Taxi "dives" into condo swimming pool

Darthrevan

taxi-swimming-pool.jpg

A taxi took a dive into a swimming pool at a condominium when it took a wrong turn in the heavy rain early Sunday morning.

The ComfortDelgro taxi apparently plunged into the pool at about 3am.
ComfortDelgro spokesperson Tammy Tan said the driver had gone to the condominium along Upper Bukit Timah Road to fulfil a booking job.
As it was raining heavily, the driver could not see clearly and made a wrong turn. He thought it was to the road leading to the lobby.
The 44-year-old driver managed to escape unhurt before police arrived on the scene.
The vehicle was fished out after 7am.
Ms Tan said, "We are relieved to learn that our cabby had escaped unhurt and we will assist him the best we can. We will also be in touch with the condominium with regards to any damage that may have resulted."
↡ Advertisement

Which condo is this?

Is it really that confusing or was the taxi driver sleeping?

my personal guess is Southaven II..correct me if I'm wrong

Twincharged

Quite alot of places now love to use tiles which are the same as those used for pavements. Quite confusing if you are not familiar. My son ever ran onto the road before cuz he thought its part of the pavement. He normally knows he cannot run onto the road.

my personal guess is Southaven II..correct me if I'm wrong

i thought it was Southaven II. but my friend who stayed there said it's not.

Edited by Lala81

I'm just wondering... the condos that I've seen before (not many), pool area is quite "inaccessible" from the driveway. It would be hazardous if it's possible to accidentally drive into the "pedestrian" area of the condo so easily. Maybe bollards need to be installed, so that even in heavy rain they're visible?

I'm just wondering... the condos that I've seen before (not many), pool area is quite "inaccessible" from the driveway. It would be hazardous if it's possible to accidentally drive into the "pedestrian" area of the condo so easily. Maybe bollards need to be installed, so that even in heavy rain they're visible?

The best is install concrete bollards with regular interval that normal car will not be able to drive through it.

I mean if the entrance is so open that a taxi can drive through to the swimming pool, then something not right leh.

If it is because of to easy of fire engine access, then perhaps can install removable bollards to make known that the area is not for drivers to drive through.

↡ Advertisement