• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
3174 replies to this topic | 910 praises

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Gorjiam
  • Gorjiam

By the powers bestowed onto me, I shall declare this.. A NEW THREAD!

Carried on from here:

http://www.mycarforu...elcomed/page-76

1 Anonymous member praised this
Shameful owner of a disgusting Japanese Econ Box.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

By the powers bestowed onto me, I shall declare this.. A NEW THREAD!

Carried on from here:

http://www.mycarforu...elcomed/page-76

ini macam forum god...

1 Anonymous member praised this
Slice without blood, Bite without marks

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Pinned

--------------------------------------------
Busso V6 - One of the Nine Greatest 6 Cylinder Engines in the last decade.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Simplybay
  • Premium member
    Simplybay
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

just wanna check if anyone experienced it. occasionally i have difficulties in starting the engine. after inserting car key for a few second then press start button, its doesnt crank, but with a tick sound. at times i got to press a few times then it will crank and start the engine, other time i can start once i push the start button. battery changed few months ago.

my question is whether there is any known issue? was it an indication of starter motor going to kaput soon? or was it my remote key battery failing thus failing to initialize the immobiliser?  or anything im not aware of. 

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Flameblade
  • Flameblade
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

just wanna check if anyone experienced it. occasionally i have difficulties in starting the engine. after inserting car key for a few second then press start button, its doesnt crank, but with a tick sound. at times i got to press a few times then it will crank and start the engine, other time i can start once i push the start button. battery changed few months ago.

my question is whether there is any known issue? was it an indication of starter motor going to kaput soon? or was it my remote key battery failing thus failing to initialize the immobiliser?  or anything im not aware of. 

Mine was due to the battery last time. I change the battery and it goes away.

But you said u change the battery, I guess other's can advice you better.

So far my car Key battery is still ok for more then 4 years plus, how long is your car key battery?

To Saabretooth and thingy:

Sent to the workshop and primary diagnostic was that my selespeed clutch needs to be change and my driveshaft there is some problem on the right hand side.

Normally what mileage does the clutch need to be change?

Edited by Flameblade, 12 October 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Theredstar
  • Premium member
    Theredstar
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Use metal key got
Same
Problem?

Sent to the workshop and primary diagnostic was that my selespeed clutch needs to be change and my driveshaft there is some problem on the right hand side.

Normally what mileage does the clutch need to be change?[/quote]

Think is driving habit rt?
Say if u keep using the launching technique...
Bitten and Smitten

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Had a scare today. Lane 2 at CTE tunnel. Gear 5 and cruising. D+S.

Car revved up and switched to N with gear stick still at right position.

Flicked left and right...no response.

Switched Sport mode off.. no response.

Put D off.. no response.

Switched back and forth about 5x.. no response.

Put hazard light and wanted to switch to the left lane but stupid big truck just die die want to travel parallel with me, preventing me from going over. By then speed was like 60kmh liao 

Tried frantically again..finally managed to get in gear.

What a good scare.

Edited by Theoldjaffa, 12 October 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Mine was due to the battery last time. I change the battery and it goes away.

But you said u change the battery, I guess other's can advice you better.

So far my car Key battery is still ok for more then 4 years plus, how long is your car key battery?

To Saabretooth and thingy:

Normally what mileage does the clutch need to be change?

Clutch is a wear and tear part. It's like buying running shoe and use for walking. How long can it last?
How about if it's used by a marathon runner?

Not trying to be funny here.
But usually 50 to 75k is about there unless you're driving miss daisy
Drive shafts can refurbished but life span is shorter. Maybe 20 to 25k

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Flameblade
  • Flameblade
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Clutch is a wear and tear part. It's like buying running shoe and use for walking. How long can it last?
How about if it's used by a marathon runner?

Not trying to be funny here.
But usually 50 to 75k is about there unless you're driving miss daisy
Drive shafts can refurbished but life span is shorter. Maybe 20 to 25k

Wear and tear I understand.

My mileage is around 95K ... the workshop was telling me people change around 50 - 60,000 KM, got one extreme case is change at 30,000.

So I guess mine is reasonable, I was planning to do a major maintenance to change all the worn out parts one shot when I hit 100,000 KM.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wear and tear I understand.

My mileage is around 95K ... the workshop was telling me people change around 50 - 60,000 KM, got one extreme case is change at 30,000.

So I guess mine is reasonable, I was planning to do a major maintenance to change all the worn out parts one shot when I hit 100,000 KM.

You're just about right on time then :)

for me,  I have to change clutch every 50-60k, with great power comes great responsibility... ....

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Desmojon
  • Premium member
    Desmojon
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Had a scare today. Lane 2 at CTE tunnel. Gear 5 and cruising. D+S.

Car revved up and switched to N with gear stick still at right position.

Flicked left and right...no response.

Switched Sport mode off.. no response.

Put D off.. no response.

Switched back and forth about 5x.. no response.

Put hazard light and wanted to switch to the left lane but stupid big truck just die die want to travel parallel with me, preventing me from going over. By then speed was like 60kmh liao 

Tried frantically again..finally managed to get in gear.

What a good scare.

Mine today also had some sort of gearbox operation issue. Check gear box warning. Unable to reverse or shift up above 3rd gear in auto or manual. After I arrive destination I restart then goes back normal.
Viva AR!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Torquemeister
  • Torquemeister
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe car battery or key battery. Is this happening more and more or?

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

InnocenceS
  • InnocenceS
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

I'm looking for the rear muffler for the 159 2.2 JTS (Both sides). You guys have any lobang on where i can get a used one?

Thanks and regards

Mig

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Firestorm9
  • Premium member
    Firestorm9
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Mine today also had some sort of gearbox operation issue. Check gear box warning. Unable to reverse or shift up above 3rd gear in auto or manual. After I arrive destination I restart then goes back normal.

FYI:

I have the gear unable to shift abv 3 twice, but can reverse.

both times download point to brake switch.

only resetted the software and gd to go. didn't chg the brake switch.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Echo2623
  • Echo2623
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Bro I had this issue a month back.. Mine gear sensor kaput.. Hope urs nt this cos it's kinda ex to change
TZRR125 -> PGMF4 -> YZFR1 -> CS3 -> FD2R -> ZC31S -> AR Type 939 -> T75 -> ?

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Better go get it checked. I had the same message that went away after restart, so I thought nothing of it.

My Bella rewarded me with a trip up the tow truck about a month later.

I notice my gearbox is leaking oil again. Gonna get it fixed real soon.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Simplybay
  • Premium member
    Simplybay
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Maybe car battery or key battery. Is this happening more and more or?

its intermittent, just machiam PMS lei. Happy start without problem, bad mood, press 3-4 times then can start....argghhh

i changed to my spare key also the same...zzz

could it be sensor problem? our ride need either depress clutch or brake pedal in order to start, so could it be the sensor that unable to detect at time?

Use metal key got
Same
Problem?

huh? how to use metal key to start car? zzz. im lost

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Simplebay, after you sort out the bugs, I found something that might interest you.... :)

How does 290hp and 355Nm sound to you?

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Simplybay
  • Premium member
    Simplybay
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Simplebay, after you sort out the bugs, I found something that might interest you.... :)

How does 290hp and 355Nm sound to you?

how was the torque curve? can text me if not convenient to mention it. anyway any recommendation for coolant, doing a complete drain on my next servicing.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

how was the torque curve? can text me if not convenient to mention it. anyway any recommendation for coolant, doing a complete drain on my next servicing.

For your coolant, do a complete flush, change out your water pump and your piping as well.

use the normal coolant that you're supposed to use.

I like to use Millers coolant enhancer. does not leave precipitates or residues.

http://www.millersoi...ctor=Motorsport

Back to Alfa Romeo Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Alfa, Part, VIII, Alfa and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users