• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4329 replies to this topic | 7,521 praises

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Kenneve888, Aaronlkl and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Brobear
  • Premium member
    Brobear
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks nice but BM will always bring in the basic maodel to Singapore.

Aaronlkl and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

SGdriversCOV
  • SGdriversCOV
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Looks good and the rear looks like the current Camry.

However with our high COE I don't think the sales will be good.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Taiwan get their import(this model) direct from Japan?

Aaronlkl and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis was launched in Taiwan this month, making it the first Asian country to receive the new model. Seen here is the Euro-spec Corolla destined for Asian countries. Toyota of Taiwan seem to be rather quick in updating the Corolla, but the news does not surprise us given that the Corolla figures in the Top 5 best selling cars there.

Taiwan gets the Corolla in five trim levels namely Elegance, Classic, Deluxe, Monarch and a sporty ‘Z’ variant. All variants are powered by the same four-cylinder DOHC, 1.8-liter VVT-i engine. This engine is good for 140 PS and 176 Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT gearbox. Though its a CVT unit, you can use the tiptronic gearlever to select from 7 speeds.

The Z model gets visual and feature additions in the form of a titanium black trim for the center console, steering-mounted shift paddles, a rear spoiler with an LED brake light and fully body skirts.

The Corolla Altis has been certified at 19.4km/l under the Taiwanese test conditions. Prices start at 646,000 Wan (INR 13.55 lakhs) and extend up to 769,000 Wan (INR 16.16 lakhs) for the sporty Z model.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Damon-_-
  • Premium member
    Damon-_-
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It will be interesting to see if this model turn BM fortunes around since it was toppled by Mercedes & BMW. Furthermore by the reclassified of the Engine cappacity of Conti vehicles it might as well be the time for altis to shine again....

I must say corolla altis might be the MOST reliable car in its class. Any one disagree?

Nlatio and 4 Anonymous members praised this
"There's nothing to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow is not today"

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It will be interesting to see if this model turn BM fortunes around since it was toppled by Mercedes & BMW. Furthermore by the reclassified of the Engine cappacity of Conti vehicles it might as well be the time for altis to shine again....

I must say corolla altis might be the MOST reliable car in its class. Any one disagree?

The Auris (Corolla w/o backside) is already in for months, but so far only see one unit on the road. By Feb 2014, it can say bye bye to Singapore market liao. 1 hp more! Hahahaha

Edited by Kangadrool, 21 October 2013 - 11:43 AM.

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Paddie
  • Paddie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I don't think the Altis is the most reliable in its class. My vote goes to the MItsubishi Lancer.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Damon-_-
  • Premium member
    Damon-_-
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I don't think the Altis is the most reliable in its class. My vote goes to the MItsubishi Lancer.

My idea of best in its class is made on several assumption, all IMO :)

1st criterion: Resale value, which altis is known to command up to 9k-10k depreciation another Japanese car would be civic however comparing the purchase price of altis and civic of course the latter is more expensive than altis.

2nd criterion: maintenance cost and parts replacement.

3rd criterion: still the bread and butter for many working class

"There's nothing to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow is not today"

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

No rear aircon.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Definitely not the model that burn and jam up the whole PIE recently.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Front copy honda city..back korean design

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Jiex
  • Premium member
    Jiex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Looking so much better than the current version.

I'm impressed with toyota this time on the interior.

Never like the interior of the older models but at least this one is pleasing to look at (not the nicest thou)

With this coming in 2014 where many drivers are starting to look for replacement for their 2004-2005 cars, maybe we will see more of this car on the road.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think it will look good if launched in 2008.

Look at the current kias and Hyundai's. I'm sure they look much better than this version
Tohto and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think it will look good if launched in 2008.

Look at the current kias and Hyundai's. I'm sure they look much better than this version

There is still a group of Toyota supporters still thinking the Korean car cannot make it.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Black leather seats!!! Is that too much to ask, BM??!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Michaelphua
  • Michaelphua
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Beautiful n updated design. Well done!
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Taiwan get their import(this model) direct from Japan?

We better pray we don't get the jdm corolla. The new jdm corolla is kns!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Kinda like their new interior design... But wonder if there's problems with new Toyota's reliability nowadays because of the bunch of recalls.

Edited by Holdenutessv, 22 October 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

http://www.sgcarmart...ugly to the max

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Corolla Altis

Toyota Corolla Altis  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Brightstar2211  |  Neutral Newbie

Best car I ever owned!

The best car I have driven so far and is a Toyota Corolla Altis Elegance. It is quite a good car compared to other type of cars. The engine is also quite powerful and the engine noise is not that loud. Gear shifts are smooth and can hardly no... » Read More

Toyota Corolla Altis

Toyota Corolla Altis  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jermel  |  Neutral Newbie

Nothing Fancy, but the basics are strong

Recently collected my S3 elegance. I like the looks of the car as it has a simple yet sharp look. Something like a timeless piece of fashion. It won't win you the look of the year award, but you won't get sick of it as well. Interior wi... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota Corolla Altis

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, altis and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)