How did you solve your vibration on idle problem?

D4rkFly3r

Not sure if my situation is similar to yours. Previously, I have a problem with vibrations when aircon cuts in. If drive without aircon, no issue. When aircon cuts in, the rpm will drop to 500 and the headlamps will dim. Vibrations comes in due to rpm is too low.

This continues until one day I decided to do an aircon flush (changing of aircon lubricant). Mechanic found that the aircon blower motor is faulty. After that is changed, now car is normal with minimal vibrations. But headlamps do not dim and rpm do not drop to 500. It maintained at 600+ when aircon cuts in.

Likely yr AC blower motor had a shortcircuit.

thanks bro the mechanic n workshop is highly recommended and respected.

maybe our fengshui not matching.

shld take second opinion - any ws to recommended near ubi area.

your helps is highly appreciated!

[nod]

I dun hv ant ws to recommend in Ubi area.

Mine was at Yishun Indl Pk.A.

bring to workshop ask them, increase yr idling RPM set to 800-1k.. this happen to my car before..

Hello Bro. Depend on what the make...like mine 600 to 650 increase to 800 burn more fuel lah.

Hi guys, sorry to side track. my car today starts to vibrate when I start and during stops but ok when driving.. The vibration is pretty strong.. Anyone can help? 1 of my fren said maybe is the coil couldn't get regular electricity flow because when he blast the Aircon, the vibration stops.. My driving a 2005 bmw 520. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, sorry to side track. my car today starts to vibrate when I start and during stops but ok when driving.. The vibration is pretty strong.. Anyone can help? 1 of my fren said maybe is the coil couldn't get regular electricity flow because when he blast the Aircon, the vibration stops.. My driving a 2005 bmw 520. Thanks in advance!

Check yr engine mountings first.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Likely is your engine mountings if you havent changed it yet.

Edited by D4rkFly3r

Hi guys, I just change my engine oil, air oil filter and spark plug at ws...

After changing, engine while idle or accelerate not hard enuf wld vibrate... went back to ws was told for carbetor engine, need to rev more at gear 1 n 2 to remove the black smoke...after that shld be ok

Any bros know chun or not? Mech say no cause for concern...

Hi guys, I just change my engine oil, air oil filter and spark plug at ws...

After changing, engine while idle or accelerate not hard enuf wld vibrate... went back to ws was told for carbetor engine, need to rev more at gear 1 n 2 to remove the black smoke...after that shld be ok

Any bros know chun or not? Mech say no cause for concern...

If b4 yr car dun vibrate b4 service n after service it vibrate, yr lousy ws did something wrong.

Maybe yr plugs wrong type or the gap is wrong.

Or the b@stard mech adjust yr idle or air/fuel mix too lean. I wun trust going to that ws again.

Maybe ty sabo yr car so ty hv more biz from u.

Tks. Plug shld be right.. cos I got a previous sample when I go buy...

Just chk my engine oil level... suspect its due to over top slightly. .. any idea if this will cause engine to act this way?

If b4 yr car dun vibrate b4 service n after service it vibrate, yr lousy ws did something wrong.

Maybe yr plugs wrong type or the gap is wrong.

Or the b@stard mech adjust yr idle or air/fuel mix too lean. I wun trust going to that ws again.

Maybe ty sabo yr car so ty hv more biz from u.

Just chk my engine oil level... suspect its due to over top slightly. .. any idea if this will cause engine to act this way?

Wrong plug used will effect vibration but EO overfill will not affect only the power very sloggish.

If correct plug but too narrow gap might cause poor idling but better red line performance.

EO slightly overfill sud not b a problem. But I prefer to underfill very slightly below the "F" mark(abt 3/4 full).

Chk yr plug leads if connected properly n if ty r old n cracked n leaking current.

Tks guys..

Doing trial error nw..

I off aircon drive, car was ok.. in fact powerful...

On aircon start vibrate liao...

Any idea if change spark plug, car need to do tuning also?

Tks guys..

Doing trial error nw..

Chk if yr engine idle speed drop when u on the AC?

Tks guys..

Doing trial error nw..

U mention yr car is using carburettor.

What car is it, how old n mileage?

Yup.. w/o aircon about 900 rpm..

With aircon drop slightly to 700?

Just wondering if the range is normal?

Oh OK then.

So does yr rpm drop at idle when u on the AC ???

↡ Advertisement