Do I need to change tire ?

Bluepica

1) TS has to go for training first otherwise he drift off track...[laugh]

2) TS has to go for training first otherwise he drift off track...[laugh]

1) With botak tires, he wil drift all the way to the nearest hospital. Hahahaha.

2) With botak tires, he wil drift all the way to the nearest hospital. Hahahaha.

[:p][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I will say if budget is a problem, at least get the front 2 tyres changed first. Or alternatively, there are budget brands like Nexen Kumho and Neuton which should be easier on the pockets. Rainy season here already. Based on your wear of yr tyres, it is really dangerous to continue driving especially in the rain. Change to budget tyres is at least better to continue on worn tyres. Otherwise, you will be a road hazard driving on the road. U may end on spending more on repairs and hospital bills if your current tyres give way on the road.

My nitrogen I pump in JB at my regular ws. Only need to top-up every few months. Damm shiok. Last time I must squeeze with other cars, bikes n trucks to pump at petrol station in the hot sun or rain every week. Sometimes the pump spoil. [furious]

Now I just go ws n ty do everything for me. I just need to pay one time abt RM5 each tire only. [grin]

From my understanding, the whole idea of pumping nitrogen is because nitrogen contracts and expands a lot less than oxygen which is the other 20% of the normal air that we breathe. Track cars likes to use nitrogen as it gives a more consistent tyre pressure and thus more consistent performance.

I dun think normal tyre valves can stop a 100% nitrogen filled tyre from leaking under normal circumstances

From my understanding, the whole idea of pumping nitrogen is because nitrogen contracts and expands a lot less than oxygen which is the other 20% of the normal air that we breathe. Track cars likes to use nitrogen as it gives a more consistent tyre pressure and thus more consistent performance.

I dun think normal tyre valves can stop a 100% nitrogen filled tyre from leaking under normal circumstances

Yes Nitrogen is more stable n wil keep a steady KPI troughout a wider tire temp. Thats why ty r also good for long Road Trips up north cos the tires stay in the correct pressure for consistent roadholding n grip.

The first few pumps of Nitrogen wil hv more pressure drop cos that is the air leaking out. After a few pumps, its mostly 100% Nitrogen inside n wil hold the pressure much longer.

I can go a few months b4 I pump n the drop is only <5Kpa. Last time with just air, the pressure wil drop abt 5 Kpa every week.

.. I would have change few months back....life is most important

Hi,

W.R.T the photo attached, is the track still ok? Thought the side a bit botak already. Been rolling for slightly more than 40k already. It's GR-90

2DB4D604-AAB0-41F7-B945-FA7B5A73BC10-225

7E12F38B-4C83-40C1-BE83-99B6F3A32E2F-225

D2C9702B-3A80-42E3-8EC2-9F1A6A181258-225

most cars on the road are running on AIR , which has no problem at all just need to check and inflate regularly like (2 weeks).

filling wit nitrogen gas is scientifically proven help maintained the pressure longer and cooler. (my personal liking)

but that does not meant you NO need to monitor your tyres pressure, by regular pressure checking which can alert you of any punctured or valves failure etc)

cooler temp is only useful to those long range driving.

is up to individual to believe those theory.

just like I always believe in running Premium product , Safety above everything

hi guys,

since there's a thread on 'do i need to change tire?'

gonna hijack and ask, is it time to change mine?

Went to rotate my tires and tyre shop boss said i've to change mine, approx in abt 10k km..

post-6584-0-06230000-1383286434_thumb.jpg

post-6584-0-54660000-1383286440_thumb.jpg

post-6584-0-68511900-1383286451_thumb.jpg

post-6584-0-94421000-1383286457_thumb.jpg

About time. You thread is almost reaching the threadwear indicator.

thanks man! changed out the re002 ytdy!

Edited by Popok

good or not?

re002 was good! I felt it was an improvement over re001, the only thing is not made in japan.

Now im on ad08r, so far so good, not sure if they've run in. only on 3rd day.

Hi,

W.R.T the photo attached, is the track still ok? Thought the side a bit botak already. Been rolling for slightly more than 40k already. It's GR-90

2DB4D604-AAB0-41F7-B945-FA7B5A73BC10-225

7E12F38B-4C83-40C1-BE83-99B6F3A32E2F-225

D2C9702B-3A80-42E3-8EC2-9F1A6A181258-225

Change. if you value your life as well as your loved ones.

These are the only contact between you and the road while driving.

Hi,

For your own safety, change asap.

I had tyres like that and it loose traction one day on a wet day.

It's not a good experience, but fortunately, the grip came back in time before I hit a barrier.

Bloody hell, TS tyres so bald still use!?!?

you just stay freaking far far away from me (and other innocent drivers)

40,000km still dont want to change?!?!?!

%>}**~*~*^£¥&$

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Oh my goodness, you really need to change that.. Even my car tires which I used for 40k and still have 30% tire threads left, I still changed it as it is really much safer for my family when riding with me.. I even had my tire spin once during one raining day and changed it the following week..

Btw, for tire pressure, it's not every 10k then check once.. I check and pump my tires every alternate fuel run (or once every 2 fuel run). Tire pressure will surely go down and you won't be able to see it even if you are using hydrogen gas.

I will say if budget is a problem, at least get the front 2 tyres changed first. Or alternatively, there are budget brands like Nexen Kumho and Neuton which should be easier on the pockets. Rainy season here already. Based on your wear of yr tyres, it is really dangerous to continue driving especially in the rain. Change to budget tyres is at least better to continue on worn tyres. Otherwise, you will be a road hazard driving on the road. U may end on spending more on repairs and hospital bills if your current tyres give way on the road.

Putting on the new pair tyres at the front instead of the back is NOT RECOMMENDED. The new ones should go to the back.

Your rear loses grip, you get oversteer and this is much more dangerous and harder to correct than any understeer caused by lack of grip from the front two.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3