2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

Must say that I am still enjoying the ride after more than 3 months.  Not perfect, but totally love it :wub: .  Look forward to driving it everyday.  I do mostly city driving, so it drinks quite a fair bit.  Mostly drive in Sports mode, as I found out that it is more fuel efficient based my driving style, plus it delivers greater power than Comfort mode.  Although must say the car's Eco Display constantly reminds me to drive in a more environmentally responsible manner.  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Another romantic Lover of Car :wub:

Hope you stay true to her for a long long time  

Must say that I am still enjoying the ride after more than 3 months.  Not perfect, but totally love it :wub: .  Look forward to driving it everyday.  I do mostly city driving, so it drinks quite a fair bit.  Mostly drive in Sports mode, as I found out that it is more fuel efficient based my driving style, plus it delivers greater power than Comfort mode.  Although must say the car's Eco Display constantly reminds me to drive in a more environmentally responsible manner.  [:p]

• Praise 4

Must say that I am still enjoying the ride after more than 3 months. Not perfect, but totally love it :wub: . Look forward to driving it everyday. I do mostly city driving, so it drinks quite a fair bit. Mostly drive in Sports mode, as I found out that it is more fuel efficient based my driving style, plus it delivers greater power than Comfort mode. Although must say the car's Eco Display constantly reminds me to drive in a more environmentally responsible manner. [:p]

Serious? City driving in sports mode you get better FC?

Serious? City driving in sports mode you get better FC?

Yes, believe it or not.  I tested the various modes over two weeks.  Maybe I stepped on the accelerator harder and longer under Comfort mode to move the car?  But its just me.  When my wife drives it, she gets better FC than me with Comfort mode, she always get full or close to full green for all 3 categories in the Eco Display.  So the problem is with my driving style.  Anyway, its nicer to drive under Sports mode. [;)]

city driving using sports mode means must hard brake very often. I'm surprised the FC is better.

anyway, drive merc why bother with "FC"

city driving using sports mode means must hard brake very often. I'm surprised the FC is better.

anyway, drive merc why bother with "FC"

Don't see why city driving using sports mode means hard braking often :huh:  , at least I don't. I hardly do any hard braking.

Why drive merc cannot be bothered with "FC"? :blink:  Better FC means spending less time heading to petrol station, it also means playing our part to consume less of earth's resources.

Don't see why city driving using sports mode means hard braking often :huh:  , at least I don't. I hardly do any hard braking.

Why drive merc cannot be bothered with "FC"? :blink:  Better FC means spending less time heading to petrol station, it also means playing our part to consume less of earth's resources.

Sports mode hold your rev higher, meaning engine work harder than another scenario on normal D mode, given that both same speed. One could be 3000 rpm, another 1800 rpm or lesser.

Moreover in city driving, every 50m or so is traffic light. Come to complete halt, accelerate again, rinse & repeat. How to have better FC if it's in sports mode? I am curious too.

Edited by Audi2016

Sports mode hold your rev higher, meaning engine work harder than another scenario on normal D mode, given that both same speed. One could be 3000 rpm, another 1800 rpm or lesser.

Moreover in city driving, every 50m or so is traffic light. Come to complete halt, accelerate again, rinse & repeat. How to have better FC if it's in sports mode? I am curious too.

Well, unfortunately, I do not have any technical expertise or explanations to satisfy the curiosities here.  Just sharing my experiences based on information given by my car.  Certainly not my intention to stir a debate here.  Anyway, just enjoying my ride.  That's all it matters to me.  Cheers everyone. [;)]

Well, unfortunately, I do not have any technical expertise or explanations to satisfy the curiosities here.  Just sharing my experiences based on information given by my car.  Certainly not my intention to stir a debate here.  Anyway, just enjoying my ride.  That's all it matters to me.  Cheers everyone. [;)]

No ill intentions at all lah, don't misunderstand me or the posts before mine. Because I would like to know how to have better with Sports mode on while having more torque on the tap since RPM is constantly kept high in the torque range.

When I am on S mode on my 2014 SLK250 with 7G tronic in city driving, it is not very driveable. The accelerator response become v sharp, press abit, all the torque comes on, shit reach next traffic light or jam infront, need to brake again. Not to mention the louder engine noise / gear changes. S mode, in my opinion, more suitable for higher speeds.

No ill intentions at all lah, don't misunderstand me or the posts before mine. Because I would like to know how to have better with Sports mode on while having more torque on the tap since RPM is constantly kept high in the torque range.

When I am on S mode on my 2014 SLK250 with 7G tronic in city driving, it is not very driveable. The accelerator response become v sharp, press abit, all the torque comes on, shit reach next traffic light or jam infront, need to brake again. Not to mention the louder engine noise / gear changes. S mode, in my opinion, more suitable for higher speeds.

It's quite the same intuition as using vpower give u better fc, if you get what I mean.
  • Praise 1

For conti i would go against PI models. Its not that they cant solve the prob or they cant repair the car, its because they may not honour the warranty. Unless AD don't carry the model that u want then bo pian go PI

For example harrier or vellfire

Has a question to consult any E class owner here

I am driving a E 250.

I noticed that when i stopped my engine, the windscreen wipers will not returned to it original position, but stuck in the middle... funny and ugly

I wrote to Germany Mercedes, they replied that this can be fixed , just bring in to local C&C

Anyone has this problem ?

And really can be fixed ? 

I am driving a E 250.

I noticed that when i stopped my engine, the windscreen wipers will not returned to it original position, but stuck in the middle... funny and ugly

I wrote to Germany Mercedes, they replied that this can be fixed , just bring in to local C&C

Can you give me the email to Germany Mercedes. I wanna ask them something that C&C say cannot be fixed.

Thanks.

Edited by Piyopico

if you switch off the power and the wiper is in the middle of wiping the windscreen, of cos it will freeze (cos no power supply?)

this happens to all my cars jap or german

cos too many traffic lights, everytime do a short sprint must decelerate to a halt - of cos will need to hard brake

C class is not a 4L guzzler. Its a 1.6L petrol engine car. The "FC" wont differ too much, probably by decimals only.

I am driving a E 250.

ur E Class wants to be a Koenigsegg.

Has anyone got their car tuned and actually share the ride with someone in the family? 

that day when I collected my car after tuning, the output was insane and it has a significant difference of nearly 2s for the 0-100 sprint. 

however I share my ride with my 63 yo dad and he drives it often in a very conservative way usually below 100kph too. After I took it back for a spin, I realised the power decrease rather significantly and I wonder does Merc ECU reacts and learn the driver's driving style and input the boost accordingly? Because whenever I go to re-flash my ECU, the power seem to go up again.

ur E Class wants to be a Koenigsegg.

Has anyone got their car tuned and actually share the ride with someone in the family? 

that day when I collected my car after tuning, the output was insane and it has a significant difference of nearly 2s for the 0-100 sprint. 

however I share my ride with my 63 yo dad and he drives it often in a very conservative way usually below 100kph too. After I took it back for a spin, I realised the power decrease rather significantly and I wonder does Merc ECU reacts and learn the driver's driving style and input the boost accordingly? Because whenever I go to re-flash my ECU, the power seem to go up again.

No my E class dont want to be "Koenigsegg" which I have no clue what that means

Also I drive like a turtle from point A to point B and would care less about what "ECU" which again I have no clue what is that .....

if you switch off the power and the wiper is in the middle of wiping the windscreen, of cos it will freeze (cos no power supply?)

this happens to all my cars jap or german

cos too many traffic lights, everytime do a short sprint must decelerate to a halt - of cos will need to hard brake

C class is not a 4L guzzler. Its a 1.6L petrol engine car. The "FC" wont differ too much, probably by decimals only.

this happens to all my cars jap or german - All here means all cars

Trying asking VM and Audi owners. 

Dont need to reply .

Turbocharged

With regards to using your existing car for overtrades. Does it apply if it is a coe car or had to be less than 10 year old?

↡ Advertisement