Feedback for hu with bt for calls

Kazuo

Neutral Newbie

HU with Bluetooth are always more expensive, but is this Bluetooth function really useful and good to have?

The difference in cost for a HU with BT and one without, could probably be around $150? Which can easily get a Bluetooth headset which can be use for both calls and music, in and out of the car.

I've tried to pair it with my GPS, and my experience is, the mic doesn't seem to be able to pick up my voice well and I will have to shout in order for the other party to hear me.

Beside, maybe I'm to idealistic, I was hoping that the voice command function can allow me to make calls via speech, but unfortunately cannot.

Like to have some feedback from drivers who use the BT function for calls, before I decide which HU I should get.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

Most Headunits with bluetooth functions should have an external provided when you purchase them.

Currently using a pioneer double-din, no problems with the bluetooth mic sensitivity.

The connection is usually between my phone and the headunit.

Cheers

I had a Alpine HU with BT, the BT died after a few months.

BT audio is excellent.

I replaced it with a cheapo BT set from dx. It didn't work well, the audio was bad.

Next I replaced with Pioneer HU with BT from Amazon. It works very well till today. It's cheap, even after paying for shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-X6500BT-Receiver-Bluetooth-MIXTRAX/dp/B0091UX3QI/

Although a couple of times, BT was disconnected and I had to reconnect manually. It could be due to the phone software or the HU.

USA version doesn't allow you to tune to even radio stations, so if you're not listening to those, it's acceptable.

Otherwise, you need to pay more for a localized version.

I've tried the HU w/ BT function in Audi A4 and BMW 7s. They were like magic to me. So awesome, clear calls, perfect music sync and for the BMW it synced the phone contacts so that I can scroll them in the HU via the steering controls.

Been trying to find something similar to fix into my daily Subaru ride, but I think it requires a double din.

I think the better ones are from Alpine and Pioneer?

I think the better ones are from Alpine and Pioneer?

The better ones used Parrot BT module. Both Alpine and Pioneer use Parrot.

The better ones used Parrot BT module. Both Alpine and Pioneer use Parrot.

But Parrot caters more to iPhone users. Not so much for Android users.

Which explains why I am still looking for one...

Parrot built BT modules. They are oem for many suppliers. BT is not iphone or android specific.

http://www.parrotoem.com/en-gb/about/our-customers/

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with my Pioneer BT.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

I've had my eyes set on Parrot modules for a long time, but their HU always state for iPod, iPhones etc.

Too bad your Pioneer BT is not double-din if not it is a damn good buy!