All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

It is normal. Drive slowly for the first 1K for the piston and all moving parts to mesh well. Also, after start up don not rev the engine and let it warm up a few minutes.

Agreed it is normal during the 1K, only thing does not rev the engine exceed 100Kph even driving in highway, maintain 70 to 90 at most.  My FC after 1K service until today at 3170km was 14.9km/L.  As for warming up the engine, in today's technologies, most cars don't need to warm up but don't rev the engine in the morning, keep the engine running constantly for about 2 mins when it starts moving.  I also don’t  turn on the air-con until after the first 2 mins driving off. I did this for my old Toyota car for the past 10 yrs and have no problem with the engine whatsoever.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I just got my altis 2015 model for at a month. My FC on screen shows only 9.6 to 9.8km/l. My travel every morning is always through heavy traffic. Haven't done my 1k servicing yet. Bros, pls advise.

Initial FC will be higher. And it will improve overtime.

Not forgettin,, heavy traffic, constant brake application affects FC.

Supercharged

Just wondering if it's normal to have high fuel consumption in heavy traffic or before 1st servicing?

Normal to have high fuel usage in heavy traffic.

Usually after 10k (if properly engine break-in), engine will enter peak performance, FC should improve.

Also if you heavy footed, can use 20% more than very careful drivers.

Don't worry about it.

• Praise 2

Hi guys, I just got my altis 2015 model for at a month. My FC on screen shows only 9.6 to 9.8km/l. My travel every morning is always through heavy traffic. Haven't done my 1k servicing yet. Bros, pls advise.

Welcome to Altis family :)

Top-up petrol, reset the FC and monitor from there.  Also check tyre pressure. 

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bros for your advices! Will look forward to better mileage after the 1st servicing!

#Ktglfc thanks for the welcome!!

Any bros here have claim the complementary quick wax and grooming? Which service centre should I go?

I claimed quick wax and it's just a normal wax and I can do better then them.

Grooming yet to do as I may forgo it since I know how to take care of my car. Leave the car at workshop is a waste of time.

Any bros here have claim the complementary quick wax and grooming? Which service centre should I go?

Since it was free, I just went to use it while on servicing... I went to Sin Ming to do it .. and then went to Bishan with wifey to eat, shop and watch movie ... until they called me to collect car :)

Which service centre workmanship is good in terms of quick wax and grooming.

Which service centre workmanship is good in terms of quick wax and grooming.

Can try pandan bodycare?

Didn't really go for their car wash and wax. Did outside with supremo.

BM has a close door event at Leng Kee showroom by invitation. Anyone attended? Any promos to share?

Think got some bros attended. Price wise is quite competitive I heard

BM has a close door event at Leng Kee showroom by invitation. Anyone attended? Any promos to share?   

Yup, went there today. Quite crowded with a lot of people signing on the spot. Ambience is nice with free Japanese buffet style and free flow sake. Got photo taking booth (with models wearing kimono) and balloon toy booth. 

Promotion wise nothing much to shout about. Free servicing for 3 years or 100k mileage, solar film, leather seat, 2.18% interest rate, Toyota shine, front thinkware camera, upgrade from standard to elegance etc.

Overall, nice experience and this event definitely attracted a lot of potential customers.

Neutral Newbie

Went to enquired abt scratches and dents at pandan yesterday. The queue stretched to November and the repair duration, even for minor paint chipped is 5 working days.... Gave up.

(edited)

Went to enquired abt scratches and dents at pandan yesterday. The queue stretched to November and the repair duration, even for minor paint chipped is 5 working days.... Gave up.

Apparently our current altis paintwork is quite bad. Scratched easily. Hence the long queue

We have formed a whatsapp group for altis owners where we can share tips/ information with one another. pm or post your contact here if you're keen to join the group.

Can message your contact to any of the user - Drion / Sglanevo / whiz18

Edited by Drion