Google chrome problem

Sosaria

Asking the IT experts here... [laugh]

I have this issue with Google chrome browser, but does not occur on IE.

By the way, Chrome has been updated, and I've done a search with the problem description, yield no useful info. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

The problem is that whenever I click on a URL or key it in, it generates 6 instances in the history. That is, if I view history, I'll see 6 lines of the same URL.

It's annoying because I can not simply click the "back" button to return to previously viewed URL... I have to "back" 6 times if I wish to do so. Currently resorting to viewing history and clicking on the previous URL directly in order to go back... [dizzy]

Anyone has seen this issue before and can point out how to solve it?

↡ Advertisement

Whenever I asked my co's IT personnel for IT issues, they will ask me to "CTR-ALT-DEL". Tell them, done liao, then they say "Reboot". Tell them also done liao, they say "Reboot again". Tell them already rebooted many times liao, then they come down. But, normally when they come down, the issues disappeared. Dunno why!?! [dead]

By the way, Chrome has been updated, and I've done a search with the problem description, yield no useful info. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

The problem is that whenever I click on a URL or key it in, it generates 6 instances in the history. That is, if I view history, I'll see 6 lines of the same URL.

It's annoying because I can not simply click the "back" button to return to previously viewed URL... I have to "back" 6 times if I wish to do so. Currently resorting to viewing history and clicking on the previous URL directly in order to go back... [dizzy]

I no IT expert here. Maybe you can try reset internet explorer settings to default conidtions Edited by Yewheng

https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

(edited)

Thank you. Very useful... fixed the problem. The forum talked about something called adblock being activated, then the blocking function generates error pages everytime an ad tries to load whenever you go to a new URL, thus generating many instances of the same URL.

I didn't have this so-called adblock, but I went to settings, extension and disabled something called "HomeTab"... now problem is gone! [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria

Thank you. Very useful... fixed the problem. The forum talked about something called adblock being activated, then the blocking function generates error pages everytime an ad tries to load whenever you go to a new URL, thus generating many instances of the same URL.

I didn't have this so-called adblock, but I went to settings, extension and disabled something called "HomeTab"... now problem is gone! [laugh]

Dan you know what to do. See the "Praise" blue tab at the bottom right corner on my post?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1