!! Bloody durable.. I also want.... but my questions is... safe or not?!!

Anyway my Tyres usually changes once a year...

i been used Continental CC5 for the daily driving since 2006 on my Produa Kenari, not the best of tires I have though but it lasts (still like 50% of thread left after 30,000km and doesnt aquaplane on water puddles alot. Btw the price is not that expensive also.. worth using...

Disclaimer: I am not from a tire shop nor I am affiliated to any of the tire shop business although I have my own preferred one.

Tires or like all things have a shelf life and a usable life.

If the tires have been sitting on the shelf for the last 3 years is like asking yourself if you go to a Supermarket and see a packet of milk that have been sitting there for the last 3 weeks.

Usable life means, after you fit on your car, and you have been driving around, say after 2 years but you notice there is still a lot of grooves on it. This example is like opening your packet of milk, drink one cup, and left it in your fridge for 2 weeks. Well, you still have milk, and you see that it is still OK to drink it.

The example above with regards to the tires are you cant see the inner side. Most tires "eat" the inner side. And tires that have been on the road for a period of time tends to harden. So in this example, your packet of milk in the fridge still have milk, but what you cant see is if it has turn bad below, until you pour it out. Similarly, until you jack up your car or turn your car wheels to the furthest left or right or left to see the inner side wall.

I dont really recommend driving more than 40k on a tires, or more than 2 years. Dont forget folks, that 4 postcard size stamp that holds your car on the road is the only stamp size that will stop your car. If the car doesnt stop in time, it is you and God. Dont forget, it may be your family too.

Time to check your tires and also think of your own safety and your own family, if you dont want to think of others.

↡ Advertisement