Is Social Media reliable? White House is abusing it.

AhJason

so any mega corporations with enough money can abuse social media too.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/technology/story/political-messaging-wars-white-house-deploys-twitter-army-20131104

In political messaging wars, White House deploys a Twitter army

WASHINGTON (REUTERS) - Besieged by unflattering stories about the launch of President Barack Obama's healthcare programme, the White House saw a news report that it wanted to swiftly knock down.

It was from NBC, which said that Obama had overpromised when he said Americans who liked their insurance could keep it, and that the president knew that many people would see their coverage change.

White House officials quickly began firing off a barrage of tweets on Twitter, which has become one of the administration's most potent and relied-upon weapons in trying to shape public opinion and media reports.

Josh Earnest, the principal deputy press secretary to Obama, began the assault with a series of tweets that said the healthcare law did protect Americans against changes in their coverage - unless insurers altered such coverage.

↡ Advertisement

I thought mega corporations are already doing that?

Samsung was caught defaming HTC recently in Taiwan thru social media platform also..

• Praise 1

(edited)

I thought mega corporations are already doing that?

Samsung was caught defaming HTC recently in Taiwan thru social media platform also..

Are Facebook fans real?

Facebook Fans can be bought too.. it does not matter whether the Fans are real. As long as readers have the impression that it is popular. It is cool to be associated with the popular...

What is real..what is fake in the internet age? ....

socialmarketingfastservices.com/

Buy 5000 likes @ $217.

boostlikes.com/facebook-likes

Buy 5000 likes @ $217.

[laugh]

Edited by AhJason

Are Facebook fans real?

Facebook Fans can be bought too.. it does not matter whether the Fans are real. As long as readers have the impression that it is popular. It is cool to be associated with the popular...

What is real..what is fake in the internet age? ....

socialmarketingfastservices.com/

Buy 5000 likes @ $217.

boostlikes.com/facebook-likes

Buy 5000 likes @ $217.

[laugh]

Wah.. Likes can buy one ar... I thought they just throw in some "Freebies" and automatically alot people will like and share..

nowadays the social media are the one that is polluting the internet with more and more lies instead...

Edited by Knoobie

Wah.. Likes can buy one ar... I thought they just throw in some "Freebies" and automatically alot people will like and share..

nowadays the social media are the one that is polluting the internet with more and more lies instead...

ya lor... i remember the days of dial up...around 1999-2000-ish era, internet were so innocent back then and ppl were polite, sincere . we had forum gathering meet ups and made some nice tok cok pals...

now, u tell me to meet up with strangers, i think twice first [laugh]

ya lor... i remember the days of dial up...around 1999-2000-ish era, internet were so innocent back then and ppl were polite, sincere . we had forum gathering meet ups and made some nice tok cok pals...

yeah lo.. those were the days you can hook up girls on internet!!

now strangers approach me sure regarded as scammer!!

yeah lo.. those were the days you can hook up girls on internet!!

now strangers approach me sure regarded as scammer!!

u hook girls from IRC too? [laugh]

lol! last time everyone "making friends" on IRC mah!!

@Q

then everyone wants to be moderator! [laugh] then last time can gate crash the different school's channel [laugh]

Slaps Knoobie with a large trout! [laugh]

@Q

then everyone wants to be moderator! [laugh] then last time can gate crash the different school's channel [laugh]

Slaps Knoobie with a large trout! [laugh]

HAHAHA!!!

/kick AhJason out of #MCF!

IRC is the best place I learnt my typing! lol!!

(edited)

HAHAHA!!!

/kick AhJason out of #MCF!

IRC is the best place I learnt my typing! lol!!

LOL.

then tat time mp3 were at its infancy and each song is 3 MB or less..we had to queue in "certain" channels to download songs. lol!

Edited by AhJason

LOL.

then tat time mp3 were at its infancy and each song is 3 MB or less..we had to queue in "certain" channels to download songs. lol!

yup yup! most people with cable are the person that shares the mp3!

damn.. those days were damn funny!!

yup yup! most people with cable are the person that shares the mp3!

damn.. those days were damn funny!!

i was about to enlist then. [laugh]

then i heard that the secondary school kids actually got into fights because of IRC squabbles. those days the bengs wore center party with sharp pointed combs.. there were a series of HK triads movies that was so popular [laugh]

Turbocharged

i was about to enlist then. [laugh]

then i heard that the secondary school kids actually got into fights because of IRC squabbles. those days the bengs wore center party with sharp pointed combs.. there were a series of HK triads movies that was so popular [laugh]

Wrong Generation lah. Center parting bengs with Step cuts will not know conputers at all.

Those that's the geeks chat via Bulletin Board Systems(BBS). All we have is a 4800kbps modem or slower and we have a list of Singapore BBS.

We dial direct to the BBS (that time still using 7 digit phonelines) to download games/hacks and chat in emails. If try to call on peak hours may be engaged, then you try the next one available on the list until you finally login. Charge by phonetime only.

BBS are usually setup by voluteers or junkies for fun. These admins are usually known as "SysOps"

I remember I used to dial to Astute BBS and Cynosure BBS.

Those were the days....

Edited by Pocus

u one generation older than me lah ..confirm! [laugh]

Wrong Generation lah. Center parting bengs with Step cuts will not know conputers at all.

Those that's the geeks chat via BBS. All we have is a 4800kbps modem or slower and we have a list of Singapore BBS.

We dial direct to the BBS to download games/hacks and chat in emails. If try to call on peak hours may be engaged, then you try the next one available on the list until you finally login. Charge by phonetime only.

BBS are usually setup by voluteers or junkies for fun. I remember I used to dial to Astute BBS and Cynosure BBS.

Those were the days

not surprised! social media is a powerful tool....it can change perceptions and can destroy a character fast!

Not really... only gullible youngsters believe what they read on the internet, or from tweets, facebook, etc.

Hopefully now more and more people will know that such social media can be easily manipulated... just pay $ to fund a whole group of people to post positive/negative remarks as required.

It's a bit like share prices moving based on sentiments alone.

Ha... those were the days... 56kbps dial-up... very sophisticated for home use already [laugh]

Half-way download a file, someone call the home number... worse still, wrong number! [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement