When people honk at you, what is your first reaction?

Ahgong

During driving school, we were taught to use the horn to notify or warn others on the road of something, especially if it could advert an accident.

Recently, i noticed, when you honked at some one, for any reason, be it they are blocking the road, filtering dangerously into a lane or driving in such a way it may cause an accident, they get upset.

it could be a driver, cyclist or a pedestrain, the reaction is the same.

what the hell is happening?

If you are doing something wrong, be it delibrately or un-intentionally, a honk is usually the way to inform you.

why is there a need to be irritated or agitated?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

During driving school, we were taught to use the horn to notify or warn others on the road of something, especially if it could advert an accident.

Recently, i noticed, when you honked at some one, for any reason, be it they are blocking the road, filtering dangerously into a lane or driving in such a way it may cause an accident, they get upset.

If you are doing something wrong, be it delibrately or un-intentionally, a honk is usually the way to inform you.

Combination lor -

Partly "I never wrong"

Partly because people not use horn to "warn" but rather to show displeasure or bully

Supercharged

true.. very true..

for me, if i'm being honked..

i would E brake..

or even horn back..

something is very wrong with singapore lifestyle..

but when i go malaysia and drive.. people horn me, i just accept and quiet. [grin]

bipolar disorder?? [sweatdrop]

• Dislike 2

when people honk at me, my firsts reaction is 'chua tio' :o:o

yeah, that is usually my reaction too. then i will reflect to see if i doing the wrong thing or blocking the way or not.

then take corrective actions to do the right thing.

but this don't seem to be the apparent way people react to honks.

true.. very true..

i would E brake..

or even horn back..

but when i go malaysia and drive.. people horn me, i just accept and quiet. [grin]

possible.

question is, why will you ebrake and/or horn back?

what was going thru your mind when you responded the way you do?

true.. very true..

i would E brake..

or even horn back..

Why do you e-brake when people horn at you? Is it because you are going to bang them?

Supercharged

yeah, that is usually my reaction too. then i will reflect to see if i doing the wrong thing or blocking the way or not.

then take corrective actions to do the right thing.

but this don't seem to be the apparent way people react to honks.

possible.

question is, why will you ebrake and/or horn back?

what was going thru your mind when you responded the way you do?

'chua tio'

check surrounding, what went wrong..

safety first mah

Depends the honking purposes, there was few incident the lanes suppose to go straight and turn left.

At the traffic light, the turn arrow will come first before the full green traffic light.

So I wanted to go straight and shall wait for the full green traffic light to light. This junction on the right lane given is only to turn right no straight ahead.

This guy's honked me, so I lower my window and flick my hand "what you want and asked him to see the road indication" no middle finger of course

If I was day dreaming, someone honked me I will lower my window and show mine hand wide open to said "sorry"

first reaction?

HORN SMLJ!!! [furious]

Then see whats wrong.. if at fault [wave]

If because he's an a-----e.. [whip]

Edited by Baphomet
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

That's why in Australia, people don't horn one.

I saw one driver stopped in the middle of the road, the car behind just stop and waited for ohhhhhhh my gawd.......................................................................................................................................... abt 15 minutes without horning and flashing headlight. [shocked]

• Dislike 1

1st thing i do is check what's up with my driving currently..if there is nothing wrong i'll just ignore..i can say 95% of the time its the drivers who's impatient behind and use honking as a 'weapon' to ask other drivers to buzz off

• Praise 1

Yup, agree with you in sgp's context

Maybe it's time car makers put two buttons - 1st one for normal horn tune and we only use it sparingly, in case of emergencies ONLY, 2nd one for nice tune eg musical or a sweet female voice 'hello', for alerting other drivers when we have to, this one set as default button

Extra optional 3rd button --- a big n loud fark sound - to tell him/her off!!!! Loud n clear

Edited by Maseratigood

1st thing i do is check what's up with my driving currently..if there is nothing wrong i'll just ignore..i can say 95% of the time its the drivers who's impatient behind and use honking as a 'weapon' to ask other drivers to buzz off

In India, Italy, etc pressing the horn button almost non-stop while driving in a'll traffic conditions is as natural as breathing

There other countries, very few in fact, we hardly hear drivers using their horn.

That's why in Australia, people don't horn one.

I saw one driver stopped in the middle of the road, the car behind just stop and waited for ohhhhhhh my gawd.......................................................................................................................................... abt 15 minutes without horning and flashing headlight. [shocked]

True! Everything goes slower there

↡ Advertisement