• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 16 praises

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear friend. dealer send 2nd car to STA for inspection. Overall Grade is B. The report mentions that (1) engine oil and (2) transmission oil are dirty and need to replace.

Dealer promise to change to it before deliver to me.

Is there any concern? What shall I pay attention to ?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Forte3737
who is the dealer? there are some who are blacklisted in this forum

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear friend. dealer send 2nd car to STA for inspection. Overall Grade is B. The report mentions that (1) engine oil and (2) transmission oil are dirty and need to replace.

if the onli thing picked up by the inspection is to change oil, then car considered beri good liao. but then hor, STA......... lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Forte3737

if the onli thing picked up by the inspection is to change oil, then car considered beri good liao. but then hor, STA......... lipsrsealed.gif

AAS better

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Mobilelubechange
  • Mobilelubechange
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Check that both oil have been changed when you collect your car. But to play safe, still better to get the oil change after you collect your car.
Mag 1, Redline, Motul 300V, Pennzoil, Quakerstate, Eneos, Total, ELF and ATE.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    Author Image

thank you all for the suggestion and build. Remarks are as below

1. Vehicle engine sump& transmission housing oil seepage
2.Vehicle drive shaft dust cover and rear shock absorber oil stain

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ref point 2, the rear shock absorbers will cost more to replace, than engine and transmission oil. Probably $300 onwards inclusive of labour

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yhn
  • Premium member
    Yhn
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

Looks like you may have to change gaskets.

Shock absorber oil stain means it's about time to change too.

Test dive to check drive shaft by doing a figure of 8 , do you hear cluck cluck sound ?

For oil changes, it's better do your own , like Mobilelube said
Bicycle
Bike
Bus
Boat
Batmobile hopeful

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Mgmgphyo
  • Premium member
    Mgmgphyo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It will be better if you can see full servicing record of the car. Most drivers here don't know that they need to change transmission oil and drive till over 100k km without changing it.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    Author Image

Looks like you may have to change gaskets.

Shock absorber oil stain means it's about time to change too.

Test dive to check drive shaft by doing a figure of 8 , do you hear cluck cluck sound ?

For oil changes, it's better do your own , like Mobilelube said

thank you buddy. Shock absorber cost how much a 300+? like vinceng said?

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    Author Image

Check that both oil have been changed when you collect your car. But to play safe, still better to get the oil change after you collect your car.

thanks for suggestion. are you helping others to change oil (inspired by your picture biggrin.gif )

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Clutched
    Author Image

It will be better if you can see full servicing record of the car. Most drivers here don't know that they need to change transmission oil and drive till over 100k km without changing it.

o, IC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Aiyo, STA.... Prepare for more than (1) and (2).

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Mobilelubechange
  • Mobilelubechange
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

you are so right. I have seen so many ATF come out like coffee.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Mobilelubechange
  • Mobilelubechange
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks for suggestion. are you helping others to change oil (inspired by your picture biggrin.gif )

Yes I do. If you need my service can PM me.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just make sure the dealer do a proper job.

Change engine oil must include a new oil filter and transmission oil(ATF) sud b a through flush to change all the old oil out. Most wil just drain the transmission oil out n fill with new oil. This only changes abt half the ATF in the autobox but its much cheaper.

If it was me, I wil ask dealer for a discount n get it done properly myself at my own ws later.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any suggestion about it?

U mean after the 1st inspection the engine n trans oil was changed then inspect again n found the oil leaks n drive shaft dust cover n rear shock absorber got oil leaks?

Engine sump n transmission housing might hv gaskets leaking n need to change. (Quite expensive). Changing oil sud not hv oil spill outside unless job was badly done.(Unlikely)

Driveshaft cover seems like torn n grease leak out. Need to change also.

Rear shock absorber oil stain means its worn n leaking oil. Also need to change both rear shocks.

So looks like quite a lot of things to change. Cud easily b >$1K for all to b rectified.

Play safe n get a $2K discount n get it done yourself.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For all the jobs mentioned, cost wil depend on what car is this.

Jap BnB car sud b <$2K. For conti, maybe double. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Yhn
  • Premium member
    Yhn
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Each WS has own overhead to cover, would vary somewhat.

If you haven't place deposit for this veh, you still can give it a pass. however if the dealer can give you a good discount, take it and have a 'wear n tear' parts change. That way you have a peace of mind for the next 3 or so years.

Bicycle
Bike
Bus
Boat
Batmobile hopeful

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yhn
  • Premium member
    Yhn
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For all the jobs mentioned, cost wil depend on what car is this.

Jap BnB car sud b <$2K. For conti, maybe double. sweatdrop.gif

Not necessary, bro

Last month met up with an old friend. I brought up that I changed my water pump, timing belt and "Drive belt" for S$901.91 done at AD, conti car. He said was cheap as just this year he changed his Latio's water pump ( only ) and paid more than $900 for the change, also at AD.
Bicycle
Bike
Bus
Boat
Batmobile hopeful

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: About, report, engine and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users