Simple interior grooming

Limck007

Anyone know of any cheap and good car groomer> i want to do some weekly interior grooming (vacuumming and leather care.)

do simple vacuuming and leather care once a week

↡ Advertisement

Hi Dermocyma,

Don't think much detailers will just do a weekly simple interior detailing for you.

Some good interior products will help. Quite a lot of brands out there.

Leather, use mild soap with warm water. This will remove those dirt. Apply Leather conditioner after that.

Plastics, wipe with mild soap too. Apply dressings or protections. Use only water base products. Else in no time, you will face sticky dash board issues.

[grin]

need advise on interior detailing. but in my case, it's for fabric. need a place where they can do interior steam cleaning on the seats. spore or jb also can.

I care more for the interior than the exterior because driver and passengers spent all their time inside there.

I usually have a mobile vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and debris and cleaned the interior with Permanon.

If need be, I will use duragloss to leather clean and cream up the seats.

but you still need an electrical power point right?and if you staying in HDB, where to find the point?

Buy a Karcher steam cleaner from Parisilk for about $200-$300 and you can steam clean the seats, air vents, and even you sofa set to your heart's content!

but you still need an electrical power point right?and if you staying in HDB, where to find the point?

Right! Power point needed. The battery type is not powerful enough to clean seats. Hope you are not staying on the top floors that even extension cords would not be long enough!

Cheap = diy.

Basic interior cleaning for me takes from 30 mins to 1.5 hr depending how detailed I want the clean & while I'm doing my exterior cleaning. The windows, I feel, is the hardest since need to stretch to reach corners for the front & back windscreens, so usually do cleaing once every 2-3 months since not much dust. Here's roughly my interior cleaning products & ritual.

1. Remove carpets & clean & leave to dry - armor all carpet and upholstery cleaner

2. Windows - Autoglym glass polish

3. Vaccum seats & floor (used static duster for hard to reach places)

4. Damp cloth to wipe down plastics & seats

5. Apply protectant for dashboards/doors etc (basically anything thats plastic - Armorall original protectant

6. Spray leather cleaner & wipe down with damp cloth - Autoglym leather cleaner

7 Leather dry apply protectant - Armorall leather protectant

(Can skip 6 & 7 by using Armorall leather care gel).

Just my 2 cents worth, just completed a 5hr cleaning stint yesterday doing both the interior & exterior. Like earlier bros, treat it as a good workout when you clean. Will feel really good once you're done & had a shower.

Anyway Happy CNY!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1