Checking up your tires

Ihave10cats

like to ask about tire size:

if existing i'm on 205/50/17,

stock is 205/55/16.

if i were to change to 215/55/17, the reading that i got was:

that it exceed diameter variance by 5.76%...

while speed variance 5.45% too fast

the car is already very very low for me despite being on at 50 profile due to the sport lowered spring.

hence i thought of increasing the profile by a little, so exiting the car, would be much easier...

my dilemma is:

- i cannot go lower than 50, the car will touch the floor..

- or i lan lan, stick back to 205/50/17

- or i don't give a damn on what diameter and speed variance.. just whack on 215/55/17...

Stock = 205/55/16

Current = 205/50/17 (I think you are on the wrong profile and size)

Should be = 215/45/17

If you want more stablility on driving then you should go 225/45/17. But you need to check if it will rub the fenders when you turn your car max. You also want to check if it will rub your rear fender if your car rims are flush flush to the fender. You will need to roll your fenders if that happens.

↡ Advertisement

See this description. Good general guide for everyone, including when the week and year the tire was produce.

http://www.toyotires.com.au/tyre-care-safe...ll-markings.htm

Dont forget, your tires takes up the 6 months sometimes to reach the distributor, so although it may be now week 3913, you may still get tires that were produced in as far back as 0113 in the shop. So use your intuition, if the tire shop tells you how good is the tire and how many he has sold and all that, ask yourself, if this shop so clever to sell a particular brand so well, why is tires as far back as year 2011 still sitting in this shop.

This will give you a general thought in my "Milk" example above.

Stock = 205/55/16

Current = 205/50/17 (I think you are on the wrong profile and size)

Should be = 215/45/17

If you want more stablility on driving then you should go 225/45/17. But you need to check if it will rub the fenders when you turn your car max. You also want to check if it will rub your rear fender if your car rims are flush flush to the fender. You will need to roll your fenders if that happens.

Actually I'm eyeing at tyrequeen promo on westlake.

215 or 225, is good..

But 45.. already So low, still want to go further?

That's why I'm in dilemma.. any help?

http://tyrequeen.com/catalogsearch/advance...&tyre_type=

U r eyeing the tyre or the Queen ??? [:p]

tyre lah..

I'm using an old 2010 sumitomo.. ok lah, 3 are nice but 1 are botak due to alignment..

want to change since got promo..

safety come first..

but too low.. i cannot..

50, don't have the models i want

55, scare speedo not accurate..

first time, buy rubber until so complicated...

like to ask about tire size:

if existing i'm on 205/50/17,

stock is 205/55/16.

if i were to change to 215/55/17, the reading that i got was:

that it exceed diameter variance by 5.76%...

while speed variance 5.45% too fast

the car is already very very low for me despite being on at 50 profile due to the sport lowered spring.

hence i thought of increasing the profile by a little, so exiting the car, would be much easier...

my dilemma is:

- i cannot go lower than 50, the car will touch the floor..

- or i lan lan, stick back to 205/50/17

- or i don't give a damn on what diameter and speed variance.. just whack on 215/55/17...

wouldn't there be a risk to hit the fender especially when you turn your steering wheel full? how bout down size rim?

tyre lah..

I'm using an old 2010 sumitomo.. ok lah, 3 are nice but 1 are botak due to alignment..

safety come first..

but too low.. i cannot..

Buying rubber is not complicated. It is you made it difficult for yourself. The size is always quite standard one, u cant find your size is because you make it difficult to yourself. LOL

wouldn't there be a risk to hit the fender especially when you turn your steering wheel full? how bout down size rim?

LOL, you ask him to change rim, he will more headache, already, change tire already so diff, LOL

Disclaimer: I am not from a tire shop nor I am affiliated to any of the tire shop business although I have my own preferred one.

Tires or like all things have a shelf life and a usable life.

If the tires have been sitting on the shelf for the last 3 years is like asking yourself if you go to a Supermarket and see a packet of milk that have been sitting there for the last 3 weeks.

Usable life means, after you fit on your car, and you have been driving around, say after 2 years but you notice there is still a lot of grooves on it. This example is like opening your packet of milk, drink one cup, and left it in your fridge for 2 weeks. Well, you still have milk, and you see that it is still OK to drink it.

The example above with regards to the tires are you cant see the inner side. Most tires "eat" the inner side. And tires that have been on the road for a period of time tends to harden. So in this example, your packet of milk in the fridge still have milk, but what you cant see is if it has turn bad below, until you pour it out. Similarly, until you jack up your car or turn your car wheels to the furthest left or right or left to see the inner side wall.

I dont really recommend driving more than 40k on a tires, or more than 2 years. Dont forget folks, that 4 postcard size stamp that holds your car on the road is the only stamp size that will stop your car. If the car doesnt stop in time, it is you and God. Dont forget, it may be your family too.

Time to check your tires and also think of your own safety and your own family, if you dont want to think of others.

Michellin PS3 last way moreee thannnn 40k!!! cannot finish using oneeeeee....

now at 205, i still can easily move around. only complaint is too low for me even at profile 50.

cannot and don't want to downsize rim lah.. i'm just up and intend to change rim to vossen, already placed order.

Buying rubber is not complicated. It is you made it difficult for yourself. The size is always quite standard one, u cant find your size is because you make it difficult to yourself. LOL

ya loh.. i know i'm too blame.. help me.. [:(]

LOL, you ask him to change rim, he will more headache, already, change tire already so diff, LOL

ermm, ya. :D

Supercharged

tyre lah..

safety come first..

but too low.. i cannot..

Hey wait...you buying rubber for your MY car or SG car?

If MY car, then you got to drive it in to change it, cos the 'queen' is in S'pore...

I suppose you have to choose between comfort and looks..

Remove lowering springs lo..

BTW what car you driving?

big project.. if i were to remove lowered spring..

as it's elbach or whatever.. quite good :D

perdana v6.

Hey wait...you buying rubber for your MY car or SG car?

If MY car, then you got to drive it in to change it, cos the 'queen' is in S'pore...

it's for MY car, i intend to bring from queen and up jb

big project.. if i were to remove lowered spring..

as it's elbach or whatever.. quite good :D

perdana v6.

it's for MY car, i intend to bring from queen and up jb

you know what your problem is....

its your lowered spring not the tyres.

I am on 45 series and coilover for many years. No problem for me.

you know what your problem is....

its your lowered spring not the tyres.

I am on 45 series and coilover for many years. No problem for me.

i know, that's why i'm thinking of going higher like 55 profile..

Lol.. TS want comfort yet want to lower his car..

Lower liao not comfy..

How lah dey~!!

not me lah.. its the previous owner..

i just took over...

now buying new tires for it, so what should i do.... [:(]

after market spring will not go too low unless its cut away which is a big no-no.

stick to stock size profile if i were you.

no cut, just lowered.

you know lah, some guys really like their car to be super low..

stock is 205/55/16

now is: 205/50/17

so?

215/55/17?

215/50/17 would be ideally but don't have

215/45/17 lower... i think if i go this, undercarriage will be gone.

↡ Advertisement