2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

weekdays commute between home and workplace mainly highway, thus can achieve 11.6km/l. weekend cruise around housing estate, so average around 10.5-11km/l. but this is just past 3 weeks reading, i beleive I can achieve 11-11.5km/l in the long run.

mine is from AD. I go for AD for peace of mind.

FC for odyssey sounded not bad, at least achieving >10km/L...
↡ Advertisement

Recently compared the 7-seater KAH Motors (AD) EX-V versus Parallel Import (PI) Absolute. Yet to decide which one to go for.

Major differences

Price: AD $148,999, PI around $142,000+ (difference $6,000 only)

Power: AD 175PS, PI 190PS

Sunroof: AD yes, PI no

360 degree camera: AD yes, PI no

Leather: AD full leather, PI half leather with fabric

Honda Sensing (seems more like a gimmick): AD no, PI yes

Warranty: Both 5 years

Servicing: AD 3 years free, PI 3 year free labour, parts chargeable.

OMV: AD around $28,500, PI ??? (AD data taken from here)

Disappointed with the following

Power tailgate: Both no!

Driver seat lumbar support: Both no!

Auto power windows: AD/PI driver side window only!

So all in all, if go for PI, will be saving around $6,000+ by giving up sunroof and all-round camera for slightly higher horsepower and Honda Sensing technology.

Did I miss out anything? Any information on OMV?

I have a PI Absolute 7-seater for about 2 weeks now.

This model does have Honda sensing. I believe it's making use of a camera behind the rear mirror to sense the lane lines on the road and a distance sensor around front H logo to detect the front car. With them, it can control steering to keep car in lane, or step on brake for you during cruising when it detects a car in front.

I get only 1 free servicing including parts, if I understand correctly.

My car OMV is around 32k.

• Praise 1

Me too. Feel that the storage compartment is too small. Plus cannot place anything on sliding doors (umbrella etc). That's why thought of getting a centre console.

Any idea of where to get the original centre console? Also heard that when they drill to fix the console, there is a possibility of water seepage in case of rain.

There are a few types from mycarforum accessories.  I am not sure if any is original but they are quite expensive.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&si=console&cat=1&car_make=Honda&car_model=Odyssey&model=Honda+Odyssey

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if the information is posted somewhere, but I tried searching and couldn't find any information that I need.

1) I need a 8 seater as I want 3 seats in the middle for my 3 kids with occasion (every weekend) occupants on the last row

2) Any seats, other than the Kah Motor AD current fabric seats

Anyone has been successful to persuade Kah Motor to import 8 seater with factory fitted leather seats. They do give me the option to have the 2nd and 3rd row leather but the front rows are still fabric.

Thai website does have 8 seater with Leather seat.

http://www.honda.co.th/download/odyssey/honda_odyssey_catalogue.pdf

I tried to look at PIs, and the prices for 8 seater for Absolute or Absolute plus is as expensive as their 7 seater, hence much more expensive than AD advertised 139k for 8 seater, around 5k more. What is the range of OMV for PI imported cars. I am worried with PI maintenance and resale value, do you think resale value is bad for PI cars though OMV is high?

Many thanks for any inputs.

Hypersonic

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if the information is posted somewhere, but I tried searching and couldn't find any information that I need.

1) I need a 8 seater as I want 3 seats in the middle for my 3 kids with occasion (every weekend) occupants on the last row

Anyone has been successful to persuade Kah Motor to import 8 seater with factory fitted leather seats. They do give me the option to have the 2nd and 3rd row leather but the front rows are still fabric.

I tried to look at PIs, and the prices for 8 seater for Absolute or Absolute plus is as expensive as their 7 seater, hence much more expensive than AD advertised 139k for 8 seater, around 5k more. What is the range of OMV for PI imported cars. I am worried with PI maintenance and resale value, do you think resale value is bad for PI cars though OMV is high?

consider the 8 seater elgrand

comes with auto tailgate too

:D

Neutral Newbie

Elgrand. Yes maybe I should be looking at alternatives but if any kind souls have encounter the same issue and manage to get odyssey 8 seaters with 6 air bags leather seats from KM, can you introduce your SE to me please? And maybe for the PI's folks who had bought 8 seaters from PI, may I know the advantages you see on the PI version please?

Thanks.

Brand new Elgrand still available? ... Last I heard it was discontinued ... 

Edited by Chowyunfatt
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Brand new Elgrand still available? ... Last I heard it was discontinued ... 

think still available...can still see specs and price on the nissan singapore website 

presage was discontinued for quite a while already

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Now they have new variants that comes together with hybrid. Absolute sensing. Other than lane departure, I think is collision avoidance of just reduce the effect of collision.

Hi Guys,

Hi,

I have tried a couple of times with KM, it is not that they are not importing, but Honda factory does not build 8 seaters config with leather seats, so there is no such option for KM to import to begin with. KM sells an average less than 100 MPV a month(in fact about 50% are probably PI cars), assuming if 50% will to be 8 seaters, KM will not have the bargaining power to persude Honda to run a production line with this option.

The 2nd and 3rd row leather seats are locally fitted. KM is unable to reupholster the front seats because of airbag saftey consideration. Honda wont allow them to local fit leather seat on the front row. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I happen to see the leather seats in thai's Honda page. For km, are they importing from Japan or Thailand? If they have the half leather, it will also be nicer than fabric. Tks

Neutral Newbie

You mean from km AD or pis? For pi I don't believe anything is free. Whatever given 'free' to you is taken from some other parts of the deal. Their profit margin should be lower than AD. What do you think?

Neutral Newbie

So far haven't dealt w PI. H/w, my encounter w AD so far is either nothing or only solar film.

Maybe I unlucky? Nvr get to meet better SE?

Hi Guys,

Anyone has been successful to persuade Kah Motor to import 8 seater with factory fitted leather seats. They do give me the option to have the 2nd and 3rd row leather but the front rows are still fabric.

I tried to look at PIs, and the prices for 8 seater for Absolute or Absolute plus is as expensive as their 7 seater, hence much more expensive than AD advertised 139k for 8 seater, around 5k more. What is the range of OMV for PI imported cars. I am worried with PI maintenance and resale value, do you think resale value is bad for PI cars though OMV is high?

Bro,

I was in the same position as you. I have 3 kids too.

I presently drive the RB2 so I wanted something similar - 3 seats in the middle.

Didn't think much of KM's 8 seater. Low OMV. Low specs. Didn't want KM's 7 seaters. Therefore I decided to go with a PI oddy after much consideration. They had the 8 seaters. So I ordered the 8 seater Absolte. I think a few brothers here also chose this path because they didn't like KM's 8 seaters.

The OMV is higher for the PI models. Somewhere between 28k-31k if I recalled correctly. You can check it on onemotoring.com.

As for resale value, I didn't really think muck of it because I prob keep this car till the end. In fact, my present RB2 has about 4.5 months to go. Personally I don't think resale value will be that much of an issue for a jap car. I used to own a PI RAV 4 before the RB2 and no issues there.

By the way, I don't think you will find the 8 seater 20th anniversary model being sold. There is only the Absolute.

Regards.

CG

Bro,

I presently drive the RB2 so I wanted something similar - 3 seats in the middle.

Didn't think much of KM's 8 seater. Low OMV. Low specs. Didn't want KM's 7 seaters. Therefore I decided to go with a PI oddy after much consideration. They had the 8 seaters. So I ordered the 8 seater Absolte. I think a few brothers here also chose this path because they didn't like KM's 8 seaters.

The OMV is higher for the PI models. Somewhere between 28k-31k if I recalled correctly. You can check it on onemotoring.com.

As for resale value, I didn't really think muck of it because I prob keep this car till the end. In fact, my present RB2 has about 4.5 months to go. Personally I don't think resale value will be that much of an issue for a jap car. I used to own a PI RAV 4 before the RB2 and no issues there.

By the way, I don't think you will find the 8 seater 20th anniversary model being sold. There is only the Absolute.

Regards.

CG

I have driven 2 generation of Odyssey, both from KM, and i still like to have a Odyssey but i want a 8 seats, this time round looks like i will have to go PI route despite the PI cars are only marginally cheaper than that od KM, simply because kM's 8 seaters really cannot make it.

Neutral Newbie

I have driven 2 generation of Odyssey, both from KM, and i still like to have a Odyssey but i want a 8 seats, this time round looks like i will have to go PI route despite the PI cars are only marginally cheaper than that od KM, simply because kM's 8 seaters really cannot make it.

At least I am not alone. KM 8 seater is really not worth the price even if it is from AD with 5 years warranty. Some of the PI are bringing in the Absolute plus and Absolute Sensing units if you want more gadgets. Though the PI Absolute variants are all different, hence makes comparison difficult. Hence just get what you need and find a reputable one. If anyone of you thinks that you had a good PI, can you recommend me please?

thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Same situation for me as well, 3 kids, and would like a MPV with 3 seats in 2nd row, much more flexible.

Like when i fold down 3rd row, and load up their bicycles, they can still seat in the 3rd row with seat belts.

Don't like KM's 8 seater definitely :(  Interior Beige, If fit first 2 row leather, have to void warranty for first 2 row air bag! 

Might as well go for PI model.  

For MPVs with 3rd row aircon, and bench seat on 2nd row = Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire, Toyota Estima, Mazda Biante, Honda Stepwgn, Honda Odyssey Absolute, Nissan Serena, Nissan Elgrand , Citroen Grand Picasso. 

I have seen all of them, prefer Toyota triplets / Honda Stepwgn for the space/price

Bro,

Regards.

CG

↡ Advertisement