Tree along Tanglin Road falls, crushing a car

Darthrevan

tree1210e.jpg

A black Mazda, travelling along Tanglin Road from Margaret Drive, was crushed by a tree on Saturday afternoon.

Twitter user Kim Vernon, who sent The Straits Times a photo of the incident, said it was a "lucky escape" for a couple who were in the car. The police were also spotted at the scene assisting the couple by 12.35pm.
The Singapore Land Authority receives about 70 reports of trees falling a year, mainly on forested state land.
Over the past 10 years, four people have died and 62 injured by falling trees and branches. There were 122 cases of trees being uprooted from January to April this year.
↡ Advertisement

I hope the couple is alright without any serious injuries.

On the other hand, that Mazda bonnet look strong. Didn't appear "crushed"

I wonder insurance got cover...act of god

shld be covered. but certain insurance co allow claim without affecting ur NCD.

wah lao.. feel like 逃过一劫 when i abt this.

Was on the way back from my child funfair at Margaret Drive ard the same time as the accident happened.. We took the way out by queensway / commonwealth instead of the tanglin road direction.

Just wondering. If a tree falls on a car, there will not be compensation from NEA because it is act of God. So if accident where a car hit a tree and damage it, need to pay NEA?

God create termites, termites eat trees , trees fell during big storm........storm create by god....

make a guess can claim bo?? God bao tao bao bei.

Edited by ChickenMob

Just wondering. If a tree falls on a car, there will not be compensation from NEA because it is act of God. So if accident where a car hit a tree and damage it, need to pay NEA?

when the tress going to fall on you, you still have chance to siam, but if you die die must run into the tree, the poor tree have no choice but to let you hit him [:(][:(]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

God create termites, termites eat trees , trees fell during big storm........storm create by god....

make a guess can claim bo?? God bao tao bao bei.

yes, as such, i always get compensation from God [laugh] [laugh]

Mazda 3 uses Volvo s40 chasis, no doubt its quite strong.

It doesnt.

They were built on a shared design platform doesnt mean that they use same chassis.

It doesnt.

They were built on a shared design platform doesnt mean that they use same chassis.

Thanks for the clarification, i tot the 3" are are using volvos chasis and 6" using Modeo chasis.lols

↡ Advertisement