Audi is the least reliable car?

Jhyy701

Supersonic

Ever read in mechanic mag that mechs refer to the MultiTronic CVT ......nicked name it......Multi Chronic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Audi is for badge whore and 'false' status symbol.

I have both audi cabrio A4 and honda Jazz. And I can tell you my audi had oil leakage and repeated return to workshop for issue with the soft top closure mechanism....... Zero problem with honda.

So japs car if you want a reliable machine to bring you A to B

So in order to own a car like Audi you got to own a second car that's reliable on standby.

Got it.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

So it's true audi has a lot of issues? I thought it's just the parallel imported ones that have most issues. I take it take u discourage the buy in the Audi then? I heard about the computer board that is super expensive to change and once that spoils the whole car warning lights turn on and repair is 8-9k...my pocket not deep bro..just saw the deal on sgcarmart and felt it's quite worth it for conti

not only audi, BMW/Merc/VW also, if want to reapir something, check your pocket whether deeep enough,

this why after warranty, sold their cars immediately

Neutral Newbie

Our Toyota mark x has been w is 6+ years almost 0 issues...that's why thinking of changing to another one before it hits 7. Jap car still most reliable...let me think. Thanks guys for the input.

not only audi, BMW/Merc/VW also, if want to reapir something, check your pocket whether deeep enough,

this why after warranty, sold their cars immediately

I owned a mercedes for more than 6 years and never had issues. Do we have statistics to prove this brand has a lot of issues before we make a statement like this? Should check the reliability report of mercedes and it is up there

• Praise 1

I owned a mercedes for more than 6 years and never had issues. Do we have statistics to prove this brand has a lot of issues before we make a statement like this? Should check the reliability report of mercedes and it is up there

yes, it's statistics result only, cannot use individual case against statistics result, in gereral it's higher problem rate and higher repair cost than Japanese cars

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2377617/Most-reliable-cars-2013-Honda-tops-league-Bentley-comes-last.html

Neutral Newbie

the audi management car deals are really kinda too good to be true....they dont seem to want to give much discount too. hard to close a deal.

• Praise 1

I owned all three brands and BMW is the most expensive

How do you know?

I just paid about $70 for my last 3 servicing for my beemer at PML. If that is expensive to you, I don't know your definition of cheap.

• Praise 1

I just paid about $70 for my last 3 servicing for my beemer at PML. If that is expensive to you, I don't know your definition of cheap.

believe $70 only is the labour charge,

did you bring your own engine oil, filter and other parts?

believe $70 only is the labour charge,

did you bring your own engine oil, filter and other parts?

Thats right. I just brought in my engine oil which is about another $75 bucks for 5 liter. Altogether less than $150 in total for basic servicing.

Includes washing, touch-ups if any etc.

• Praise 1

Our Toyota mark x has been w is 6+ years almost 0 issues...that's why thinking of changing to another one before it hits 7. Jap car still most reliable...let me think. Thanks guys for the input.

You had 6+ years almost 0 issues and now you would like a change?

Then welcome to try this brand.

:D

• Praise 6

I like mark x a lot... If not for my damn heavy right foot, I will buy from you and extent the coe when reach 10yrs.....

interesting

u dont have any tear and wear to replace? what happen if the mechanic say need brake pad change? u go outside buy and come back again?

Thats right. I just brought in my engine oil which is about another $75 bucks for 5 liter. Altogether less than $150 in total for basic servicing.

Includes washing, touch-ups if any etc.

Then you should say Labour only.

Presume oil filter cost 25, so Labour for oil change is 50.

Cheap ? Cheap lor...,

interesting

u dont have any tear and wear to replace? what happen if the mechanic say need brake pad change? u go outside buy and come back again?

Bro, please read the thread first before asking. Waste time....

Talking about basic servicing. When u 1st get your car brand new and still under warranty. We are comparing apple to apple.

My brake pads and still good for another year. (According to the system)

And before you bring in, you would know roughly what needs to be done. So I will buy in advance those things that u can save. There are guys who buy brake pads ,filter and oil in bulks. Then bring in their own when sent in for servicing.

And if u don't mind paying premium for the same stuff from agent, go ahead.

This is a very misleading statement.

It is like saying I only paid 100k for a 7 series. Well, actually I also traded in another car, and I excluded the price of coe when I said 100k.

PML engine oil is 30+ per lit. So for your 4 cylinder, normal servicing is 200+. For 6 cylinder, it is 300+.

In addition, you should also mention that oil change is always cheap no matter where you go. The thing that makes servicing at AD expensive is the replacement of OTHER CONSUMABLES while you are there for engine oil.

E.g. a air con air filter every 2nd oil change is 300+ at pml. Filter actually only cost few 10s of dollar. Then there is the engine air filter at 3rd oil change, spark plug at 4th...and then there is the standard scope which has varying quantity depending on their mood...a multiply of $11.

So if you drive a real bmw and kam lan enough to go pml for servicing, expect the bill to come up to 1k at 48k servicing, assuming your brakes are not worn by then...sadly, they probably are. Budget another 1.5k for that.

This is a very misleading statement.

It is like saying I only paid 100k for a 7 series. Well, actually I also traded in another car, and I excluded the price of coe when I said 100k.

PML engine oil is 30+ per lit. So for your 4 cylinder, normal servicing is 200+. For 6 cylinder, it is 300+.

In addition, you should also mention that oil change is always cheap no matter where you go. The thing that makes servicing at AD expensive is the replacement of OTHER CONSUMABLES while you are there for engine oil.

E.g. a air con air filter every 2nd oil change is 300+ at pml. Filter actually only cost few 10s of dollar. Then there is the engine air filter at 3rd oil change, spark plug at 4th...and then there is the standard scope which has varying quantity depending on their mood...a multiply of $11.

So if you drive a real bmw and kam lan enough to go pml for servicing, expect the bill to come up to 1k at 48k servicing, assuming your brakes are not worn by then...sadly, they probably are. Budget another 1.5k for that.

Sigh... Go ahead and dive in. Please by all means. Head first please. Another one that don't read the original thread from the start.

Sigh... Go ahead and dive in. Please by all means. Head first please. Another one that don't read the original thread from the start.

All these started because someone tried reporting like 154th.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1