Cyclist breaks all traffic rules, stops traffic near Vivocit

Rainbatt

I don't believe that the law calls for a cyclist to be ON the white line because that would mean that he is holding up 2 lanes at the same time.

Further, the rider in the video did not signal when either stopping, slowing down or turning - this mean he was already broken at least 2 traffic laws before behind horned by the car driver.

Also, the law states nothing about where he can or cannot be when turning but it does state the following so take from it what you will:

No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of another vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking such other vehicle.

Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed (this was clearly not done by the cyclist as we can see right when the video starts).

got link boh.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I don't believe that the law calls for a cyclist to be ON the white line because that would mean that he is holding up 2 lanes at the same time.

Further, the rider in the video did not signal when either stopping, slowing down or turning - this mean he was already broken at least 2 traffic laws before behind horned by the car driver.

Also, the law states nothing about where he can or cannot be when turning but it does state the following so take from it what you will:

No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of another vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking such other vehicle.

Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed (this was clearly not done by the cyclist as we can see right when the video starts).

you are trying to find needle in the egg? :huh:

• Praise 1

I think it's really pointless to argue who's in the right. Cyclist will think he's right and driver will think he's right. So no end to it.

But from my point of view, looking at the cyclist, he has too much to loose and that include his life. The driver, what will he get himself into if he had run down the cyclist? Judging from past sentences for "negligent drivers"...they still get to drive someday. The cyclist? If he's dead, he's dead. You think he can get up and taunt drivers somemore? I would call the cyclist a fool. All it takes is for a crazy driver to accept his taunt and run him over.

This has nothing to do with race. If the cyclist's ego is bigger dan his brain... dan so be it. He deserve no pity if something serious happens.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Aiyah stupiaks everywhere, suah.

If i'm the driver, i'd stay behind and cover the cyclist to keep him safe from impatient stupiaks like TS (chiong for what? the right turn in front red arrow still on, still need to stop anyway).

If i'm the cyclist, i'd stick to left lane and stop along kerb near the junction i want to turn to let the traffic from this green light clear first, road all clear then cut across to do right turn (this is my usual practice. knn not tour de france leh, stop for one or two minutes also cannot meh?)

In the end both is stupiaks and I am more clever. Dunno why people sooo adamant about getting their way and causing stress to the rest of the world. Kanasai all must go for compulsory meditation course.

• Praise 3

you are trying to find needle in the egg? :huh:

Friend. If a car straddles 2 lanes and doesn't signal, many people will say the same thing. No reason why a cyclist should be exempt from any of this.

• Praise 1

but honestly speaking this is how cyclist cycle on the road, either you follow patiently or you overtake him, actually i would anticipate such cycle pattern and dun think it was that dangerous,

I would anticipate that too but it doesn't mean he's right.

First of all, he beated the red light. Imagine if suddenly a car turning trying to beat blinking green arrow, what would happened? Unless the car has superb braking power and high anticipation, the cyclist would either die or the car would swerve and hit other cars or the kerb. Can claim from the cyclist? No....

Secondly, when cyclists filter also need to check blind spot and signal with his hand which he didn't do. It almost seemed like that cyclist was trying to block the car on purpose as he felt traffic coming up behind him, probably 'dua kee' mentality, I do not know. (actually I know a lot of riders do that too, maybe subconsciously?)

The driver could be at fault for sounding his horn loudly too, to aggravate the situation...

• Praise 3

Bad, bad cyclist!

Having said that, if there was allowance, I would hv overtaken him way before he arrives at the filter lane. If not, I would hv kept my distance behind him and wait for his.next move.

• Praise 1

I watched twice...where did he suddenly change lanes?

From what I see he's riding along the white line...as far to the left of the lane as he can. Right where he is supposed to be.

Wish the video had sound so could tell how much of a bully TS was being.

But there is no doubt in my mind that TS was the provoker.

Don't ever horn a cyclust from close behind. At best you are bing a bully...at worst...well.

the cyclist is riding in the middle of the road. the horn is just a warning TO WARN THE CYCLIST A CAR IS APPROACHING , PLS BECAREFUL.

• Praise 1

Aiyah stupiaks everywhere, suah.

If i'm the driver, i'd stay behind and cover the cyclist to keep him safe from impatient stupiaks like TS (chiong for what? the right turn in front red arrow still on, still need to stop anyway).

If i'm the cyclist, i'd stick to left lane and stop along kerb near the junction i want to turn to let the traffic from this green light clear first, road all clear then cut across to do right turn (this is my usual practice. knn not tour de france leh, stop for one or two minutes also cannot meh?)

In the end both is stupiaks and I am more clever. Dunno why people sooo adamant about getting their way and causing stress to the rest of the world. Kanasai all must go for compulsory meditation course.

Agree with most of your views but consider that the area have a huge T-junction with traffic going all directions and some will just get stuck in the yellow box for no reasons. How many times you come across this????

Red stop light is "on" but slow approach without considerations of other user behind also create stresses on the road and one will lead to another.

Have seen some cars simply go to a crawling speed towards red light without considerations of users behind him.

Not sure what TS does, but I would have light horn and move pass the cyclist to keep pace with traffic infront; Vivo traffic can be quite heavy at times.

Laws and regulations is like a stick, each thinks they have a bigger one without realising no one actually wins.

People are so adamant about getting their way like you've said is because they think they have the stick.

I watched twice...where did he suddenly change lanes?

From what I see he's riding along the white line...as far to the left of the lane as he can. Right where he is supposed to be.

I have not read the rules but I challenge you to show that a cyclist is supposed to ride "along the white line". Riding along the white line is not equals to being as far left IN the lane as he can be.

As for every other action of the cyclist.. stopping in the middle of a lane at the first instance (holding up traffic) was already a wrong. Holding that resentment till the next junction and PURPOSEFULLY trapping the driver in the middle of the road (and thereby holding up even more traffic of 2 roads) is an even BIGGER no-no

Don't ever horn a cyclust from close behind. At best you are bing a bully...at worst...well.

Dun be a clown. A driver horns at drivers/motorists/pedestrians who are IN FRONT of them. so naturally the driver has to be behind the said third party ... how is that a bully? You horn at drivers BEHIND you?!!?

And if it's because of the close proximity, isn't it very reasonable to tap the horn to warn of collision!??!... You advocating that people to be horning at other road users 30 meters ahead who are straddling/filtering lanes!?

There is no doubt in my mind that your response is totally baseless. Might even be called biased ... given that the cyclist is obviously not Asian.

This video shows up exactly the kind of farked up attitude of 'entitled' cyclists. They feel that they have the right to use the road (and they do ..RESPONSIBILY) but at the slightest trigger of what they perceived to be an 'attack' on that right. They behave worse that the worst drivers/motorists.

Reason this: If that cyclist was replaced by driver in a car. I'd dare say this

1. ANY driver in TS's position would have tapped the horn to warn that lane encroaching driver

2. ANY driver that was in the cyclist's position WOULD NOT have (dared to) hold up traffic like this cyclist did.

Edited by Scoots
  • Praise 1

this cyclist gives bad names to all cyclists.....

lucky no big trucks...if not he sure kena made into flattened meat....

oh....as usual....met arrogant cyclists like this in the video all the times...they dunno the traffic rules meh????

Reason this: If that cyclist was replaced by driver in a car. I'd dare say this

1. ANY driver in TS's position would have tapped the horn to warn that lane encroaching driver

2. ANY driver that was in the cyclist's position WOULD NOT have (dared to) hold up traffic like this cyclist did.

correct d cyclist was expecting 2 b given way, but y shld he? where is his defensive driving/cycling skill?

im a cyclist myself but i never expect 2 b given way, coz its me vs a big metallic object. Im not risking a hospital stay n wrecked bicycle. I rather cycle along left most lane n cross when red light than try n cycle same speed as cars coz its way safer.

D cyclist in d video is trying his luck. If not today, another day cld a truck driver who doesnt give a damn n simply squash then how? thats y need car cameras coz too many stupid incidents nowadays

• Praise 3