2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

Last sat I went to kah motor. Actually wanna test drive the new odyssey. But it will be only out on 1st quarter 2014. Ya the spec CVT. Ji tao sian 1/2 ! It cost 204k for highest spec exv-s model. Damn exp. End up test drive the 2012 5AT model. Pickup wise not so good. Suspension quite hard. Indeed drive like a sedan car. Hmm...

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Only odyssey!

Thats alot. Majority must be those die hard fans of odyssey who change their prev gen odyssey to the new one

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Anyone knows whether the Absolute model (parallel import) has

1) one touch power windows for all 4 (Kah motor only the driver, even the high spec 7 seat version)

2) power tailgate

Richburg sells Odyssey?

Test drive the new ody. Ok, same like previous RB1, but with more space.

Has spoken to Kah motor salesman, they will not bring in the model with the above 2 features. Surprise that they have the more expensive option (think its around 15k option) but "relatively useless" self parking system and omit the more essential specs. Also no navigation/dvd player is a let down when many Korean cars now has these as standard.

Turbocharged

Anyone knows whether the Absolute model (parallel import) has

1) one touch power windows for all 4 (Kah motor only the driver, even the high spec 7 seat version)

2) power tailgate

Richburg sells Odyssey?

Test drive the new ody. Ok, same like previous RB1, but with more space.

Has spoken to Kah motor salesman, they will not bring in the model with the above 2 features. Surprise that they have the more expensive option (think its around 15k option) but "relatively useless" self parking system and omit the more essential specs. Also no navigation/dvd player is a let down when many Korean cars now has these as standard.

wait another year sure got GPS one... then wait another few yrs even more gadgets, by then next ody is coming out lol

Turbocharged

Just saw one this morning. I must say the aggressive look takes some getting use to...

front looks aggressive, rear in contrast is v normal... kinda imbalanced???

Turbocharged

Current price is $169 900 for Ex-S and $179 900 for EXV-S.

Seemed to have came down quite a bit since launch.

its like that one, everytime new launch first buyers sure pay most, then later is stable price.

• Praise 1

For new products, consumers must pay for the "novelty" factor of being unique & not many people have it. If not, the seller eat "grass".

After a while, this factor will fade when other new similar & even better products launched, the seller has "no choice" but to reduce price to compete against them.

• Praise 1

Just saw one this morning. I must say the aggressive look takes some getting use to...

I find the looks of the previous Odyssey more aggressive...

(edited)

exiga will smoke it any time.

Power and torque is everything.... [sunny]

Hahahaaha........You very funny. Head and tail all wrong. Here people talking about big cars mpvs and you are ratting away about cupping corners and smoking others out. This one family car leh. People buy becasue of family and comfort transportation as its main purpose. It is not about wanting to be seen in a race and be seen first at every lights. I really hope you are not cupping corners and speeding on public roads with others in your car especially children and seniors. Think you better off with a big bike.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 1

its like that one, everytime new launch first buyers sure pay most, then later is stable price.

I notice this trend too... the prices of some recent new models like teana have dropped though AD advertised special discount during new launch. Think AD try to price high during new launch to give the perception that its a "value buy" when price drops subsequently. Just look at their profit margin, $30+, still very high IMO . Hope it falls further and it's definitely on my wish list :)

• Praise 1

Hahahaaha........You very funny. Head and tail all wrong. Here people talking about big cars mpvs and you are ratting away about cupping corners and smoking others out. This one family car leh. People buy becasue of family and comfort transportation as its main purpose. It is not about wanting to be seen in a race and be seen first at every lights. I really hope you are not cupping corners and speeding on public roads with others in your car especially children and seniors. Think you better off with a big bike.

i had a lowered ody for five years and if you know the suspension set up, it is pretty agile even for a mpv and its best of both world for drivers and a family man.

thanks for you advice on safety and i do i know what my limit is. No worries there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2