2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

If the PI doesnt have a spare tire, probably it could mean the vehicle could last way longer than the AD could offer, in terms of quality

Hearsay all the taxi that is armed with only 2 air bag are stronger than our army tank.

Never tested it myself before though.  [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Has anyone used the HDMI input on the KM Ody?  From Iphone or Android phone?

What apps can be displayed on the screen when plugged in?  Google map?

I have used it before. From iPhone. Shows the screen of my phone.

the quality of new odyssey is not as good as older batch!...very fragile and average looking!

Any proof to back up this statement?

I have used it before. From iPhone. Shows the screen of my phone.

So does the car touch screen that be used to control the iPhone? So when you're in google maps, the car touch screen can see the map, like a GPS?

Any proof to back up this statement?

just my experience, i was driving odyssey 2.4 ivtec before buying harrier mah...

Neutral Newbie

the quality of new odyssey is not as good as older batch!...very fragile and average looking!

Sour grape siboh ? 

100% confirm you are not driving odyssey at the moment.

Just spoke with KM salesman. He said next delivery of Ody is only in October. He said not facelift model but Euro 6 compliant engine.  Good thing I bought mine recently.

So does the car touch screen that be used to control the iPhone? So when you're in google maps, the car touch screen can see the map, like a GPS?

no, the touch screen cannot control the iphone, it is only mirroring the iphone display. it mirrors 100% as what is shown on your iphone.

i tried the mirror via hdmi cable and i find the experience to be rather inferior

reasons:

1. the display on the HU is not as clear as the iphone, hence the maps look quite low resolution, even though it should be HD

2. you must keep the iphone display turned on all the time, if it autolocks after a few minutes then the mirroring stops

3. cannot control via the touch screen or the steering wheel buttons

therefore i think using a dash board holder and using iphone to display the map is a far better experience

just my two cents =] 

thanks! wanna install door visors, any recomendations?

i got the KM ones, installed by KM before i collected my car, good and nicely done

basic and nothing fancy

but a bit regret now, because i think the Mugen ones are nicer.

these are the mugen ones:

img3.jpg

• Praise 1

no, the touch screen cannot control the iphone, it is only mirroring the iphone display. it mirrors 100% as what is shown on your iphone.

i tried the mirror via hdmi cable and i find the experience to be rather inferior

reasons:

1. the display on the HU is not as clear as the iphone, hence the maps look quite low resolution, even though it should be HD

2. you must keep the iphone display turned on all the time, if it autolocks after a few minutes then the mirroring stops

3. cannot control via the touch screen or the steering wheel buttons

therefore i think using a dash board holder and using iphone to display the map is a far better experience

just my two cents =] 

Did you use an original AV adapter from Apple?

Did you use an original AV adapter from Apple?

yes i bought a brand new original Apple cable lightning to hdmi cable just for this. use only 2 times for testing and now the cable is a white elephant already  [bigcry]

the problem is not the phone or cable, the problem lies in the HU display not being retina (lower dpi), whereas iphone display is retina (much more dpi), hence can tell the drastic difference in the resolution when viewing on the HU

i got the KM ones, installed by KM before i collected my car, good and nicely done

basic and nothing fancy

but a bit regret now, because i think the Mugen ones are nicer.

these are the mugen ones:

img3.jpg

Wow the mugen one look really not bad. Can i ask where to get the mugen door visor?