How did you solve your vibration on idle problem?

D4rkFly3r

Change car to a Lexus. If your budget allows get a RR Phantom.

Jokes aside. Try topping up the oil/lubricant in the a/c compressor.

No need.

Just change the Mazda 6 or CX-5 with Skyactiv or i-Stop engine.

Confirm no vibration when stationary as the engine is off. [inlove]

... anyone can confirm?

am driving a honda jazz gd, had also changed mountings about a month plus ago.

but the vibration still there at idle, so sent back to the workshop, they kept my car for 1week !

when i collect happy happy think all is gone but NOOOOO, the vibration is still there at idle. i tot its the fan as its very loud, they managed to make it a bit quieter but when it runs the vibrations starts again.

mechanic said, it cld be other parts thats hardening, but i dont wanna change anything anymore, the last time i change the fan the vibrations started. then he said its the mounting, change the mounting, vibrations still there.

i also put a can of liqui moly valve cleaner, engine very smooth, but cannot tahan the vibrations at idle.

am thinking about going to klearkarbon as i read it helps to tame the vibes ... any comments from bros who have been there ?

[bounce1] this is how it is when car on idle !!

Edited by Ren2

Hi, I noticed the vibration will occur when my idle drops to about 400-500rpm. Is it normal?

Idle RPM typically 700-800.. below 500 too low, sure vibrate and when car at a upslope, engine may cut off when driving off. Ieencountered before 2x.

vibration (if not mechanical cause) - if engine is running check the tachometer, if turn off air-cond the vibration is felt or made worse, the idle rpm may be just too low;

I will do a proper TB and other sensors cleaning and see how it goes. :D

Removing entire throttlebody is a tedius process. Just need to remove the rubber ducts that connect to the throttlebody, buy a can of solvent that states it's safe on throttle plates, wet the cloth and wipe. Only thing is if it's E throttle, then need someone to step on accelerator to lift the throttle flap to wipe thoroughly. If cable cable, can do alone.

Removing entire throttlebody is a tedius process. Just need to remove the rubber ducts that connect to the throttlebody, buy a can of solvent that states it's safe on throttle plates, wet the cloth and wipe. Only thing is if it's E throttle, then need someone to step on accelerator to lift the throttle flap to wipe thoroughly. If cable cable, can do alone.

Still able to do alone on e throttle, on and dun start the ignition then use a rod to press down

the acceleration pedal. Was doing all this while using tis method.

Hi guys, just wondering how did you solve your vibration on idle problem despite having changed the engine mountings. The vibration lessen alot but the vibration is still there especially when AC is on. I noticed it only happen when i am on Drive mode. Help and advises would be greatly appreciated.

there are many possible reasons which is causing your car to vibrate during idling.

you can't get a definite answer for your car in car forum.

if the vibration is tolerable, just continue driving it else you have to spend some bucks to a car workshop for diagnosing.

guessing and spending bit by bit will not solve the whole problem...

It's the signature feature from Honda....

...so that you will move off immediately when the light goes green. [laugh]

Honda civic? My FD always has the stupid vibration especially on ac. I give up Le despite changing a lot of thing. The mech told me that FD has this vibration problem. Sigh .

am driving a honda jazz gd, had also changed mountings about a month plus ago.

but the vibration still there at idle, so sent back to the workshop, they kept my car for 1week !

when i collect happy happy think all is gone but NOOOOO, the vibration is still there at idle. i tot its the fan as its very loud, they managed to make it a bit quieter but when it runs the vibrations starts again.

mechanic said, it cld be other parts thats hardening, but i dont wanna change anything anymore, the last time i change the fan the vibrations started. then he said its the mounting, change the mounting, vibrations still there.

i also put a can of liqui moly valve cleaner, engine very smooth, but cannot tahan the vibrations at idle.

am thinking about going to klearkarbon as i read it helps to tame the vibes ... any comments from bros who have been there ?

[bounce1] this is how it is when car on idle !!

That WS prob did a farked up job on changing yr engine mountings.

Go to a better WS n get it checked.

Seems like yr mecs r young boys who dun really hv much experience.

Stop doing all sorts of stuff to the car. Dun pour in this or that. It wil only make it worse.

Get a good mech n not some trainee using yr car as a training tool to learn on.

Hi guys, just wondering how did you solve your vibration on idle problem despite having changed the engine mountings. The vibration lessen alot but the vibration is still there especially when AC is on. I noticed it only happen when i am on Drive mode. Help and advises would be greatly appreciated.

Could be worn out transmission mounting if vibration is felt only on drive mode. Get your mechanic to check. Otherwise, the usual suspects are ignition coil, spark plugs, throttle body, airflow meter or simply idling needs a reset (if your car is a old model).

Not sure if my situation is similar to yours. Previously, I have a problem with vibrations when aircon cuts in. If drive without aircon, no issue. When aircon cuts in, the rpm will drop to 500 and the headlamps will dim. Vibrations comes in due to rpm is too low.

This continues until one day I decided to do an aircon flush (changing of aircon lubricant). Mechanic found that the aircon blower motor is faulty. After that is changed, now car is normal with minimal vibrations. But headlamps do not dim and rpm do not drop to 500. It maintained at 600+ when aircon cuts in.

thanks bro the mechanic n workshop is highly recommended and respected.

maybe our fengshui not matching.

shld take second opinion - any ws to recommended near ubi area.

your helps is highly appreciated!

[nod]

Another one if your mileage is high you might wanna check your fast idling valve.

there are many possible reasons which is causing your car to vibrate during idling.

you can't get a definite answer for your car in car forum.

if the vibration is tolerable, just continue driving it else you have to spend some bucks to a car workshop for diagnosing.

guessing and spending bit by bit will not solve the whole problem...

I guess even if you send your car to workshop, the mechanic there only will tell you engine mounting kaput. Dont think they will tell you throttle body, ignition coil etc. Although vibration could be due to many other factors. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement