Singapore WoodLand and Tuas Checkpoint Traffic Peak Hours

Guanleng

although in MY CIQ but 99% of the cars are sg-plate and sg-drivers especially return on long weekend/holiday ... it's not the CIQ ... it's the drivers

in spore ... all drive like pussy

in msia ... all suddenly become F1 drivers who can cut in/out anytime

i usually use 2nd link ... whenever i line up ... i can see all cars use bus lane to cut in at the tail end resulting what you mention you kwai kwai line up ... does not even move 10 meters after 1 hour

so ... 1 driver see other do it ... he also change lane and cut in at tail end

1 do ... 1 see ... 10 see 10 do ... resulting the scenario you decribe

every 1 lane split to 2-3 ...

My observation are the opposite, MY drivers (minority of course) are more likely to cut queue, even if it means driving on wrong side of the road just to cut in at the front. SG drivers seldom do that (again, some bad apples exist) but as law abiding people, to the point of being too uptight, SG drivers won't allow you to cut in at all. I was once stuck in a non moving lane for a very long time and noone from the parallel lane would let me filter in. SG drivers just stared at me like I am a criminal when they passed my signalling car. It was so funny yet frustrating. Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement

although in MY CIQ but 99% of the cars are sg-plate and sg-drivers especially return on long weekend/holiday ... it's not the CIQ ... it's the drivers

in spore ... all drive like pussy

in msia ... all suddenly become F1 drivers who can cut in/out anytime

i usually use 2nd link ... whenever i line up ... i can see all cars use bus lane to cut in at the tail end resulting what you mention you kwai kwai line up ... does not even move 10 meters after 1 hour

so ... 1 driver see other do it ... he also change lane and cut in at tail end

1 do ... 1 see ... 10 see 10 do ... resulting the scenario you decribe

every 1 lane split to 2-3 ...

I ever followed my friend car into Jb last year, he drive macam turtle in SG

Once reach malaysia he cut here cut there, drive recklessly and never follow road line (e.g double white line and he change lane)

I asked him to drive slowly and follow the queue, then he said: "This is JB not Singapore lah, just whack!"

• Praise 1

Supercharged

this site is equally useful

http://www.jalanow.com/johor-singapore-live-traffic-cam-N78J12H25H1451

for images like this

Good link, thanks!

just want to vent....

approaching SG CIQ, u may be wayyy back in a long queue, but be patient, you'll move ahead.

MY CIQ, you can be less than 100metres from their customs, but you never know how many more car streams (not cars but car streams... like an entire road of cars) are cutting in ahead, and end up not moving an inch for hours....attachicon.gifciq jb.png

R u referring to Woodlands/JB or Tuas/2nd Link CIQ ??

Supercharged

I asked him to drive slowly and follow the queue, then he said: "This is JB not Singapore lah, just whack!"

I tot it should be the other way round, since you are in a foreign land and you don't want trouble with the law there, so should "behave" (instead)...no meh ? [:/]

I tot it should be the other way round, since you are in a foreign land and you don't want trouble with the law there, so should "behave" (instead)...no meh ? [:/]

I believe in his mind; Malaysia is a freedom land lol

• Praise 2

In MY, you can get away with bad behavior, not so in SG, where enforcement is tighter and penalty is much higher than just RM50. So it is normal for Singaporeans to seek to get out of the strait jacket once in boleh land. In Rome, we behave like Romans.

• Praise 2

depends on which foreign land

in japan ... drive like pussy ... follow every single traffic rule to the dot

in australia ... drive like tortoise ... 50-60kmph when passing town even though the road is straight empty

in msia ... it's F1 time ... every single violation is RM50 ... lol

• Praise 1

Good link, thanks!

R u referring to Woodlands/JB or Tuas/2nd Link CIQ ??

Heading to SG.

MY side, JB checkpoint.

There was once i joined the 'vip lane' queue via the petronas station... I thought that's it the queue moves straight from here.... only to be proven wrong... there were 2 more joining lines ahead.

Tuas is more clear cut, but still messy. After the toll coming home you'll have something like 12 lanes merging into 5

• Praise 1

after long holiday ... at tuas ... pump petrol ... pass through lima kedai toll (last toll to custom)

the jam already started ... yes ... it's like 10-12 lanes merging ... who is wrong who is right ... no idea

everyone chut pattern ... those lining up nicely got tulan

those cutting in yell ... everyone is cutting in what ... so what's the problem

once see a empty spot ... one car turn and cut in ... bumper to bumper all the way to custom

at custom ... actually it's 1 lane but because the area is spacious ... it will form 2-3 lanes

then motorbikes will start to cut in at the tail end ...

car create new lanes on the left blocking all the bus and lorry

when it rains ... it will get very messy ...

seriously, 5 years ago people complain jam only during weekend and long holiday ... this one for sure

now ... normal day in day out also jam

weekend and long holiday is jam till sibei jialat

it's timely to impose VEP to deter usage or build 3rd bridge

the current 2 bridge capacity max out already

Heading to SG.
MY side, JB checkpoint.

There was once i joined the 'vip lane' queue via the petronas station... I thought that's it the queue moves straight from here.... only to be proven wrong... there were 2 more joining lines ahead.

Tuas is more clear cut, but still messy. After the toll coming home you'll have something like 12 lanes merging into 5

post-7984-0-02514300-1419589043_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Since need to clear congestion quickly, best time to deliver curry puffs? [sly]

On the contrary. Counter fellas needed to write down passport numbers manually onto sheets of paper. Took 10 times as long. So boot checkers were left swatting flies as cars coming through were scarce.

Will the car run out of fuel in a 5 hrs jam?

MY cars maybe. Some SG cars with less than 3/4 tank may run dry if they allow engine, aircon to run continuously.