• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone know where in JB can i do solar film?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Jnco
  • Premium member
    Jnco
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bro, you can try WE one auto at Taman Century Garden, 80250 Johor Bahru. 6 window total 350RM. But i suggest  you not to go there. i went there once for servicing and they try to do hard sell. I fully recommend you to Eclipse Auto Pte Ltd at 155 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1 #01-00 Shun Li Industrial Park S(416012). I did my car just 1 month ago. But after some blur vision , called up them and they replace a new one for me. service not bad. As for We one auto, i don't think they can replace a new one for you. just my 2cent. Thanks!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bro, you can try WE one auto at Taman Century Garden, 80250 Johor Bahru. 6 window total 350RM. But i suggest  you not to go there. i went there once for servicing and they try to do hard sell. I fully recommend you to Eclipse Auto Pte Ltd at 155 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1 #01-00 Shun Li Industrial Park S(416012). I did my car just 1 month ago. But after some blur vision , called up them and they replace a new one for me. service not bad. As for We one auto, i don't think they can replace a new one for you. just my 2cent. Thanks!

THks for sharing.

Jnco praised this

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone know where in JB can i do solar film?

Dont do will fail inspection, even 100% transparent type also fail , KNN !

2BDriver and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Jnco
  • Premium member
    Jnco
    1st Gear
    Author Image

But LTA approved certain percentage to be pass right? What happen?

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

But LTA approved certain percentage to be pass right? What happen?

Thats what I think too. Install on the whole car , abit kasu so asked them to put 35% for back and transparent on front and windscreen. After one yr go inspection at Boon Lay , asked to remove the windscreen film , faild test wat to do ?

I guess those film cut down heat and uv. Our lousy LTA using some kind of old meter to meature darkness will give false reading lah.

Edited by Jasonjst, 14 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Jnco
  • Premium member
    Jnco
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thats what I think too. Install on the whole car , abit kasu so asked them to put 35% for back and transparent on front and windscreen. After one yr go inspection at Boon Lay , asked to remove the windscreen film , faild test wat to do ?

I guess those film cut down heat and uv. Our lousy LTA using some kind of old meter to meature darkness will give false reading lah.Like 

I asked the work shop that i want approved tint by LTA. If not approved at the inspection centre, i will head down to the workshop, Next time don't go Boon lay inspection. Maybe their equipment is already old. LOL 

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I asked the work shop that i want approved tint by LTA. If not approved at the inspection centre, i will head down to the workshop, Next time don't go Boon lay inspection. Maybe their equipment is already old. LOL 

That is why i tell you cannot do in JB. Pay more in SG ,if fail inspection can complaint LTA lor. Mine do inJB,LL lor. JB workshop also say can approve , since is transparent type should be no issue. Now LL got to waste $$. Yes some people tell me Bona Vista not so Meow.

Edited by Jasonjst, 14 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

No issue for me. I change whole car window film every 2 yrs.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No issue for me. I change whole car window film every 2 yrs.

Wat for , unecessary wastage isnt it ? Those film can usually last out the whole life span of the car lor.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wat for , unecessary wastage isnt it ? Those film can usually last out the whole life span of the car lor.

I always opt for the cheapest film. Cheap film will fade with time. So i change all the window film over time.  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I always opt for the cheapest film. Cheap film will fade with time. So i change all the window film over time.  

The whole idea of these film is to cut the the extreme heat in Singapore and Malaysia .  If you install those lousy cheap film ,they only give you the black out look cant really cut down the heat (IR) and UV lor .

Quite costly if you install high grade type that can reduct heat wave by up to 80 - 90 % . Can feel a very big different one if you install good quality one .

Edited by Jasonjst, 14 November 2013 - 09:17 PM.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

any more input?

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

rgyl11
  • Premium member
    rgyl11
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I did my full window tinting at LT AUTOMART TRADING 185, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, Taman Century, 80250 Johor Bahru.

Service wise is quite good and price reasonable for full car tinting. Roughly 250RM for whole car. Went back to replace film as it wasn't pasted nicely and they replaced 2 full front window for me. 

Quality wise I would not recommend as their products and workmanship ain't great. I think doing solar film at SG is still the best choice.  [grin]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I guess those film cut down heat and uv. Our lousy LTA using some kind of old meter to meature darkness will give false reading lah.

Dunno leh. My Optra the back windows quite dark n a few times I go Inspection ty tested the tint but always passed.

Maybe yrs just too dark?

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

vti_eg9
  • Premium member
    vti_eg9
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Installer in JB do not have the light tramission device that LTA have to check on our car, all just agar agar can pass, price wise sure better than Singapore but have to take the risk been stop by Lta.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

jovanni55
  • jovanni55
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

anyone knows how much for those average ones?

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Enson
  • Premium member
    Enson
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My car sales agent quoted me about 1.3k plus for staff price for 3M. Small sedan. Vkool also abt similar. Is these expensive or I can get cheaper outside?

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I paid $170 at Tinsy Cool to do full car. The rear screen really dark but my car is now 7 years old

and pass inspection 3 time already. So many Msia cars have wrapped and bubbled screens and I

wouldn't consider doing it in Msia. Also do in Msia might not pass inspection.

:D  

I am so happy and I don't care.
Wife ran off with another man, daughter turn lesbian, son go for sex change operation, house burn down, business failed.
Easy come easy go. :)

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That is why i tell you cannot do in JB. Pay more in SG ,if fail inspection can complaint LTA lor. Mine do inJB,LL lor. JB workshop also say can approve , since is transparent type should be no issue. Now LL got to waste $$. Yes some people tell me Bona Vista not so Meow.

But Inspection ty only check the darkness of the tint.

If clear means no tint so that sure can pass. Maybe yr rear too dark cos ty give u 35% tint plus yr window glass alrdy has some tint so both add together alrdy exceed the max alloweed by LTA.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Unique (Since 1995) Pte Ltd

Unique (Since 1995) Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by alexlim1574  |  Neutral Newbie

Being with CSII for more than 10 years. Tried the Basic CS2 stages coating for my first two cars and drove in often for car wash and vacuuming, now this is my third car on Ceramic coating with them. Friendly and approachable lady boss and their service staffs. Still seeing some of their pioneer staffs here. Last but not least, it really helps to protect the car paint, e... » Read More

Xtremez Audio Accessories

Xtremez Audio Accessories  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by cmlee71  |  Neutral Newbie

I had a good time chatting with Charles from Xtremez Audio to do a 2 way audio car setup for me. It all started with a simple Whatsapp, and from there, you will know whether the person is genuine and passion about his work on car audio & Sound stage, or just a person who just care about making money only.

When I reached the location and saw the no. Of EMMA A... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Solar Films & Tinting

Quick Reply

Tags: solar, film

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users