Feedback On New MCF

pChou

Hi MCFer,

Recently, we’ve upgraded MCF board. MCF moderator and admin team would like to gather feedback in this thread.

We will be glad if you can point out to us what you think should be changed or improved.

If you found any bugs and errors, please report here as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Is there a way to change the number of posts/page? The default 20 is rather short.. very fast need to click next page liao

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

QUOTE (Scholesy @ Sep 10 2013, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did a search, clicked on a thread, the the posts all got the post snapback tag???

Noted on this bug for past threads. Will try to resolve.

Need to run a script on all the 3million past threads.

Is there a way to change the number of posts/page? The default 20 is rather short.. very fast need to click next page liao

Yes. Will insert more options.

Give us a few days... or weeks... [lipsrsealed]

I was surprised to see the format changed just now.

But now I cant check those who replied to my posts. Or did I miss it somewhere?

I find the old format easier to use leh. [:|]

Ya I find the new format quite hard to read.

And I cant see who replied to my earlier posts n also the other threads. [thumbsdown]

And the damm ad keeps popping up all the time.

previously I just need to cancell it at the start n its gone.

Edited by Pisces69

No wonder last night cannot access. It was to change the format.

Haven't use mobile phone or tablet to see if the respective version will be better.

• Praise 1

I was surprised to see the format changed just now.

But now I cant check those who replied to my posts. Or did I miss it somewhere?

I find the old format easier to use leh. [:|]

you can, under forum view new replies, but clicking on the thread leads you to nowhere the reply is. [sleeping]

• Praise 1

My tablet can see, my mobile phone cannot see.

Both using android.

So dunno what is the issue.

Hi MCFer,

Recently, we’ve upgraded MCF board. MCF moderator and admin team would like to gather feedback in this thread.

We will be glad if you can point out to us what you think should be changed or improved.

If you found any bugs and errors, please report here as well.

you can, under forum view new replies, but clicking on the thread leads you to nowhere the reply is. [sleeping]

Ya quite user UNFRIENDLY. Wan to search also not as easy as b4.

And I keep getting "ERROR ON PAGE" too. [thumbsdown]

Quite hard to use this new format. The old format was soooo much better. [gossip]

No wonder last night cannot access. It was to change the format.

Haven't use mobile phone or tablet to see if the respective version will be better.

Last night till abt 8pm tonight I got the message on page as "Site is under maintenance" but seems ty changed the whole format.

Maybe needs time to get used to it but off hand the old format was more user friendly.

Easier to read even. [hur]

Ya quite user UNFRIENDLY. Wan to search also not as easy as b4.

And I keep getting "ERROR ON PAGE" too. [thumbsdown]

Quite hard to use this new format. The old format was soooo much better. [gossip]

"Over-engineered" like DSG GB. [laugh]

Turbocharged

brother - the view all button takes me to threads i started (instead of how it previously worked)

appreciate the effort in putting things together and migrating, but the UX feels a bit cold and unfriendly imho. i dont know but i feel like the previously site felt little warmer ... or was it my imagination?

• Praise 2

Boss, got one problem.

last time when we had read a thread, the next time we go in, we will go to the last read portion.

Now we start on page 1. its very difficult for us to continue a discussion especially if its a many pages thread (eg. Liverpool) and its hard to know where we left off as some popular thread actually jump 3 to 10 pages in matters of hour,

brother - the view all button takes me to threads i started (instead of how it previously worked)

appreciate the effort in putting things together and migrating, but the UX feels a bit cold and unfriendly imho. i dont know but i feel like the previously site felt little warmer ... or was it my imagination?

ur invagination....

Quite hard to ustand the new format or is it not functioning properly?

Yes n very cold. The post n reply all together n not seperated like b4. Others reading cant make much sense of who is saying what. Even I hv to recall what I posted then read the reply.

If its an old thread, how to recall since it was so long ago?

"Over-engineered" like DSG GB. [laugh]

Since SGCarMart bought over, ty prob wan to use their own format but its very confusing. [confused]

I just hope MCF dun disappear into the sunset n slowly fade away. We r after all the most popular car forum now. It wud b a shame to see it gone.

↡ Advertisement