Alfa 159 Part VIII (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

Simplebay, after you sort out the bugs, I found something that might interest you.... :)

How does 290hp and 355Nm sound to you?

how was the torque curve? can text me if not convenient to mention it. anyway any recommendation for coolant, doing a complete drain on my next servicing.

↡ Advertisement

how was the torque curve? can text me if not convenient to mention it. anyway any recommendation for coolant, doing a complete drain on my next servicing.

For your coolant, do a complete flush, change out your water pump and your piping as well.

use the normal coolant that you're supposed to use.

I like to use Millers coolant enhancer. does not leave precipitates or residues.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=193&sector=Motorsport

Better go get it checked. I had the same message that went away after restart, so I thought nothing of it.

My Bella rewarded me with a trip up the tow truck about a month later.

I notice my gearbox is leaking oil again. Gonna get it fixed real soon.

Yes. Now at AS checking. This morning the system does not allow me to start the car even. Tried a few times then manage to fire her up. I quickly come AS. Weird thing is half way to AS the gearbox revert to normal. Maybe Bella is not happy I did so many non-Alfa days

For your coolant, do a complete flush, change out your water pump and your piping as well.

use the normal coolant that you're supposed to use.

I like to use Millers coolant enhancer. does not leave precipitates or residues.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=193&sector=Motorsport

pipping hard to find in aftermarket parts

Miller coolant enhancer need to mix 1 part to 50 parts of water ratio, how many bottle i need sia

Yes. Now at AS checking. This morning the system does not allow me to start the car even. Tried a few times then manage to fire her up. I quickly come AS. Weird thing is half way to AS the gearbox revert to normal. Maybe Bella is not happy I did so many non-Alfa days

Ok pls update what was the issue. Thx bro

Wear and tear I understand.

My mileage is around 95K ... the workshop was telling me people change around 50 - 60,000 KM, got one extreme case is change at 30,000.

So I guess mine is reasonable, I was planning to do a major maintenance to change all the worn out parts one shot when I hit 100,000 KM.

95km and you haven't change your clutch before? Not bad leh... My lemon friend changed clutch at 30k++.... ANother one change clutch at 70k++ ?

aiyah, this one need to send in to their workshop right?

depends on how much of it you want.

back box, cams and tune.

manifold is up to you, but that would release the most though.

Newbie here.

Just collected my 2010 159 Q2 and having problem to pair with the bluetooth.

Is there any special "method" to get it working?

Oso, tot of installing a USB cable if Bluetooth not working. Any recommendations?

Ok

Been sniffing in all the poison and wondering if there's anything I can do to improve my driving experience on the cheap

And got reminded of the 'brilliant start' by turning off ASR/VDC

Been reading up on turning it off

Seems like got different camps on it

Anyone here can put in layman term why we shld or shld not off it pls?

Thx

Ok

Been sniffing in all the poison and wondering if there's anything I can do to improve my driving experience on the cheap

And got reminded of the 'brilliant start' by turning off ASR/VDC

Been reading up on turning it off

Seems like got different camps on it

Anyone here can put in layman term why we shld or shld not off it pls?

Thx

Go for defensive driving lessons....etc you will improve your driving experience by gazillion miles.... Its a mod you can carry over to any car.

Edited by Saabretooth
↡ Advertisement