Noise After Rotation

Bieffe

why you suspect he is bluffing?

If he ask you to change new tyre , Noise gone meaning he is true?

If the noise is still exist May be he is bluffing.

You can pay him to put the tyres back to original position and if noise gone meaning your back tyre got issue

I think he is bluffing becos b4 what he did no sound. Tyres are still new...still have those rubber sticking out. So far after rotation and balance always better this is 1st time.

How to tell if it's bearing.?

Since my question till today still noisy.

Don't want to waste $ to balance wheel when is lousy new tyres causing the problem. Is Goodyear excellence. Don't even get it. Dame noisy and lousy for small bumps.

Also I feel tyre rotation is essential. If u look at ur tyres the front almost always wear more due to turns. If u are one of those auntie who full lock at stationery...It will even be faster.

↡ Advertisement

Oh u mean ty re-mount tire the other way around.

I tot ty can turn the whole tire inside out. Hahaha.

if it not u channel and

Flip over then it will like what you said....[/laugh]

Rotate back from front to back, im very sure the sound will disappear. two of your rear tyre before rotate already uneven. if u can bear with the noise for another maybe around 3k km, then stay put as eventually the uneven tyre will balance up but depend on how bad it is.

• Praise 1

U rotate rear to front & front to rear right? Most likely worn out tyres got lesser noise compare to the newer tyres especially those which are dry. unless u are using those expensive tyres which are soft & better grip. its will not have all this problems.. bear with it..

Bieffe , now you don't have to try any more balance , just get WS to put back to tyre to old position.

If noise gone (your old tyre caused the noise due to irregular wear) .

If noise still persist (refer to Mech for wheel bearing issue)

you said your tyres are new? share how long the tyre used ? and how old?

some one mentioned bear with the noise and tyre will even up later ( yes but it takes long time and you got to learn to enjoy the Music you hate)

• Praise 1

Did tyres rotation recently with balancing.

However after that the car when on the move has tire noise. Sounds like helicopter. Like what u here with some trucks...voov voop voop sound.

Took the car back to the place I did rotation he say tire balancing will not cause the noise. Is the tyres..but mine is quite new and before rotation and balance don't have such sound. He say to eliminate sound just rotate back but I will have uneven wear!

So is he bluffing? Is it a bad balancing?

I had this experience before and it's due to uneven wear on the tires. So when front tires and rotated to the rear and rear to front there were noises heard, just like yours. I went to mech thinking front wheel bearing is going to up lorry but mech told me might not be bearing. He told me to drive for 1-2 weeks before going back to him. Turns out is tire uneven wear. Eyes cannot see the physical wear. At first I'm also doubtful but the noise was gone after a while.

Edited by Watwheels

Thanks for the inputs. Brought to mechanic...He feel more of a tyre issue to took me to tyre shop.

They removed wheel and check balance after seeing no physical damage.

Balance is slightly off but the main issue is very uneven wear.

On the balance the wheel moved up and down!

Changed tyres. Let's see after some KMs. Noise is gone for now.

100% is uneven tyre wear. Even if your tyre is fairly new, worn out shock absorbers or negative camber will cause uneven tyre wear. Any tyre shop will be able to tell you just by touching the tyre surface. you should have the above 2 items check. balancing the tyre will not help. changing new tyres wil not help too cause the new tyre will up lorry at the same rate too..........

Thanks for the inputs. Brought to mechanic...He feel more of a tyre issue to took me to tyre shop.

They removed wheel and check balance after seeing no physical damage.

Balance is slightly off but the main issue is very uneven wear.

On the balance the wheel moved up and down!

Changed tyres. Let's see after some KMs. Noise is gone for now.

Hi Bieffe, glad the noise is gone for now. There are a number of very valid points from the guys here. Kudos to you bros.

As for the very uneven wear, it might be good to do a basic car servicing (or alignment) to do the point checks to see if certain car parts have worn off to have caused the uneven wear.

It could be an issue if 1 or 2 of the tyres wear off much faster than the others. One reason is that when it comes to the time to change tyres, eg. 2 of the tyres treads are "botak" already but the other 2 still have some percentage of tread left. When changing tyres, it's usually done in pairs or all 4 which means the other 2 tyres' tread is wasted. If converted into monetary terms, could be couple of tens of dollars.

If the problem is not solved, it is likely that the next set of tyres can't be fully utilized as well as 2 of the tyres will still have tread left. With rotation, this can be minimized but you might encounter the "helicopter" sound again while waiting for the wear to be even.

Edited by Tyrequeen

Neutral Newbie

I did tyre rotation and balancing plus alignment all in one go. The car go straight now but now driving at fast speed 70kmh above, can hear noise from tyre..b4 this not this much tyre noise..

is this noise normal after rotation as the threads are uneven and need time to even out? I rotated tyres from rear to front.

I did tyre rotation and balancing plus alignment all in one go. The car go straight now but now driving at fast speed 70kmh above, can hear noise from tyre..b4 this not this much tyre noise..

is this noise normal after rotation as the threads are uneven and need time to even out? I rotated tyres from rear to front.

Which shop do for U?

Oh u mean ty re-mount tire the other way around.

I saw my tyres got stamped inside and outside means can’t remount the other side right?

I saw my tyres got stamped inside and outside means can’t remount the other side right?

you can do so , so long don't get caught .

frankly speaking , please follow what is Marked , you wont know what could happen to the tire handling.

↡ Advertisement