S'porean dies in motorcycle crash in Pahang, Malaysia.

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

http://youtu.be/HynTQ-KOp64

Route from Sungai Koyan is east of Cameron Highlands. One of 4 routes into CH. Man was 61 year-old. I'm 30plus already find driving up CH tiring, can't imagine in a bike at that age. Very unfortunate. Condolences to the family.

↡ Advertisement

Rest in peace Mr Ooi.

He is a good man & a veteran rider. He is fitter and stronger than many younger people and was well respected by his peer, superior and those that work together with him.

Rest in peace Mr Ooi.

He is a good man & a veteran rider. He is fitter and stronger than many younger people and was well respected by his peer, superior and those that work together with him.

RIP

Any idea where he worked?

I have used the high speed, winding new highway between Ringlet n Sungai Koyan ie C156 last year. The valleys next to the highway are steep and lots of users go really fast on the wide road, but going off can still happen.

Such long distance touring sure need powerful bikes...don't tell me use Honda Cub 70.??

Walking becomes very interesting after that. Those who have ridden on class 2B bikes in driving centres will know. [laugh]

Even for 400cc, it's just nice for Singapore use only.

Long distance, you need 600cc and above. The old Honda Nighthawk 750cc would be perfect.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

I have used the high speed, winding new highway between Ringlet n Sungai Koyan ie C156 last year. The valleys next to the highway are steep and lots of users go really fast on the wide road, but going off can still happen.

Do you mean C156 is dangerous?

Cos I plan to use this road on my next road trip to CH, from Fraser Hill...

Supercharged

Trust me, you will feel less tired on a bike than on a car.

Been riding up on my Harley and driving up too....can compare on that

Really? I still thought the other way round..

But that stretch of road was not easy.. the turn was big and if you don't hold your vehicle Well, the cg force probably push you to the other end...

Hence handling is really important especially if you going high speed

Rest in peace Mr Ooi.

I wonder is this Mr.Ooi related to the racebike rider also Ooi. Is it Jerry Ooi? who was killed during a race many yrs back?

I think several members of Jerry family r bike enthusiasts n racers.

Do you mean C156 is dangerous?

Cos I plan to use this road on my next road trip to CH, from Fraser Hill...

Not dangerous between Ringlet and S Koyan as long as you dont go overboard and drive like a Daytona champ!!! I was there last year --- most parts are 2 lanes each direction, not ccrowded, some nice sweeping bends with elevation changes which give you mild rollercoaster rides.

Some parts give your clear views of 200 to 300 meters ahead between turns where, if your balls feel good enough, just floor the pedal until you know you have to back off for the sweeping turn fast approaching you.

We did Ringlet-Koyan-Ringlet just for the above experience.

Please tell us if you feel the same after you come back.

I wonder is this Mr.Ooi related to the racebike rider also Ooi. Is it Jerry Ooi? who was killed during a race many yrs back?

..The other family is Looi...Looi beng ho, Jerry and Fabian..

Supercharged

Not dangerous between Ringlet and S Koyan as long as you dont go overboard and drive like a Daytona champ!!! I was there last year --- most parts are 2 lanes each direction, not ccrowded, some nice sweeping bends with elevation changes which give you mild rollercoaster rides.

Some parts give your clear views of 200 to 300 meters ahead between turns where, if your balls feel good enough, just floor the pedal until you know you have to back off for the sweeping turn fast approaching you.

We did Ringlet-Koyan-Ringlet just for the above experience.

Please tell us if you feel the same after you come back.

So you actually stay in CH, and then purposely drove to C156 till S Koyan, then U-turn back?

What's there in S Koyan anyway?

This road got good scenery?

So you actually stay in CH, and then purposely drove to C156 till S Koyan, then U-turn back?

What's there in S Koyan anyway?

This road got good scenery?

A group of us drive to CH for a holiday (we went to Penang first). But one of the key itenaries is to drive for the fun of driving. So usually we detour or make such drive on roads which we find interesting for driving. If the scenary is good, its an extra bonus. In short, the convoy just shoots like a fast train from A to B (distance can be up to 50km), U-turn, repeat the same again. Not many people are crazy enough to do this i think.

Btw, what scenry you mean? Walking one or just hills and rivers? :-)

Edited by Maseratigood

I am not sure if they are related. But he is a good man.

↡ Advertisement