Mechanised parking systems at HDB estate rolling out in 2015

Yewheng

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/three-pilot-sites-be-implemented-mechanised-parking-systems-2015-20131

Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Changi Village to start rolling out mechanised parking system in year 2015. What are your views. Good or bad ??

Forget something from your car? Get in line and wait. But its a start to solving the parking crunch.

personally i felt its a good scheme overall as it reduces the need to search for parking lots..the problem is the maintenance aspect of the parking system..given SG's track record of slip shod checks and maintenance, if the MPS breaks down..60 cars might be stuck together with no one able to get in/out

2nd problem is the illegal parking near the MPS..since driving into MPS is via EPS system..many drivers will cheat by parking illegally nearby these carparks without paying along double yellow lines/zig-zag lines..hence the authorities must step up enforcement against all these errant drivers [nod]

• Praise 1

personally i felt its a good scheme overall as it reduces the need to search for parking lots..the problem is the maintenance aspect of the parking system..given SG's track record of slip shod checks and maintenance, if the MPS breaks down..60 cars might be stuck together with no one able to get in/out

2nd problem is the illegal parking near the MPS..since driving into MPS is via EPS system..many drivers will cheat by parking illegally nearby these carparks without paying along double yellow lines/zig-zag lines..hence the authorities must step up enforcement against all these errant drivers [nod]

Just hope the system to be reliable and also not to wait for too long to get car. Another aspect will be how much will season parking cost for Mechanised parking system ?? Gonna be more expensive than multi-story carpark.

Turbocharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/three-pilot-sites-be-implemented-mechanised-parking-systems-2015-20131

Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Changi Village to start rolling out mechanised parking system in year 2015. What are your views. Good or bad ??

In CBD area will make sense as space is a luxury.

no point doing it in suburban or residential area

Turbocharged

Just hope the system to be reliable and also not to wait for too long to get car. Another aspect will be how much will season parking cost for Mechanised parking system ?? Gonna be more expensive than multi-story carpark.

not necessary, for the same amount of space, the MPS easily can get 2x or 3x the parking capacity.

Turbocharged

be prepared to pay more!!

That's the least of the issue. The bigger issues is prepared to wait more!

Most pple has money to pay more, not many has time to waste. In Spore, time is more precious than money.

Imagine early morning, everyone queue up to get his car. A joker, who probably not very good at it will hold up the queue. Pple behind starts to get frus.

Coming back same issue, long queue just to get into the MPS. Some driver couldn't align her car and hold up the queue. More frus.

And pray that that the MPS didn't breakdown or something due to the heavy usage at HDB.

I really don't think MPS could work well in a mass housing situation. In a small development, yes, it should work. Many small private condos have it. And to make it work, you need a cutlure of patience, tolerance and understanding. I don't think our drivers have that.

I already see some problems.

One get in the car, while it's in the lift, crank engine and either the battery is dead or mechanical problem.

The lift is stuck and so is everyone in the queue until the car can move out.

The wait could be minutes, it could be hours.

• Praise 2

I already see some problems.

One get in the car, while it's in the lift, crank engine and either the battery is dead or mechanical problem.

Oh Ya, you got valid point. If car battery is flat or other issue which car unable to move off, it will jam up the queue.

I'd never thought of it but this is definitely a valid concern..it'll be frustrating if it happens to me [sweatdrop]

Eh?...No more youtube link?

Oh well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJdydvxnbU

6mil dollars carpark for 140 cars.

$10k to maintain carpark monthly.

3-4 breakdowns per month.

1hr to correct breakdown and get things back up again. (Wow, that's optimistic.)

4mins to retrieve car.

Aiya. If not enough lots, just build a 30-storey MSCP lor.

Edited by Watwheels

I find all the comments are valid, long queues during peak hours. I also see a positive point about it, no one can go scratch you car when it's parked in there.

Turbocharged

Eh?...No more youtube link?

Oh well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJdydvxnbU

6mil dollars carpark for 140 cars.

$10k to maintain carpark monthly.

3-4 breakdowns per month.

1hr to correct breakdown and get things back up again. (Wow, that's optimistic.)

4mins to retrieve car.

Aiya. If not enough lots, just build a 30-storey MSCP lor.

From the news, i find that the savings of 20% in space is not worthwhile for all the incoveniences and risk of a MPS.

20% in space is just like having another storey in a MSCP (assuming most MSCP is 5 storey high) ,. Wouldn't that be more economical in the long run?

Edited by Icedbs

Supercharged

I find all the comments are valid, long queues during peak hours. I also see a positive point about it, no one can go scratch you car when it's parked in there.

or no one can steal or put junk flyers on your car....

Turbocharged

ho seh liao.....those indian car washer going to eat grass....

lucky my estate is MSCP (Not open car-park)

I hate MPS....when u are rushing for time, you have to quee up to get the car down.

if you meet a 1st timer MPS driver, liao liao. many minutes wasted.

im referring to the chinatown that MPS.

No choice. have to live with it in our constraint island

↡ Advertisement