Feedback On New MCF

pChou

I prefer the old format where I can see every latest posts at a glance.

Now I NEED to navigate to specific subcategories just to check out recent events that are happening. This, IMO, is bad for surfing bandwidth.

↡ Advertisement

I prefer the old format where I can see every latest posts at a glance.

Now I NEED to navigate to specific subcategories just to check out recent events that are happening. This, IMO, is bad for surfing bandwidth.

Ya n when I check who replied to me, I wil start to reply back one by one.

But now after I reply the 1st one, I check again n the whole page become blank. Cannot see who r the others who replied to me.

Last time when I click on the reply, a new window opens n I reply then close window n go back to the page that tells me what r the other replies. Now I go back n its all gone liow. [furious]

Edited by Pisces69

Ya n when I check who replied to me, I wil start to reply back one by one.

But now after I reply the 1st one, I check again n the whole page become blank. Cannot see who r the others who replied to me.

Last time when I click on the reply, a new window opens n I reply then close window n go back to the page that tells me what r the other replies. Now I go back n its all gone liow. [furious]

good in a sense that we see less of that nonsense XMM and jb ATB and all, and mind you, sure kena junk if any of those come up.....

not fr u maybe, but your partner in crime.

I don't think taking a poll after implementation would make any difference. There's no way that the forum owners will EVER revert to the previous format since they have already spent money, time and effort changing to the new one.

But at least it tells the owners that we prefered the previous format n hope ty try to bring back some of those things we had there.

The pages also all damm white. Is it cos want to save paint so can save the earth? [:|]

But at least it tells the owners that we prefered the previous format n hope ty try to bring back some of those things we had there.

The pages also all damm white. Is it cos want to save paint so can save the earth? [:|]

well, shows u really hv cataract mah...cos the glare is too undaunting...

surf w sunglasses la [sly][sly]

good in a sense that we see less of that nonsense XMM and jb ATB and all, and mind you, sure kena junk if any of those come up.....

not fr u maybe, but your partner in crime.

Er................But that what made MCF so popular n end up the NUMBER ONE CAR FORUM IN SG leh. [flowerface]

Er................But that what made MCF so popular n end up the NUMBER ONE CAR FORUM IN SG leh. [flowerface]

muahaha..but hor, when that old fella not arnd for a while, we still lumber 1 hor.....so dun try to make this ur case...kekekekeek

well, shows u really hv cataract mah...cos the glare is too undaunting...

surf w sunglasses la [sly][sly]

Ya now I surfing with polaroid n UV1 n 2 sunglasses. [sunny] Pple see tot I crazy use 2 sets of sunglasses at night.

Some tot I blind man ask if I need help to move around.

anyway folks...we also have given regular feedbacks so that they are aware, since we use the forum more often...so give it time.

Perhaps someone, who has too much time, spelt jman888, can conslidate a list. After all, he nothing better to do anyway

muahaha..but hor, when that old fella not arnd for a while, we still lumber 1 hor.....so dun try to make this ur case...kekekekeek

It took years of hard work to build MCF up to what it is mah. It wil take some time to fall also.

But once it falls......its gone forever. [bigcry]

It took years of hard work to build MCF up to what it is mah. It wil take some time to fall also.

But once it falls......its gone forever. [bigcry]

as with all things, give it time. I am sure once we see less of the folks come in, it could trigger changes.

For all we know, most YOUNG PPL, used to the current platform, n may hop on seamlessly.....

as for oldies....er, maybe go back to the delphi days...kekekekeke

run and hide

as with all things, give it time. I am sure once we see less of the folks come in, it could trigger changes.

For all we know, most YOUNG PPL, used to the current platform, n may hop on seamlessly.....

as for oldies....er, maybe go back to the delphi days...kekekekeke

run and hide

Aiyoh Where can like that.

SG always junk the old n sayang the new. Wait the new birds take it over n turn it into another Sammyboy then u all know. [:|]

Turbocharged

one question.. i noticed there is a 'follow' button.. it is the same as subscribe to the forum?

seems weird that a day before the forum upgrade, i recieved a couple hundreds of digest posts i previously participated, then after the upgrade, i am receiving none.. not even those i subscribed to..

Turbocharged

Another suggestion:

The implementation of praise and junk is a good thing, it will limit trolling post up to a certain extent. But it's open to abuse, especially when users can praise/junk anonymously.

If possible, remove the ability to praise/junk anonymously (especially junk). This will make users think twice to anyhow "junk" a post which they don't like.

Edit: actually this applies mostly to junk.. doesn't really matter if praise is anonymous or not..

Edited by Shull

1st and foremost, this is a car forum, not an advertisiing board (although the host needs the dough to get by). may be that is 2nd, at least to us forummers. as a forum, the discussion threads should come up 1st, as in the old format. u want to change colour, how things are displayed etc etc, no problem. but as a forum the discussions threads should come up 1st. all other stuff can follow.

if the threads are relegated to all the way down, just so that people will see all the commercial parts as they scroll downwards, i think it is just taking the forummers for a ride ...

to me, it's not the layout that i can't get used to, it's the sequence of layout that i find out of place.

if not, this is really all about sgcarmart.com, mcf is just a source of readership.

1st and foremost, this is a car forum, not an advertisiing board (although the host needs the dough to get by). may be that is 2nd, at least to us forummers. as a forum, the discussion threads should come up 1st, as in the old format. u want to change colour, how things are displayed etc etc, no problem. but as a forum the discussions threads should come up 1st. all other stuff can follow.

if the threads are relegated to all the way down, just so that people will see all the commercial parts as they scroll downwards, i think it is just taking the forummers for a ride ...

to me, it's not the layout that i can't get used to, it's the sequence of layout that i find out of place.

if not, this is really all about sgcarmart.com, mcf is just a source of readership.

can always save the forum page as your home page and bypass the main information page.