Wheels hitting fender

Kurty

Right.... Will let you know again. -20?!

well, gimme a call then. go out for makan.

true. i sliced and diced mine up to accommodate my 17x9.5 -20s

↡ Advertisement

The best option is to visit an accessory shop and ask them for spring buffer for sale. You also ask them whether it can cure the touching problem. You must find a good quality one.  If still the problem persists visit professional mechanic.

The best option is to visit an accessory shop and ask them for spring buffer for sale. You also ask them whether it can cure the touching problem. You must find a good quality one.  If still the problem persists visit professional mechanic.

Wow.....1.5yrs tread revived. The question poser probably worn out the problem tire on the fender already. [:p]

Borrow this thread.

I am thinking to change my tire profile from 225/45/17 to 225/50/17 --> increase the sidewall profile by 1 size. Reason is to make the car more comfortable. The tire i am targeting (f1a3) only come in this 2 sizes, otherwise I might go for 215/50/17.

Car is currently lowered to 2 fingers gap on coils. No rubbing issues. Rims are aftermarket but at stock offset. Previously on stock suspension I had used 215/50/17 and no issues.

My worry is tire hitting. My feel is that the rear tires should be safe from hitting. I worry more of the front hitting when turning. Is my concern valid? Any comments?

If it hit, I am prepared to increase the car height by another finger. Not sure would this help?

Edited by Columbian78

Borrow this thread.

I am thinking to change my tire profile from 225/45/17 to 225/50/17 --> increase the sidewall profile by 1 size. Reason is to make the car more comfortable. The tire i am targeting (f1a3) only come in this 2 sizes, otherwise I might go for 215/50/17.

Car is currently lowered to 2 fingers gap on coils. No rubbing issues. Rims are aftermarket but at stock offset. Previously on stock suspension I had used 215/50/17 and no issues.

My worry is tire hitting. My feel is that the rear tires should be safe from hitting. I worry more of the front hitting when turning. Is my concern valid? Any comments?

If it hit, I am prepared to increase the car height by another finger. Not sure would this help?

how much more comfortable just with the minor sidewall profile change?

you probably won't feel much of a difference in comfort but deviating more and more from stock potentially causing more issues

:D

45% of 215mm = 96.75mm

50% of 215mm =107.5mm

10mm more, check during turning. If there is rubbing, increase car height by one more finger as mentioned.

more complicated than simply increasing the rolling diameter.

with the 10mm increase in rolling radius, there is sidewall bulge to consider and how much bulge is dependent on the tyre you are targeting. Some tyre models have stiffer sidewall (less bulge) and some have softer sidewall (more bulge).

this combined increased rolling radius with sidewall bulge can potentially rub in 3 main areas: the fender on the outer side, the inner side of the wheel well and lastly the spring/coilover on the inner side.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I'm currently driving a 1.5A sunny on drift racing coilovers.

Using 205/45/16 Bridgestone MY05 front tyres and Kumho Ecsta PS31 rear tyres.

Am considering changing to 205/50/16 for better comfort as on coilvers is already very bumpy hence thinking if upgrading to 205/50/16 will be better.

Can any experienced bro advice?

Many thanks!

↡ Advertisement