Sincere Apology for reckless driving

Vt136

I did a pretty bad overtaking from the middle lane to the slow lane around 10.20pm today while existing Woodlands Ave2 (SLE to BKE). I was in a shock and i believed the driver in the other vehicle was equally shock as well. Would like to apologize to him/her in the vehicle on the left most lane for causing this uncomfortable and dangerous situation so late at night. Very sorry about it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

That place common sight lah. Sometimes the slow lane jam till mandai exit, so if overshot the pack must from 2nd lane go into the 2 lane exit mah.

That place common sight lah. Sometimes the slow lane jam till mandai exit, so if overshot the pack must from 2nd lane go into the 2 lane exit mah.

I think you are referring to Ave12 exit :) , is it? Jam from Ave2 till Mandai must be real bad.

I am exiting the following Ave2 ramp. I moved to the slow lane way too early, and with some bad judgement, almost cause an accident. Phew, heng nothing bad happen.

Most of the time, if you've made a mistake, just put your hand up to show your apology on the spot will do. I highly doubt that the driver behind you at that time would read this, but this is at least better than other a-holes I've encountered on the road.

I know woodlands area a lot of impatient drivers and crazy truck drivers also... so, drive safe.

• Praise 1

Even the safest, most careful driver also make mistakes at some point.

I think if you raise up your hand as an apology gesture to the rear driver, it's already considered an apology.

• Praise 1

Most of the time, if you've made a mistake, just put your hand up to show your apology on the spot will do. I highly doubt that the driver behind you at that time would read this, but this is at least better than other a-holes I've encountered on the road.

I know woodlands area a lot of impatient drivers and crazy truck drivers also... so, drive safe.

weiii!! i live in woodlands u know....i am one of the most patience driver i have met so far! How can u brush the whole of woodlands with a small brush!
  • Praise 3

Even the safest, most careful driver also make mistakes at some point.

I think if you raise up your hand as an apology gesture to the rear driver, it's already considered an apology.

Raise hand also must raise properly hor.

What if the offended fella is cock-eyed or one of your longest fingers some how point extra straight and up, you may be 5423ed... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

weiii!! i live in woodlands u know....i am one of the most patience driver i have met so far! How can u brush the whole of woodlands with a small brush!

Bro, you read wrongly. I said 'a lot', I didn't say all of them are impatient drivers.

• Praise 1

Fellow northern bro! Haha, thanks for standing up for Woodlands drivers!

Fellow northern bro! Haha, thanks for standing up for Woodlands drivers!

no prob.....i am invested in Woodlands.....hahaha! I live near Mandai Tekong park. Very quiet area until the school holidays!

no prob.....i am invested in Woodlands.....hahaha! I live near Mandai Tekong park. Very quiet area until the school holidays!

Hi-5! I stay near there too.. Not gonna divulge any more over public forum! Haha..

It's good to admit it's our mistake and yes even the best drivers have their days off. Look at Lewis Hamilton, Michael Schumacher (they do kiss the barriers etc too) and sometimes those mistakes are costly but thankfully for you it's not. The rear driver probably won't get to read this and he will most likely file you into the books of reckless/careless drivers but come on, it was an honest mistake. [:(] Let's move on. Haha.

I have also made bad judgments while driving before and sometimes there is just no chance to raise up your hand to apologize.

Was a little surprised to see that this thread suddenly came alive :)

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year to those who are celebrating it, and too everyone, may you all blessed with good health during the year of horse.

I'm glad to report that there isn't any unwanted incident since the last one, except for one time a chap overtake me on the right(SLE) looking angry and keep shaking his head, perhaps driving at 90kph at middle lane annoyed him very very much. Anyway, i just pretended not seeing him and continue my journey.

btw, the next exit after Woodlands Ave2 is Mandai (BKE City) or Woodlands (BKE Woodlands/ Johore), both possible to go home. Will consider that next time i missed the exit. :)