Do I need to change tire ?

Bluepica

Neutral Newbie

Yes, changing a tire for every 2, 4 years is good, because it is important for the safety of your vehicle as well as you too.

↡ Advertisement

Hasnt worn down to the wear indicator blocks so technically can still drive on.  Just that on rainy days be a bit slower as you might experience some squaplanning when there is PONDING.

Turbocharged

Hasnt worn down to the wear indicator blocks so technically can still drive on.  Just that on rainy days be a bit slower as you might experience some squaplanning when there is PONDING.

Correct. There is an indicator block within the gaps (thread) of tyres. Once that touches the road, it's time to change. The picture shown threadwear still within limits. 

Pls show a clearer picture with the indicator like below.

Wear_Indicator.jpg

Edited by Zxcvb
  • Praise 1

Correct. There is an indicator block within the gaps (thread) of tyres. Once that touches the road, it's time to change. The picture shown threadwear still within limits. 

Wear_Indicator.jpg

I think the indicators are towards the bottom of the tyre... not very clear but to me it looks like it's only a few mm above the indicator mark, not long left for his tyres.

How much money can a person save by squeezing 

another 5k? Nowadays every day wet and coming

to monsoon season so wet weather for the next 6 month.

If it was me I would change. Any minor accident and lose

NCB would negate any savings from delaying.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 6

Hi bros, can anyone advise if I need to change tyre? Thanks.

That's a CSC5? Looks like not down to wear indicator yet so still can drive.but safer to start look around around for replacement in the next 2 months or so Edited by Chucky2007

How much money can a person save by squeezing

another 5k? Nowadays every day wet and coming

to monsoon season so wet weather for the next 6 month.

If it was me I would change. Any minor accident and lose

NCB would negate any savings from delaying.

:D

Totally agree

• Praise 8

Really depends how long left to drive, if still got a long time then no point waiting. If left say 6 months I would wing it and be careful. Personal choice :mellow:

Wear_Indicator.jpgte

technically the indicator shown can still last a little

but physically the RHS already botak , you tire is 1/5 gone , will suggest you replace it

for some brothers here mentioned how long more your car left before due for scraped , this is another scenario base on the Life of your car not tires 

anyone need to kill(confirmed) your car in next 2 years best is consider replace all them now .

don't save dollars on your tires (only contact btw you and road)

• Praise 1

the wear on the tyre may not be even on the inside/outside if there is camber(ie tyre slanted)

in some situation the more botak side may expose internal threads/steel wiring, in which case pls change immediately as there is risk of tyre bursting.

Driving with almost flat tyres increase the risk of your rims being damaged and also wheel being misaligned (if one side wears off more than the other). Better to go and get a wheel alignment check if you wish to keep using old tyres (alignment service is cheaper than changing new tyres) 

↡ Advertisement