Good running shoes to recommend

Babyt

Any good running shoes to recommend?

is those minimalist running shoes good on running on granite stone track?

I have a reebok but the side of the shoes, poked by my toes, now punctured a hole...less than 1 yr, so lousy thin material.

↡ Advertisement

i am looking for Reebok trainers...3d ultralite...got it 2 yrs back...but now cant find them at Royal Sporting house or Sportlink. Colur is black with White sole. But i am not into running....done too much running during ns...running give me nightmares!

From E-mart bro? Cheap and good these running shoes... light too... :)

Cheap? No... it's free :D

SAF standard issue? :D

Yes. Tested and proven by thousands [thumbsup]

I have a reebok but the side of the shoes, poked by my toes, now punctured a hole...less than 1 yr, so lousy thin material.

Imm royal sporting house. World of sport got lots of shoes. Bought saucony around $60. Very good quality.

Those minimalist running shoes are road racing shoes; they are not the best for running on hard pavements if joint protection is important.

I have a pair of Adidas road racing shoes and they are light and comfortable.

Try Adidas. I think Bayi Singh once mentioned that Mizuno is a good brand.

Imm royal sporting house. World of sport got lots of shoes. Bought saucony around $60. Very good quality.

Saucony can go to ARC, alexandra retail centre, there's one sport shop selling from $29 onwards

Those minimalist running shoes are road racing shoes; they are not the best for running on hard pavements if joint protection is important.

I have a pair of Adidas road racing shoes and they are light and comfortable.

Try Adidas. I think Bayi Singh once mentioned that Mizuno is a good brand.

For minimalist shoe, it depends on individual. I have no problem even running in MacRitchie Reservoir.

Hard to find one shoes, at least for me... What shoes are ok for 5 km may not be ok for 21km... I'm still searching for the right shoes. and ,the Mizuno Wave rider 12 (very old gen) had serve me well thru a couple of marathon. Update to waverider 13, and both my 2nd toe is blacken, nail dropped off after a couple for half marathon.. Good luck on your search, I know I needed it.

Read the book Born To Run. http://www.amazon.com/Born-Run-Hidden-Superathletes-Greatest/dp/0307279189/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384617068&sr=8-1&keywords=born+to+run

Great read plus some good insights into why the more expensive the running shoe the worse it is for your foot. The minimalist shoes make sense as they give your feet the chance to build muscles. We spent eons running without fancy running shoes, why need them now?

• Praise 2

i did not buy Asics cos its the brand for SAF shoes and i m looking for minimalist shoes.

in the end, just brought Saucony Kinvara 4.

• Praise 1

I've been wearing my Adizero for 3 years liao. Very good cushion and very light. Only con and very big con is that grip is not so good.

Wore it to IPT training, slipped and fell a few times, especially on wet grounds.

If you are running outdoors (not tracks), go for cross-trainers (SAF standard issues are all cross trainers, that's what I learned from PTIs). If just track running, go for cushioned running shoes for impact absorption.

Just don't go for those toe shoes with minimal cushion.

↡ Advertisement