GS Yuasa Car Battery

Ken1898

Neutral Newbie

Your company is a dealer for "GS" batteries? You're Mr?

We are the authorised distributor for "GSYuasa" and "Yuasa" automotive battery in Singapore, our company is Battery Power International..

"GS" and "Yuasa" have different distributor in Singapore, we are the distributor for both "Yuasa" and "GSYuasa" brand in Singapore.

"GS" brand automotive battery is distributed by another company, which the battery was actually produced in Indonesia.

Whereas, "Yuasa" automotive we have multi sources including Japan, as for "GSYuasa" main source is only Japan, "GS" and "Yuasa" had merged since 7-8 years back in Japan, thus, products from Japan had been branded "GSYuasa". Our ECO series are under "GSYuasa" brand, we also carry "Yuasa" brand..

I am Winson Teo, you could contact me at 91895210

My 1 year old Korean batt is a little bloated at the side and slight leak at the top (which have corroded the metal holder and turned it flaky). What's happening to the battery?

Wah only 1 year the battery bloated n leaking? Maybe the clamp was too tight?

U need to change a new battery alrdy. I use Global MIK MF battery. Very good.

I buy from Eng Wah at Lor 8 Toa Payoh. Check with the boss, Vincent.

I was quoted $145 for Yuasa battery (60Ah) for my Aveo at one of the authorized seller. He did not mentioned that it is not suitable for my car. However, Mr GSYuasa recommended Midac battery here, so I'm a little bit confused :wacko:

Price is not bad for a Japan made battery but seems the shop did not hv the correct one for u so anyhow install just to close the deal.

I wan to know the price of the Midac battery for my Optra b4 deciding.

Neutral Newbie

Wah only 1 year the battery bloated n leaking? Maybe the clamp was too tight?

U need to change a new battery alrdy. I use Global MIK MF battery. Very good.

I buy from Eng Wah at Lor 8 Toa Payoh. Check with the boss, Vincent.

Price is not bad for a Japan made battery but seems the shop did not hv the correct one for u so anyhow install just to close the deal.

Sorry, as I was confirming the size of the battery with our supplier, you could use our Midac S2-62Ah dimension 242x175x190 price should be around S$140-150. However, currently there is no stock from all of our dealers the new stock will be available by end Nov.

I not yet change my battery, just KIV for my next change. Still considering Amaron (existing) / Global / Energeo / Midac / GSYuasa (if can really fit). [drivingcar]

I not yet change my battery, just KIV for my next change. Still considering Amaron (existing) / Global / Energeo / Midac / GSYuasa (if can really fit). [drivingcar]

Amaron last time I wanted to fit but the 60Ah plus size is too high for our Optra. Thats why I took the Global, which is also good.

Now with Yuasa(Midac) MIJ, I might consider but its a bit more ex but still worth a try.

Now GSYuasa has cfm the size n model n price for our Optra, I might try if ty hv stock when I need to change.

Sorry, as I was confirming the size of the battery with our supplier, you could use our Midac S2-62Ah dimension 242x175x190 price should be around S$140-150. However, currently there is no stock from all of our dealers the new stock will be available by end Nov.

OK thanks. I wil check fr stock when I need to change.

Although price is a bit higher, I dun mind if its of Japan made quality. But still I must try then know for sure.

Amaron last time I wanted to fit but the 60Ah plus size is too high for our Optra. Thats why I took the Global, which is also good.

Now with Yuasa(Midac) MIJ, I might consider but its a bit more ex but still worth a try.

Now GSYuasa has cfm the size n model n price for our Optra, I might try if ty hv stock when I need to change.

OK thanks. I wil check fr stock when I need to change.

Although price is a bit higher, I dun mind if its of Japan made quality. But still I must try then know for sure.

Amaron height is 205.

190 will fit your Optra.

Amaron height is 205.

190 will fit your Optra.

Ya Vincent of Eng Wah said the Amaron too high cannot fit so he recommend the Global. But I use Global also very good. Can last >2 yrs. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

GSYuasa,

May I know which European countries the Midac battery is made in? Or they source it out to some other countries to make as I can't seem to find more information on it?

Whereas for the GSYuasa battery , it was proudly stated that it is 100% Made in Japan.

Neutral Newbie

GSYuasa,

May I know which European countries the Midac battery is made in? Or they source it out to some other countries to make as I can't seem to find more information on it?

Whereas for the GSYuasa battery , it was proudly stated that it is 100% Made in Japan.

Midac is 100% fully made in Italy, you could refer to their web side, Midacbatteries.com for more details. Had been to their factory recently. All their production are fully robotic automation, so it is very precise on all production and QC.

Yes, our GSYuasa is fully 100% made in Japan..

• Praise 1

Hi GSYuasa, For your ECO-R 60D23L battery, what's the CCA and cannot find the info from yuasa website. Can u advice? 60D23L means it's 60ah battery? What's the price?

Edited by Chucky2007

Neutral Newbie

Hi GSYuasa, For your ECO-R 60D23L battery, what's the CCA and cannot find the info from yuasa website. Can u advice? 60D23L means it's 60ah battery? What's the price?

Hi, 60D23L is 60Ah, CCA:428A, please contact our dealers near to you for price.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=GS+Yuasa+Authorised+Dealer

You could read more info on GSYuasa web site..

Thanks...

Hi, what you getting in Malaysia is also ECO-R, except that they are supplying at a lower spec type.

For example, we supply 44B19L-40Ah-CCA400 in Singapore, in Malaysia they supply 40B19L-35Ah-CCA340, we supply 60B24-CCA495, Malaysia supply 50B24-CCA380 only.

I checked with a battery supplier in JB n he quoted me a 85am/h GS Yuasa MF battery. Comes in a green/white box.

Is this the correct type for my Optra?

I found the GSYuasa ECO battery in JB.

He quoted me an 85am/h batt for my Optra.

Neutral Newbie

I checked with a battery supplier in JB n he quoted me a 85am/h GS Yuasa MF battery. Comes in a green/white box.

Is this the correct type for my Optra?

I found the GSYuasa ECO battery in JB.

He quoted me an 85am/h batt for my Optra.

Hi, there is no 85Ah battery for ECO-R serious, they most likely trying to propose you the 80D23L, which is 65Ah, you should use DIN type, as ECO-R do not have bottom hold. Your car battery compartment was designed for bottom hold only, thus, you should use DIN size battery, you could use either the made in Italy

Midac Sigillum S3 (80Ah) or Midac Itineris IT3 (72Ah), if you prefer Japan brand, we have the Yuasa made in Indonesia DIN size DIN72. You could contact our local dealers for these battery.

Hi, there is no 85Ah battery for ECO-R serious, they most likely trying to propose you the 80D23L, which is 65Ah, you should use DIN type, as ECO-R do not have bottom hold. Your car battery compartment was designed for bottom hold only, thus, you should use DIN size battery, you could use either the made in Italy

Midac Sigillum S3 (80Ah) or Midac Itineris IT3 (72Ah), if you prefer Japan brand, we have the Yuasa made in Indonesia DIN size DIN72. You could contact our local dealers for these battery.

OK Thanks.

Now I am using a Global made in Korea battery but it also dun have "bottom hold".

Its the normal clamp which is tightened on top.

I was a bit skeptical when he told me it was 85Ah cos all along I used 60-65Ah only.

Best battery I've used is Amron. Last time was Yuasa. Worst battery is from Hankook.

I felt cheated. Can anyone accept a brand new car battery that spoilt in 6 months and 8 days. I got this battery Voltex from Hankook that their china sales lady said no complaint so far and it's selling well. Using my $55 voucher that I gotten from signing their membership, I replaced the battery as it is the last validity day of the voucher.

When the battery spoilt in 6 months and 8 days, I called Hankook and the reply from his boss is warranty over, TOO BAD. I swear I'll never go back to Hankook as long as I lives. Btw, my colleague replaced the Hankook battery and it died exactly a year without any symptom.

If anyone were to think that they got a good deal by signing up the membership when replacing Hankook tyres which gives u a $55 battery voucher, you are stepping into a trap.

I believe I'm not the only victim here also. Could others please come forward and tell us your bad experience with Hankook? Let's boycott such despicable supplier!

Anyone use this?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=193

I suppose is a good battery since come from Japan.

↡ Advertisement