Audi is the least reliable car?

Jhyy701

Thats the thing. With a top brand you would expect consistency of quality.

You don't want to pay so much money and hope you are lucky to get

a good one that doesn't drink oil or have a dodgy gearbox or steering.

:D

:D probably true

In times like this, I'm reminded of an email reply by Steve Jobs to a customer berating him for the iPhone 4 "antennagate" scandal. He replied;

"you're holding it wrong"

[bounce1]

Edited by ins1dious
↡ Advertisement

:D probably true

In times like this, I'm reminded of an email reply by Steve Jobs to a customer berating him for the iPhone 4 "antennagate" scandal. He replied;

"you're holding it wrong"

[bounce1]

Haha! One thing about Steve Jobs is that he is never wrong.

• Praise 2

Not true. If your reasoning holds true, then for those whose service interval is 10k, they should bring in at 6.7k.

why not? you probably add 1k to the current 10k mileage oil. Take an estimation of around 50km for an hr of idle. Do the maths.

Edited by Ivanpaseo

The magic of Marketing.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the feedback from owners here in MCF,

I would think this brand is cutting edge technology and could never

imagine they are oil drinkers with dodgy gearbox and steering.

Can't image having to top up a litre of engine monthly. Few years down the road i reckon the owner gotta top up engine oil more frequent than petrol [laugh]

• Praise 4

Can't image having to top up a litre of engine monthly. Few years down the road i reckon the owner gotta top up engine oil more frequent than petrol [laugh]

But i think they have solution for this already as i read the audi world forum for usa one

why not? you probably add 1k to the current 10k mileage oil. Take an estimation of around 50km for an hr of idle. Do the maths.

well, to each its own.

could it be micro leak? I see so many oil patches (black ice) in MSCP.

The MMI display show lack of oil level, so the engine oil decreasing and had to top up before my next servicing. Drive only 3-4k km then have this problem again

• Praise 1

Probably leak because of engine piston. Though there are other few possibilities

if top up engine oil a bit more than high level, will it be better?

Hello guys, can any owner of the current A6 share any issues or EO consumption or any reliability of the car?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm driving an A4B4 for almost 8yrs...i did not encounter much issue with the car...my current mileage is 225k...in my 7th year of ownership, the car started to eat a bit of engine oil...now i've to top up every now and then...but i guess it normal as i believe the car is due for a major over haul...when the car eats engine oil, it means the gaskets and seal need to be replace...engine need to be cleaned...

• Praise 1

Hello guys, can any owner of the current A6 share any issues or EO consumption or any reliability of the car?

No issue with my 2014 A6 Avant for engine oil consumption. Topped up 1L oil after 7k km when oil dropped from full to 3/4.

Reliability, so far so good.

Only weak point on the A6 is engine mounting. One side replaced under warranty. Many others also had theirs changed during warranty. We are guessing due to the auto engine start/stop function. Have since turned mine off.

Just received a call from Audi on Sat to bring my car in for a software update. At the same time, doing my free oil change. I signed up for their 4 year maintenance package so there are four free oil change in between service interval. 

The software update, from what I know is something to do with the coolant pump. In case of its failure and choke the coolant line, it will give an indication on the dashboard. This coolant pump is only in use when heater function is turned on. But here in SG, dont think we will be using the heater function much.

Intend to buy a 2008 Audi, not sure is it advisable?
Is there any problem for this model?

Thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2