Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 61 praises

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Singa
  • Singa
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

where to go to replace car remote key?

any recommendations?

Achtung and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If yr key has an immobilizer, best to get from agent but damm ex.

Otherwise try SOXXI. Ty advertise quite often in the papers n mags.

Edited by Pisces69, 07 October 2013 - 03:24 AM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Soxxi abit on the expensive side..

Few months back i drop my remote and immobiliser kaput, i went to Newton Auto to duplicate a new set.. So far so good.. price quite reasonable.

Bavarian and 2 Anonymous members praised this

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Rollagt
  • Premium member
    Rollagt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yah..newton not bad. Located at the far corner of Turf City near the holding area for scrap cars

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Soxxi abit on the expensive side..

Few months back i drop my remote and immobiliser kaput, i went to Newton Auto to duplicate a new set.. So far so good.. price quite reasonable.

Ty can also do immobliser key? Mine Optra. Original key from AD cost a bomb. Soxxi can do but no guarantee wil work perfectly.

Yrs what car n does the immobliser key work perfectly n how much?

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I duplicated mine (with chip for immobiliser) at Newton for $80. Soxxi wanted $120 for the same thing.

Edited by Kb27, 07 October 2013 - 10:40 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I duplicated mine (with chip for immobiliser) at Newton for $80. Soxxi wanted $120 for the same thing.

Ya I know Soxxi was damm ex too. N ty dun guarantee it wil work well.

I was thinking of getting a proxi card(like those used to open those magnetic lock doors in buildings n hanging it on the key chain if only I can get the same frequency.

Motorola proxi cards only cost abt $5 each.

The main thing is the frequency of the chip in the key.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I was thinking of getting a proxi card(like those used to open those magnetic lock doors in buildings n hanging it on the key chain if only I can get the same frequency.

Me lost my remote with immobilizer and keyless entry now left with one.
To replace very expensive cost around 400+ or 180 without remote control and keyless entry.

Please share if proxi card can work.
3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Me lost my remote with immobilizer and keyless entry now left with one.
To replace very expensive cost around 400+ or 180 without remote control and keyless entry.

Please share if proxi card can work.

I hv not tried yet.

The prob I see is finding the proxi card with the exact same frequency as the immobilizer.

I hv 2 keys as original. 1 is with remote n the other is just key w/out remote so I was looking at my options if I need to replace a key. When I called the AD n found out the cost of a replacement key, I almost fainted. [sweatdrop]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suggest you contact Newton autokey at Turf Club.

They have some sophisticated machines that can read code and duplicate to another.

Their price is definitely better than Soxxi.

When I got my used VW van, I was only given one key. No choice but to find and make a duplicate key with immobilizer chip.

Edited by Kb27, 08 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Cosmicclaw praised this

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suggest you contact Newton autokey at Turf Club.

They have some sophisticated machines that can read code and duplicate to another.

Their price is definitely better than Soxxi.

When I got my used VW van, I was only given one key. No choice but to find and make a duplicate key with immobilizer chip.

OK thanks for the info.

I wil keep in mind.

I checked several years back when I bought my car as only 1 key came with the remote n I was thinking of getting a spare with remote fr my daughter to use the car but she dun like the Optra n dun drive it at all now so I dun bother anymore.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Taman sentosa the row of shop hse opp the store. The hardware shop they do immobiliser key for jazz(If I am rmb correctly is abt SGD 120, when I checked 4 yr ago)

U will see many sg car there

If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Cai_shenye
  • Cai_shenye
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any recommendations?

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Kongfk88
  • Kongfk88
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you stay in the West you can try Boon Lay Shopping Centre. At the ground level there is a stall (not shop, but a push cart stall) in front of the shop selling shoes and luggages. I only changed my car key battery and saw that he also duplicates remote control. But I have not tried this service. Just a suggestion. Btw he charged $10 for my battery.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ghostrider
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider
    Supercharged
    Author Image

IMHO...Soxxi is expensive...but based on my experience they are alright.

My old BMW E34 duplicate key...when to B1 of Raffles City to duplicate...can open door cannot start the car....then go to another shop in Ubi...same thing...end up no refund...cos they insist that it work...its my inigtion key got problem...WTF...nvm...

When to Soxxi...they did for me...I told them about my problem...they say dun work...dun pay. Nothing to lose...let them do the keys...both work like a charm. A bit ex lah...confirm I paid more but cant rememeber the price.

If remote...the shop at Suntec basement (where Tony Roma is)...the shop also not bad. reasonable price.

I got no signature ??

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Achtung
  • Premium member
    Achtung
    Supercharged
    Author Image

any recommendations?

There is a stall opp AML in Ubi.

Cheap and good.

If you cannot differentiate a TP from an LTA officer, you ain't a car enthusiast.

Have you come here to play Jesus, to the Lepers in your head? U2 - One

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Cai_shenye
  • Cai_shenye
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Soxxi service very good

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

ethankarmion
  • ethankarmion
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I think you have to replace the entire lock system. That's what they did to my car when I lost my keys. :)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Singa
  • Singa
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I ended going to car key zone at ubi to duplicate the remote (no immobilser).

Cost around 50+, so far so good.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

Samloongwong
  • Premium member
    Samloongwong
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My car remote broken already,where can replace ?i stay in central,any recommend?

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

SgGarage Edwin

SgGarage Edwin  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by hutt  |  Neutral Newbie

Was at the AMK outlet to install in-car camera,
Excellent service, installation was swift, great job done, would definitely recommend friends to support this workshop

Soxxi Master (Yishun) Car Key Specialty Shop

Soxxi Master (Yishun) Car Key Specialty Shop  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Tankookkoon  |  Neutral Newbie

I lost my honda civic remote key. Come to Soxxi Master Yishun duplicate my remote key to FLIP key very nice ,good quality and feel more sercured.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Keys & Remote

Quick Reply

Tags: replace, car, remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users