All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

Yes, I saw the new Altis during my holiday in TW last dec. Sure, it looks like baby camry.

Stupid COE system, we can't even afford a decent sedan, which is considered an average car in countries like Malaysia, Thailand & Taiwan.

Paying more than 10k (in depreciation) plus other maintenance fees (petrol, road tax & insurance) easily add up to 12~15k a year.

Sad case :(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Listen to Christopher Tan's ST Saturday advice... if you're buying a small car, wait till at least the middle of this year.

If everyone can hold out, I'm sure not just the COE premiums, but also the profit margins, will go down. Even Borneo won't be immune to this, they're not what they used to be. But I'm very pessimistic about Singaporeans' ability to do this. The moment some wind blow grass move and cat A falls by $3,000, everyone just whack.

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 2

Listen to Christopher Tan's ST Saturday advice... if you're buying a small car, wait till at least the middle of this year.

If everyone can hold out, I'm sure not just the COE premiums, but also the profit margins, will go down. Even Borneo won't be immune to this, they're not what they used to be. But I'm very pessimistic about Singaporeans' ability to do this. The moment some wind blow grass move and cat A falls by $3,000, everyone just whack.

A lot of SF_ plate all dying liao to buy/renew liao.

Buying second hand is such a huge risk.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

people in SG are richer than you know. Know a lot of cash rich retired people, die die still want to drive and can afford a new car with no issue.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

People are bending backwards just to own a B&B car. How did we end up in this sorry state? Sometimes you think about it, it's so sad, you know?

• Praise 2

people in SG are richer than you know. Know a lot of cash rich retired people, die die still want to drive and can afford a new car with no issue.

Some are the baby boomers who made their pot of gold up to the late 80s.

Elites which are quite in abundance, esp imported elites.

Its the CAT A drivers from the old day's CAT system of A, B , C that have been pulled in to the merged CAT AB who are struggling.

1 A lot of SF_ plate all dying liao to buy/renew liao.

2 Buying second hand is such a huge risk.

1 Mine is SG, coming up after SF.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

2 Yes, because many 2nd hand car dealers don't have a reputation for honesty and try to hide defects etc when they sell used cars therefore making buying used cars a big risk!!

Using AA or other bodies' pre-purchase assessments can help reduce the risks. If only the authorities mandate it that all used cars sold by dealers / private sellers must be certified by AA etc, then the malpractice of cheating on the part of the used car dealers / pte sellers can be controlled.

This may sound extreme, but given the prices buyers pay for used cars (including the price of remaining COE), it is not extreme but practical otherwise the buyers stand to lose lots of money.

Nowadays, more and more inactive, old MCF members surfacing from beneath.

LOL...

I think maybe life beneath is harder than life above, therefore bo bian must surface to breath... and look see! [grin]

Edited by Super7

1 Mine is SG, coming up after SF.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

2 Yes, because many 2nd hand car dealers don't have a reputation for honesty and try to hide defects etc when they sell used cars therefore making buying used cars a big risk!!

Using AA or other bodies' pre-purchase assessments can help reduce the risks. If only the authorities mandate it that all used cars sold by dealers / private sellers must be certified by AA etc, then the malpractice of cheating on the part of the used car dealers / pte sellers can be controlled.

This may sound extreme, but given the prices buyers pay for used cars (including the price of remaining COE), it is not extreme but practical otherwise the buyers stand to lose lots of money.

LOL...

I think maybe life beneath is harder than life above, therefore bo bian must surface to breath... and look see! [grin]

I also early SG_ haha. [sweatdrop]

Prob is those certs....heard they only certify road worthiness which is sooooo vague. And theres nothing to stop the dealers to cook stories to buy time to "fix" the car b4 handover. Damn hard.... [shakehead]

I also early SG_ haha. [sweatdrop]

Prob is those certs....heard they only certify road worthiness which is sooooo vague. And theres nothing to stop the dealers to cook stories to buy time to "fix" the car b4 handover. Damn hard.... [shakehead]

Yes, so-called roadworthiness cert don't guarantee there will be no costly repairs needed. A more detailed assessment will be more helpful and it shouldmr2 cost much more to do given that it could reveal the expensive repair bills of thousands of dollars. Edited by Super7

Wow! 10 years only 3 posts!

wow ... 3 appearence in 10 years.

hmmm, slighly better than some aspiring politicians - they appear once in 5 years.

• Praise 2

Lol, if everyone also wait until middle of this year, then by then COE confirmed will increased then dropped, cause there is a surge increase of demand going in to buy car.

• Praise 1

wow ... 3 appearence in 10 years.

hmmm, slighly better than some aspiring politicians - they appear once in 5 years.

These politicians firmly believe in quality rules over quantity mah! They have been preserving their brains in the freezer to keep them fresh. LOL.,

↡ Advertisement