KIA K3 @$96,999

Spring

Hi bros,

Anyone saw the advert in today's ST that KIA K3 going for $96,999??

Sounds too good to be true. Gimmick or hidden terms and conditions??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

they could be following tan chong motor strategy. example model ABC is selling at 100k. but its subjected to 12 coe bids. if the coe hits 60k within the 12 bids, then they will sell model ABC at 100k.

specific details i am not too sure. so please dun scold me if i am wrong

Hi bros,

they could be following tan chong motor strategy. example model ABC is selling at 100k. but its subjected to 12 coe bids. if the coe hits 60k within the 12 bids, then they will sell model ABC at 100k.

specific details i am not too sure. so please dun scold me if i am wrong

possibly. smart move actually. lock customers in advance at no loss to them.

K3 without COE should cost around $35-40k. So to sell at $97k, COE needs to drop to $50k+ by April 2014 (assuming 12 bids non-guaranteed). It's no loss to the company because they are locking customers in without guaranteeing the delivery of the car. If COE does not drop to $50k+, then they either refund customers the deposit, or ask customers to top up.

I find this scheme ok for those ppl who have a car currently and in no rush to change... looking at the trend i dont think COE will drop drastically withing 12 bidding.

Yah confirmed non guaranteed 12 coe bidding... with car loan must deposit 5k...

Edited by Xers007

Hi bros,

Read in the papers and it fine print is book now for next year 2014. [sly]

They expecting CAT A to drop when the HP kicks in February 2014... [drivingcar]

The ADs are anticipating a drop in Cat A next year. I was at Plaza Sing a couple of weeks ago and Renault was having a road show there. It is also offering 12 bids for their cars into 2014 at much discounted prices.

yeah!! Komoco doing the same!! I was at the Show room 2 weekends ago and was quoted 108K for Elantra on 12 bids non guarantee bid and COE cap at 55K.

for 6 bids, price is 128K for same vehicle.

Think they are anticipating possibly around 20k COE price drop. [sly] but as previous post (Paddie) mentioned, the dealers have nothing to lose and they get to keep your deposit!!

if they lock in a number of sales, it also mean demand is high (coe hard to come down). End up, they will pressure pressure and those who cannot tahan and make top up will eventually get their car. Those that never, unlikely.

If the scheme is a long term (12 bids) non-guranteed package, then i find it meaningless. Car-buyer can just wait till the coe drop in 6 months time and then book. Why subject ownself to a stressful 6 months.

If COE price does not drop to the projected level and no car delivery, car-buyer wasted the time value of his deposit and incurred stress. If COE price drops, the price of the car at that future point in time would adjust accordingly down anyway. My thoughts apply to existing car owner and non-owner alike.

If it is guranteed, then the considerations would be different.