Home renovation tips

Gary469

Supercharged

How about going back to the same contractor who had done your kitchen reno? He might have the contacts...

[furious] ID

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Choose custum furniture:

Furniture shops aren't excessively enthused about offering unique seats and tables. So as opposed to purchase their end table at a crazy value, simply ask your inside planner to manufacture one. Typically, they can assemble something close, for about a large portion of the cost.

guys

got any reliable renovation contractor to intro ? thinking of reno abit on my kitchen

like replacing the top and bottom cabinets , kitchen sink and supports and also planning to replace the top with stone or granite type

Thanks

we are the 3rd owner , and 2nd owner never did any renovaton and we did not do any renovation on the kitchen before we move in 16 years ago .. hence the cabinets are from 1st original owner .. so its about 25-30 years old cabinets liao

Edited by Lycanthrope

Supercharged

guys

got any reliable renovation contractor to intro ? thinking of reno abit on my kitchen

like replacing the top and bottom cabinets , kitchen sink and supports and also planning to replace the top with stone or granite type

Thanks

You only want to reno your kitchen and nowhere else ?

we are the 3rd owner , and 2nd owner never did any renovaton and we did not do any renovation on the kitchen before we move in 16 years ago .. hence the cabinets are from 1st original owner .. so its about 25-30 years old cabinets liao

The Kitchen is one of the most expensive places in the Home to renovate ... So, Prepare to brace for impact ...

You should set yourself a Budget and then select the contractor that suits your budget ...

Contractors from ParkMall & IMM will charge very different prices ... Quality also ... [nod]

ya , as the wood cabinet starting to breakdown and there are evidence of wood eating insects in it .. have to sweep up the sandy kind shit on the floor often

You only want to reno your kitchen and nowhere else ?

recently got one contractor to quote .. 10k man ..wow ....

The Kitchen is one of the most expensive places in the Home to renovate ... So, Prepare to brace for impact ...

You should set yourself a Budget and then select the contractor that suits your budget ...

Contractors from ParkMall & IMM will charge very different prices ... Quality also ... [nod]

http://l3homeation.com/z-wave-installation-package-singapore-2-2/module-installation-2/

anyone using this?

guys

Thanks

Bukit indah, a shop, quote rm840 bottom cabinter per sqft run, depth standard at 60cm... aluminium + granite table top

top cabinet is rm480

Just finalise reno with contractor..

1. Hack existing kitchen cabinets and rebuilt all cabinets, top and bottom, kitchen top use white quartz.

2. Hack 3 toilets and rebuild wall n floor tiles and vanity top with white quartz.

3. Hack 4 bedroom wardrobes and rebuilt 4 new wardrobes. And add a new 3 door full height shoe cabinet.

4. Rebuilt some false ceiling.

5. Hack 3-4walls to create different walk flow and increase opening and rebuilt with partition walls.

6. Add some doors here and there.

7. Repaint whole house with Nippon Easy Wash.

8. Re sand and lacquer parquet floor and all existing doors.

Reno cost S$50,000.

Inverter Aircon cost $9000, 2 set system 3 and 1 set system 1.

Cheap or expensive?

have u posted your job up on KLUJE website?

it seems to me that the price of 50K seems the contractor is either 1, ripping u off, or 2, giving u a friendship price.

I have one good tip.

Go to friend's house, see the workmanship,

ask your friend if the contractor is reliable or not

and then select from there.

Can see so many contractors at home expo

all so nice one, hard to tell who is the good one.

:D

• Praise 1

If you're good in stripping, strip it bare. Then, go Ikea and buy those kitchen cabinets. :D:D

I actually like those free standing cabinet like: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/10794/

Like those with legs: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/10470/

Most contractors don't like to do with legs one. All lazy bums, use recycled sand and ceramic tiles to platform up.

They also have portable stainless steel sinks. Move house can move easily too. Save $$$

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

If you're good in stripping, strip it bare. Then, go Ikea and buy those kitchen cabinets. :D:D

approach the cleaner downstairs and ask if they want to earn extra income [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Supercharged

ya , as the wood cabinet starting to breakdown and there are evidence of wood eating insects in it .. have to sweep up the sandy kind shit on the floor often

A few years back I reno my kitchen (only the kitchen) too.... look for contractor but seems many aren't interested to do just the kitchen alone. [:(]

Not sure what is the situation now thou....

MCF bros/sis...

will be collecting my BTO keys in the next 3-4 months or so, so i'm starting to hunt for ID..

Anyone to recommend? Need to be patient with me, as I need to have everything done to the tiniest detail.

Have read renotalk, but too much info there at the same time, so i will appreciate if someone here knows those with experience.

Thanks