50 things to eat in Singapore before you die

missmarigold

Looks like a snobby expat "foody" with pretensions list to me...

Lots of things missing from the list...

How can miss out crocodile paw stew, turtle soup, chilli crab, fish-head curry...

Where is the "In Singapore" without such dishes? That list may as well be anywhere....

huh??? u mean for the well to do ppl ?? I cant find a single dish in the list that's remotely singaporean...

where's chicken rice, laksa, chili crab, char kway tiao, hokkien mee, rojak, etc etc...

Turbocharged

How can miss out crocodile paw stew, turtle soup, chilli crab, fish-head curry...

Where is the "In Singapore" without such dishes? That list may as well be anywhere....

I didn't even know got crocodile paw stew in singapore, lol.

huh??? u mean for the well to do ppl ?? I cant find a single dish in the list that's remotely singaporean...

where's chicken rice, laksa, chili crab, char kway tiao, hokkien mee, rojak, etc etc...

Yep - I don't think I've eaten anything to their list - and don't feel any particular desire to..

I mean - NZ organic eggs? really? All the way here in Singapore?

Seems to me the sort of list for people that are more interested in talking about food than eating it.

Although to be fair to the OP - I am sure many of the dishes are very delicious ......

I didn't even know got crocodile paw stew in singapore, lol.

GOT!!! One place can get is Jalan Besar Hawker Centre - but there are also a few standalone restuarants that still offer -

there's another one in Kallang somewhere...

So do we cycle to the restaurants ?

that would be a fun event - a cycle tour of Singapore's best hawker centre fare...perhaps can do it in TriShaws

Edited by Darryn

from my place cycle to all the places I think I puke liow before I have my meal, and after I reach home I puke out my meal again.......

That's why trishaw mah - let the uncle do the work -

or for those of us that like to cycle - can work up appetite

post-137676-0-12283400-1383040367_thumb.png

is this the crocodile paw stew that you're referring? I think this is too awful :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

very adventurous of u..personally 3 of the dishes I will definitely recommend to foreigners are crocodile soup..turtle soup and chinese mutton herbal soup..reason being these 3 are not commonly found..those foods like chicken rice and prata are pedestrian and dime a dozen everywhere and nothing unique