Aircon suddenly not cold

Fivegear

Hello,

Some advise please. My Civic FD aircon just now suddenly stop blowing cold air but has wind. I have to switch off the aircon for a while and turned it back on before there was cold wind again. This has had happened the second time liao.

Anyone has the problem before? What likely is the problem. Sigh, car coming to 7 years liao, slowly this spoil that spoil but COE never crashes. No money to buy new car leh.

↡ Advertisement

My honda city has similar problem. But it blows hot air when in a jam or stationary. After moving for a while, the aircon kicks in and all is well again.

Found out that the magnetic clutch is spoilt. I had it repaired (paid $100) and now its fine....

For ur case, its either a similar problem (as apparently honda cars have a somewhat problematic clutch) or maybe ur aircon fuse konked out...

Try change aircon fuse first, the cheapest option and often overlook by owner and often hidden by workshop. The compressor did run when you switch on the aircon.

Second, maybe gas running low. So need to top up, second cheapest option.

Third, workshop sop answer will be "compressor spoilt liao".

Bro, got reliable workshop to recommend or not? Or should i just bring to Kah Motors to have a check?

Tomika or Mark-Cool. most likely the magnetic clutch is failing. a common problem of Civic FD.

Hey Bro, if really due to magnetic clutch, how much is the damage to repair or change roughly?

someone did mention it cost a hundred bucks. a ballpark figure. do get a second or third opinion before you commit.

Neutral Newbie

My Stream had exactly the same problem when I was stucked in the jam at custom last week. Aircon came back after clearing custom and problem has not recurred since. Going to get Kah motor to check n replace whatever is necessary since car is still under warranty

Hello,

Some advise please. My Civic FD aircon just now suddenly stop blowing cold air but has wind. I have to switch off the aircon for a while and turned it back on before there was cold wind again. This has had happened the second time liao.

Anyone has the problem before? What likely is the problem. Sigh, car coming to 7 years liao, slowly this spoil that spoil but COE never crashes. No money to buy new car leh.

My 6 years old Civic had exactly the same problem. Went to shell workshop many times changed several things (aircon fan, gas) but couldn't solve problem. Went to Kah motors twice before they found out it was the aircon clutch (engage/disengage) was loose after wear and tear and failed to engage. Cost close to $1000 for that last episode of repair and it took 1 full working day.

I do not recommend that shop to do aircon. Repair punctured tire on a Sunday still ok but not aircon.

I did have my doubts when my friend wanted to send there but in the end, they did a good job. They managed to get the magnetic clutch on a Sunday.

Hello,

If I am not wrong, this is quite common in Honda cars. The aircon like sometimes work sometime don't. Usually, it is the magnetic clutch that is giving issue and that just some cleaning will do the trick. Cost around $40 to $50/-. You may want look to into this before jumping into other conclusion or even think of getting new magnetic clutch.

Edited by Renegade777

If I am not wrong, this is quite common in Honda cars. The aircon like sometimes work sometime don't. Usually, it is the magnetic clutch that is giving issue and that just some cleaning will do the trick. Cost around $40 to $50/-. You may want look to into this before jumping into other conclusion or even think of getting new magnetic clutch.

Didn't know that magnetic clutch can just clean. Thought must change the whole assembly.