ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

Mustank

hahahaha will do just that, thanks . find it a waste to get a good DSLR then use the function like a phone camera..........

think youtube and google can cover all I need to know piece by piece.

hahahaha will do just that, thanks . find it a waste to get a good DSLR then use the function like a phone camera..........

think youtube and google can cover all I need to know piece by piece.

Pointless lah. Go & attend classes.

If u don't know anything about aperture & shutter speed, what's the pt of DSLR?

Nowaday, even compact camera can be better than APS-C DSLR.

I would love to go but I will be too bz with newborn anytime nite e

btw, I been looking at those m4/3 cam to replace dslr. want to go for lightweight system now. went to funan to look around, molest a few models. I still cannot get used to the tiny bodies and lens. they feel like toys.

what do you think?

I bought a DSLR last year, but still using it like a noob....no time to explore the functions....

any bros know where to read up on it?

u got to learn the holy trinity of photography. ISO, Aperture and Shutter.

once you fully understand the co-relation of this holy trinity, u should be able to use your dslr to the max.

and u got to practice practice and practice. no short cuts.

Light is your best friend in photography.

I bought a DSLR last year, but still using it like a noob....no time to explore the functions....

any bros know where to read up on it?

I follow Matt Granger (the angmo walkabout) and Tony Northrup on youtube. Their explanations are really simple.

You may want to start with this video first though.

Edited by Elfenstar

hey guys got lobang:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread....552#post8594552

i aint going, cant committ the time

if you interested, ownself sign up

still got angmo photowalk

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread....617#post8594617

tiagong the angmo assistant bery [gorgeous][nosebleed][nosebleed][nosebleed]

I regret to inform you that Tina won't be at the walkabout [:p]

I'm still going to say hi though.

btw, I been looking at those m4/3 cam to replace dslr. want to go for lightweight system now. went to funan to look around, molest a few models. I still cannot get used to the tiny bodies and lens. they feel like toys.

what do you think?

Why not a mirrorless like say the EOS M. Smaller than a DSLR, but still with the same options and APS C sensor?

what do you think?

I bought X100 to replace D70. After while, i sold off D70 as it is more fun to use X100.

Currently, the lightest & smallest DSLR is Canon EOS 6D.

Why not a mirrorless like say the EOS M. Smaller than a DSLR, but still with the same options and APS C sensor?

EOS M is one of them I molested in funan.

are u using one now? it feels fine with me. more solid feel. I read abt the slow focusing.

are u using one now? it feels fine with me. more solid feel. I read abt the slow focusing.

Do you intend to use it to take photos of your new baby?

If so, FORGET ABOUT IT!

It's not slow - IT'S FARKING SLOW!!! To the point of uselessness - might as well buy a $100 PNS instead of the EOS M - you should try the Nikon V1 instead - great camera at a great price ($299 I believe).

Pointless lah. Go & attend classes.

If u don't know anything about aperture & shutter speed, what's the pt of DSLR?

Nowaday, even compact camera can be better than APS-C DSLR.

Pointless to goto classes if you're a noob - better to stick to the free youtube videos and practice, practice and practice!!! Also, spend a lot of time looking at other's photos and steal their ideas!

Clubsnap is a useless place to goto learn - too many pretentious ar5es there - dpreview is a better site - ang mohs are more helpful. Clubsnap is only useful for it's Buy and Sell section - can get used camera bodies and lenses there.

Matt Granger has been a good resource for me, as well as Mike Browne (http://www.youtube.com/user/photoexposed).

Don't waste your time on Digital Rev TV - the honkie guy who pretends to be ang moh.

May help if you're interested in mirroless with APS-C sensor, at least on the autofocus bit anyway.

Edited by Elfenstar

Pointless to goto classes if you're a noob - better to stick to the free youtube videos and practice, practice and practice!!! Also, spend a lot of time looking at other's photos and steal their ideas!

Clubsnap is a useless place to goto learn - too many pretentious ar5es there - dpreview is a better site - ang mohs are more helpful. Clubsnap is only useful for it's Buy and Sell section - can get used camera bodies and lenses there.

Matt Granger has been a good resource for me, as well as Mike Browne (http://www.youtube.com/user/photoexposed).

Don't waste your time on Digital Rev TV - the honkie guy who pretends to be ang moh.

In DRev's defence, they're like top gear [laugh] 80% of each video is for entertainment only, but there's still a good 20% that can be relied on [laugh]

Oh and you're right about clubsnap [laugh] DP Review, Pentax Forums (in my case), and Lens Tip are my go to's for reading.

In DRev's defence, they're like top gear [laugh] 80% of each video is for entertainment only, but there's still a good 20% that can be relied on [laugh]

My beef with DigRev is that they have no educational content - at least Matt Granger, Mike Browne and the other ang mohs go and actually teach - compose a shot, explain their thought process behind it and share their settings and techniques - and yes, DigRev tries too hard to be like Top Gear, but poor Kai forgets that he is Asian and has no sense of humour....and you can't rely on DigRev, Kai is a massive Canon fanboy...for reviews, I prefer Steve Huff.

Edited by SLSAMG88
↡ Advertisement