ICE forum in MCF pretty dead...

Ahgong

the topics there are like at least a year old~!

no one buys ICE any more?

I did a search there and a lot of the info are kinda outdated liow.

hoping to look for any stock HU and speaker set for my ride.

my speakers chui liow. need replacement. second hand also can cos my ride gonna scrap in 2 years. no need to get too expensive.

any good lobang? or any of you getting rid of your stock?

i went to marketplace, noob at this, so see the ads also dunno how to make decision.

got coaxial speakers lah. then got combo lah. then got HU lah... all seperated.

i just one something simple... replace HU and speakers, 2 at front door, 2 at the rear.

possible to get a decent used set with USB in for under $200?

↡ Advertisement

Personally. I feel its a passing phase

And as people change to more expensive cars due to higher coe , they become less adventurous doing up ice.

Besides. New mainstream Marques such as vw already have very competent ice.

• Praise 3

ah... point noted.

but this will mean less one source of info for finding cheap hi-fi for the car to replace the broken one.

Personally. I feel its a passing phase

And as people change to more expensive cars due to higher coe , they become less adventurous doing up ice.

Besides. New mainstream Marques such as vw already have very competent ice.

In other words, people either replace their ICE when under warranty or replace the entire car if warrnaty expired!

many rich people!! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Bro maybe you can look into coaxial speaker as it is easy to power up by your stock headunit and is a cheaper speaker... if you plan to change headunit with USB function you can look out a market place or go to Mustafa to find the item u need... I just bought an coaxial speaker from Mustafa at $21

Bro maybe you can look into coaxial speaker as it is easy to power up by your stock headunit and is a cheaper speaker... if you plan to change headunit with USB function you can look out a market place or go to Mustafa to find the item u need... I just bought an coaxial speaker from Mustafa at $21

Wow... That is reasonable price.

How bout installation?

there is a new ICE forum start up.... I was informed by installer too..

Copy this to your web browser: Car-electronic.net/phpbb

swee~~!

really new forum. not much to read yet.

Neutral Newbie

Wow... That is reasonable price.

How bout installation?

Should be $30 ~ $50 +/- price range, cos is a simple installation nearly is a plug n play thing... if u can't settle u can sms me @81885001

• Praise 1

just bought a car and I am quite into sound system, didn't know it is a sort of passe for cars already. haha. will check out the new forum for more information.

A few reasons -

all here oredi did what they do in ice

Most cars ice factory fitted, I agree the vw n Kia ones r good

My colleag whose uncle doin ice feedback ice biz not as good anymore.

just change the front speaker will do. The stock HU does not need to be changed since they are already quite competent. Some change of HU require a fascia change and that does not make sense.

Put a box subwoofer in the boot with a power amplifier and that should suffice. Dont get underfloor subwoofer - they cmi.

More serious? SP the front two doors.

BTW, even a 5-10 year old power amp can do the job - I am using a very old power amp to power a 2nd hand subwoofer - The recommendations I made are based on my setup - good enough for me.

just change the front speaker will do. The stock HU does not need to be changed since they are already quite competent. Some change of HU require a fascia change and that does not make sense.

Put a box subwoofer in the boot with a power amplifier and that should suffice. Dont get underfloor subwoofer - they cmi.

More serious? SP the front two doors.

BTW, even a 5-10 year old power amp can do the job - I am using a very old power amp to power a 2nd hand subwoofer - The recommendations I made are based on my setup - good enough for me.

[laugh] got pics to share?

sub woofer ah? cannot lah. with stroller and groceries everyweek, car boot no space lah.

A few reasons -

all here oredi did what they do in ice

Most cars ice factory fitted, I agree the vw n Kia ones r good

My colleag whose uncle doin ice feedback ice biz not as good anymore.

your uncle got lobang for cheap speaker replacement with HU that comes with USB?

2nd also boleh.

budget Max $250.

PM me ok?

[laugh] got pics to share?

sub woofer ah? cannot lah. with stroller and groceries everyweek, car boot no space lah.

your uncle got lobang for cheap speaker replacement with HU that comes with USB?

2nd also boleh.

budget Max $250.

PM me ok?

bro, it's my colleag's uncle, not mine. alternatively, SL tower also L3 shop also sells competitively priced spkrs, some good ones at 100+.

bro, it's my colleag's uncle, not mine. alternatively, SL tower also L3 shop also sells competitively priced spkrs, some good ones at 100+.

they sell the products only. the installation is seperate.

been there. within my budget, they no have.

they sell the products only. the installation is seperate.

been there. within my budget, they no have.

cannot be don't have, unless u lookin at more premium ones. i checked out the RF punch, infinity kappa, phoenix gold & focal - all ranged fr 140 - 220? no?

cannot be don't have, unless u lookin at more premium ones. i checked out the RF punch, infinity kappa, phoenix gold & focal - all ranged fr 140 - 220? no?

hmm... mabbe its the shops i asked.

i didn't ask that many. May go back there to check out again. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement