2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

Hahahaaha........You very funny. Head and tail all wrong. Here people talking about big cars mpvs and you are ratting away about cupping corners and smoking others out. This one family car leh. People buy becasue of family and comfort transportation as its main purpose. It is not about wanting to be seen in a race and be seen first at every lights. I really hope you are not cupping corners and speeding on public roads with others in your car especially children and seniors. Think you better off with a big bike.

If you have driven the Ody and the Alphard, you would know where some of us are coming from. The Ody is a half driver cum family car, balancing family needs with driveability, the Alphard is really THE passenger car. I have been driver and passenger in both. I will drive the Ody and be a passenger in the Alphard.

I find the looks of the previous Odyssey more aggressive...

More van than car?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If you have driven the Ody and the Alphard, you would know where some of us are coming from. The Ody is a half driver cum family car, balancing family needs with driveability, the Alphard is really THE passenger car. I have been driver and passenger in both. I will drive the Ody and be a passenger in the Alphard.

There must be a reason why they planted a turbo in a exiga GT and it aint for the passengers obviously.

i driven an ipsum and previa for 6 years and finally an odyssey. That is when i discover what i was deprived of.

Turbocharged

There must be a reason why they planted a turbo in a exiga GT and it aint for the passengers obviously.

i driven an ipsum and previa for 6 years and finally an odyssey. That is when i discover what i was deprived of.

horses for courses really. a previa has way more interior space than an ody n prob alot more comfy with a full cabin n luggage going to boleh. honda elysion is actually previa's competitor imo not ody.

• Praise 1

(edited)

horses for courses really. a previa has way more interior space than an ody n prob alot more comfy with a full cabin n luggage going to boleh. honda elysion is actually previa's competitor imo not ody.

many years ago i was at a PI and i heard the salesman say this to a potential customer:

"grandis and odyssey are wagons. if you want to but those might as well get a wish. only estima is a real MPV with sliding doors."

of course not the most reliable source, but there's indeed some basis in terms of functionality. especially now when i see that the new odyssey has become a "real MPV with sliding doors".

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 1

what is the omv?

About $30K + for the higher grade. Prices has only come down in tandem with the COE drop and not because of early adopter factors, This will only happen when the current model is near the end of its life and due for a facelift or revamp.

No point comparing the new Ody with the old one as many bros have done as due to falling sales in Japan and popularity with minivan there, Honda decided to abandoned the old concept of it being wagon like to provide more space but with consideration for driveabaility still. That is why it is still somewhat a driver cars though limited by its bulk and losing some of its confort to Toyota Previa bythe fact that it is firmly sprung.

Initial sales in Japan has proven that this was in the right direction as sales top to 12,000 units during its first month launch there when they had only forecasted to sell 4000 units/mth.

Ody is being benchmarked in japan with Alphard/ Elgrand as its interior is larger than Previa comparatively and Eyssion is no more in production.

• Praise 1

what is the omv?

According to LTA website, Odyssey OMV is 27k for normal model and 30k for the high spec model.

Quite low compared to Nissan Elgrand (36k), Toyota Previa (39k) and VW Sharan (41k).

According to LTA website, Odyssey OMV is 27k for normal model and 30k for the high spec model.

Quite low compared to Nissan Elgrand (36k), Toyota Previa (39k) and VW Sharan (41k).

Previa 39k OMV. 9K more. but the selling price is also about 9k more.

Sharan even more right? almost 200k?

Elgrand i dunno.

Elgrand i dunno.

9K more OMV should translate to around 25K more selling price because ARF, GST and excise duty are all levied on the OMV. If the actual selling price of the Previa is only 9K more than the Odyssey it can only mean that Honda is making too much money or Toyota is making too little.

Hypersonic

Elgrand i dunno.

previa price 9k more than ody only?

it was 15 - 20 k more when i checked about 1 month ago

seems elgrand at ~3k more looks better value imho