Checking up your tires

Ihave10cats

Michellin PS3 last way moreee thannnn 40k!!! cannot finish using oneeeeee....

Like my example of the milk in the fridge. You dont know what has happen to he tires already. The thread does not finish does not mean the tire compound has not hardened. Hardened tires are super dangerous to drive around.

↡ Advertisement

now at 205, i still can easily move around. only complaint is too low for me even at profile 50.

cannot and don't want to downsize rim lah.. i'm just up and intend to change rim to vossen, already placed order.

ya loh.. i know i'm too blame.. help me.. [:(]

How to help you bro. All the possibilities already laid out for you. Only you can help yourself liow. Unless you own your own tire manufacturing plant, I dont think you can just get tires that are odd sizes or odd profiles. You can still get it, not say cannot, the price you will faint loh.

I remember a friend brought in a 225/55/15. The price is like a 18" loh. btw, it was a track tire

then LL got to change all..

3 tires are ok, but slightly old. 2010

1 is botak...

so how har? hamburger, which one i should go for?

stick back to 205/50/17?

or a stupid design by westlake SA05, 215/45/17..

or up to westlake SV308, 215/55/17

if i stick back to 205/50/17, i can do that.

the 3rd tyre, can use as spare.

save money.. but i just feel for a 2.0.. running on 205.. is like running on a rubber band.. very thin...

Haiyah....easy easy lah. Remove all the equation lah.

Upgrade to Coils

Upgrade to BBK

Upgrade rims

Stick to a proper profile tires.

One time do all, simple and sweet. Spent 1 time better than spend many many times and waste a lot of time and effort and trying and testing and whatever not until you fed up of the car of fed up with yourself.

For me, yes, is a big project, yes money also come out a lot but at least the project outcome is more visible, as in more objective oriented.

How to help you bro. All the possibilities already laid out for you. Only you can help yourself liow. Unless you own your own tire manufacturing plant, I dont think you can just get tires that are odd sizes or odd profiles. You can still get it, not say cannot, the price you will faint loh.

I remember a friend brought in a 225/55/15. The price is like a 18" loh. btw, it was a track tire

yeah, i know.. very troublesome..

well, let me see this sat, i be getting my rim next sat.

with that, see how many JJ is that but i was told

7jj - 215

8jj 215 or 225

9jj 225 / 235/ 245 or 255

this is a good indicator.

Thankful

yeah, i know.. very troublesome..

well, let me see this sat, i be getting my rim next sat.

with that, see how many JJ is that but i was told

7jj - 215

8jj 215 or 225

9jj 225 / 235/ 245 or 255

this is a good indicator.

Thankful

Wah you win already lah bro, u buy the rim what JJ also u dunno ah....siow liow lah!!!!!

Wah you win already lah bro, u buy the rim what JJ also u dunno ah....siow liow lah!!!!!

Told u that I'm a noob.

Well, the rims that I have to order first, will only collecting next sat.

Then I will look into rubber..

Malaysia is like that lah, cannot multi task

Like my example of the milk in the fridge. You dont know what has happen to he tires already. The thread does not finish does not mean the tire compound has not hardened. Hardened tires are super dangerous to drive around.

40K KM is definitely still ok. Although performance was definitely not as good as fresh, you can still feel the tires.

What is JJ??

JJ is the width of the rims. example of rims is like that:

18x8jj pcd 5x114.3 et 45

So it means, the rims is 18" in diameter, 8jj in width, 5 lug nut holes with pcd 114.3, offset is 45. This is just my limited understanding lah, but you guys can google more to learn more for yourself.

FYI - For those who wants thier rims to flush flush to fender, what u need to know is how much jj and how much offset. The bigger the jj, the bigger the rims width. The smaller the offset, the outer the rims to your fender.

ok, i just contacted the dealer..

my vossen cv3 is 9jj, offset around 32+

he said no problem so far..

but tire is only 205/55/17

which i also placed an order for 215/45/17 with tyrequeen.

hopefully everything is under control :D

ok, i just contacted the dealer..

my vossen cv3 is 9jj, offset around 32+

he said no problem so far..

but tire is only 205/55/17

which i also placed an order for 215/45/17 with tyrequeen.

hopefully everything is under control :D

hopefully 215/45/17 is comfortable enough for you.. if still not shiok, I suggest you change back to stock springs..

coz lowering springs + 16 inch tires just doesn't look right.. and higher profile seems to be too huge compared to your stock..

Check your Tyre pressure at regular intervals and keep them inflated to the recommended pressure specified in your user manual. another thing to look out for is uneven wear.

Edited by Linearossa

hopefully 215/45/17 is comfortable enough for you.. if still not shiok, I suggest you change back to stock springs..

coz lowering springs + 16 inch tires just doesn't look right.. and higher profile seems to be too huge compared to your stock..

profile 45, it definitely won't be a comfort.. i bet my gf will scold me, in law will cursed me.. even myself also cursed when exit the car..

but.. what to do.. don't have my sizes..

rather wait and wait, might as well i get my rim first, talk later [laugh]

stock springs..

ermm, later.. can save, save..

ermm, mine is 17' tire bro..

9jj with 215 tyre will look very stretched. May dislodge your tyre under hard cornering. Suggest you go 235 or 245 if really 9".

[:(]

Sigh.. I ask the shop, say no problem with 215...

Nvm, buy rim first.. Tyre later..

↡ Advertisement