Poured coolent into Engine. how to deal with it?

Chucky2007

Hi bros, my friend upsent mindedly poured 1 litre of coolent into his engine instead of engine oil. After poured in, then he realise.

He didn't start the engine at all thank god.

What are the steps to rectify this? Call for tow truck send to workshop and do Engine flush?

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

wow this remind me Seletar Shell petrol station incident....

think your fren next time have to be careful...

do u mind letting us know how the workshop rectified this problem once your fren got his ride repaired?

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice.

My friend called me and ask me what's the dashboard sign that looks like a hand lamp.. I replied low engine oil.

He said shit.. He also thought its engine oil but mind too preoccupied with work and bought coolest instead n poured in.. Lol..

Hi bros, my friend upsent mindedly poured 1 litre of coolent into his engine instead of engine oil. After poured in, then he realise.

He didn't start the engine at all thank god.

What are the steps to rectify this? Call for tow truck send to workshop and do Engine flush?

Ya I guess u need to tow to ws to drain out the engine oil n maybe flush a couple of times with some cheap oil first.

Then u can put in yr normal EO.

Tell him next time he can pour EO into the radiator too. Brake fluid into the autobox n ATF into the brake fluid container. Just for the fun of it. [laugh]

Thanks for the advice.

My friend called me and ask me what's the dashboard sign that looks like a hand lamp.. I replied low engine oil.

He said s--t.. He also thought its engine oil but mind too preoccupied with work and bought coolest instead n poured in.. Lol..

Ya I also sometimes very busy wil get confused about what fluid goes where. Especially different cars u hv to fill in different locations so hv to make sure b4 pour in.

But I always think carefully a few times b4 I pour the stuff in.

Make such a mistake wil b very costly. If yr fren can do that, better from now on he just send to ws to service etc. No more DIY hor.

• Praise 1

Sounds like a big cc car (from my ltd knowledge).

Problem resolved. No damage done as engine not started and due to 7.5litres of oil sump capacity.

Problem resolved. No damage done as engine not started and due to 7.5litres of oil sump capacity.

7.5L oil sump? That's a very big oil sump man! Is your friend driving a Hummer?

had water in my engine ! milky cap. Flushed with cheap engine oil 4 times as follows

1) Drain existing Oil,

2) Fill up and drain

3)Fill up and drain

4) Fill up add engine oil and Engine flush, idle for 10 mins , then drain

5)Fill up go for a long drive, check oil cap should be clear. else flush 1 more time.

post-142111-0-97882700-1420895165_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

had water in my engine ! milky cap. Flushed with cheap engine oil 4 times as follows

1) Drain existing Oil,

2) Fill up and drain

3)Fill up and drain

4) Fill up add engine oil and Engine flush, idle for 10 mins , then drain

5)Fill up go for a long drive, check oil cap should be clear. else flush 1 more time.

You just drain, fill and flush away ? Never investigate how the water got into the engine , ie tackle the root of the problem ?? [confused]

You just drain, fill and flush away ? Never investigate how the water got into the engine , ie tackle the root of the problem ?? [confused]

How it got in was an act of sabotage by an unethical workshop . I challenged and proofed to them that my top gasket was not blown as per their claim. When I went to grab my drink , they poured water in !

↡ Advertisement