2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

1. if your car is not giving you issues, continue using unless AD gives good overtrade for a new car.

2. maybe need to narrow down whether you prefer Sedan or SUV first. a bit too many on the shopping list currently.

cheers

47k overtrade is damm high to me lor.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks LIMHH, Blueray for your input....

Current car no issues at all, in fact I enjoyed this E so much to have it for 9 years(record for me). Perfect engine, low RTax, min maintenance.

No problem driving for another 12 months....but you know...the itch of getting another new ride is high..lol

I did seriously consider getting another E....the reason why I mentioned the CLA ...like the lines(looks like a baby S), and the front diamond grilles looks...and of course the price.

Little-prince - let me write the exact wordings from the SE - "Mr Yeo, Current price is at 165,888, we have overtrade and service credit and insurance subsidy."

"Mr. Yeo, your trade in car we will be able to take in at 47,300 if you take our promo stocks colors. After loan amount of 80,000, your down payment will be at 38,588.

At 47,300 overtrade was the highest I got as compared to PI offer to take in at 40,000 only.

kc

Hi to all,

Need some pro advice ....

Currently driving a E200 Avangarde model(bought new fr C&C)...left exactly one year (6/2017) 10years.

About time to change the ride....recommended by friends Harrier has the best value for the buck.

So, when to a few PI....got confused with so many options/price different PI offer...finally saw the GS version and was the best of the lot in my books...PI offer was 151k. But somehow,....still dont have the MUST grab feeling(as I had owned a Harrier before).

At the price range of 151k....other options come into mind...Mercedes CLA180, Shooting brakes, C200, BMW1....so, off to C&C showroom and PI Vincar.....offers from C&C tempting with high overtrade (CLA180-165,888, overtrade 47,300).

Here is mingle brain(more I see, more I got confused)....CLA180 body shape nice....but back seating for midgets, Shooting Brakes have a better backroom...but the body shape bit funny(maybe thats why dont see many on the roads). 

C class?...new model coming?

My Qs....

1. wait further as my ride have one year more? (don't think the COE will ever drop)

2. Which is the best ride in your opinion?

Many thanks for any input to help my mingle brain....cheers

kc

Think you misunderstood the meaning of overtrade.

That said, C-class current gen is launched 2014.. so FL model 2017, reach SG shores maybe late 2017 by usual standards.

CLA is really cramped and budget feel in the cabin. C-class is quite a few notches better.

47k overtrade is damm high to me lor.

er ... $47k over trade for CLA180 is not likely ... unless its list price is like $200k.

probably miscom or typo somewhere ...

Thanks LIMHH, Blueray for your input....

Current car no issues at all, in fact I enjoyed this E so much to have it for 9 years(record for me). Perfect engine, low RTax, min maintenance.

No problem driving for another 12 months....but you know...the itch of getting another new ride is high..lol

I did seriously consider getting another E....the reason why I mentioned the CLA ...like the lines(looks like a baby S), and the front diamond grilles looks...and of course the price.

Little-prince - let me write the exact wordings from the SE - "Mr Yeo, Current price is at 165,888, we have overtrade and service credit and insurance subsidy."

"Mr. Yeo, your trade in car we will be able to take in at 47,300 if you take our promo stocks colors. After loan amount of 80,000, your down payment will be at 38,588.

At 47,300 overtrade was the highest I got as compared to PI offer to take in at 40,000 only.

kc

the term overtrade means the extra amount assigned to the trade in value of the car given by the AD.

for eg, C&C,

Republic Auto offers you $47,300 for your existing car and Cycle throws in say $10k overtrade (depending on which model you buy), so your used car is now worth $57,300 which can be used as downpayment for the new car.

Do suggest you check around a few ADs on the trade in value of your existing car so you have a better feel of current market.

For 9yo car which is problem free ... I would continue using until I get good trade in / over trade from ADs so as to extract maximum value out of the car.

Alternatively ... can consider renewing COE.

[:)]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

er ... $47k over trade for CLA180 is not likely ... unless its list price is like $200k.

probably miscom or typo somewhere ...

47k is possible if the overtrade refers to his 9year old e class. The PARF of his e class would be able 31k, plus 1 more year depre 12k, all in all 43k. So 47k over trade would mean 4k of net overtrade or additional discount only.

Hi to all,

Need some pro advice ....

Currently driving a E200 Avangarde model(bought new fr C&C)...left exactly one year (6/2017) 10years.

About time to change the ride....recommended by friends Harrier has the best value for the buck.

So, when to a few PI....got confused with so many options/price different PI offer...finally saw the GS version and was the best of the lot in my books...PI offer was 151k. But somehow,....still dont have the MUST grab feeling(as I had owned a Harrier before).

At the price range of 151k....other options come into mind...Mercedes CLA180, Shooting brakes, C200, BMW1....so, off to C&C showroom and PI Vincar.....offers from C&C tempting with high overtrade (CLA180-165,888, overtrade 47,300).

Here is mingle brain(more I see, more I got confused)....CLA180 body shape nice....but back seating for midgets, Shooting Brakes have a better backroom...but the body shape bit funny(maybe thats why dont see many on the roads). 

C class?...new model coming?

My Qs....

1. wait further as my ride have one year more? (don't think the COE will ever drop)

2. Which is the best ride in your opinion?

Many thanks for any input to help my mingle brain....cheers

kc

Go for test drive and see what you like. From E class to Harrier or CLA 180 are very different feel.

With you car left 1 year, CnC will take it as paper value plus their overtrade.

I was considering Harrier few months ago. I like the muscular look and good FC. Due to handling, I still stick back to sedan.

CLA rear seats is really small, if you dun always have many passenger then can consider. The look interior and exterior is very chio. There are some updates on the screen and plus some ambient lighting. CnC is giving good overtrade (about 15K last month info).

There is a new FL for CLA but should only arrive next year onwards.

Go test drive then your mind would be clearer.

ct3833 -That's correct...I did a check at One Motoring my PARF/COE rebate when I DE-registered on May2017 will be 33,230. Not sure if body worth anything ?.

• Praise 1

47k is possible if the overtrade refers to his 9year old e class. The PARF of his e class would be able 31k, plus 1 more year depre 12k, all in all 43k. So 47k over trade would mean 4k of net overtrade or additional discount only.

Yeah actually some of us including myself probably guessed it this way too, that the 47K is actually the trade in value of his used car. 

Usually people label it as trade in value $X + overtrade of $Y.. instead of the whole thing as overtrade. But small matter, no issue.

Go for test drive and see what you like. From E class to Harrier or CLA 180 are very different feel.

With you car left 1 year, CnC will take it as paper value plus their overtrade.

I was considering Harrier few months ago. I like the muscular look and good FC. Due to handling, I still stick back to sedan.

CLA rear seats is really small, if you dun always have many passenger then can consider. The look interior and exterior is very chio. There are some updates on the screen and plus some ambient lighting. CnC is giving good overtrade (about 15K last month info).

There is a new FL for CLA but should only arrive next year onwards.

Go test drive then your mind would be clearer.

Tall driving position, handling of course different. After 1 yr with a SUV, I still think Sedan / Saloon is nicer to drive.. while hatchbacks, sometimes, have the hot hatch boy racer image.

CLA interior nice to look at but not nice to touch. C-class better.. but the base trim has a lot of piano black finish (finger prints galore) and manual lever for front / back adjustment for seats. But the C-class is priced around $15K more than the CLA so buyers gotta look out for that.

• Praise 1

(edited)

harlow, overtrade means $k above paper value or car trade in value hor. if AD makan at $30k with $17k overtrade then it is $47k.

the first question is what is the best value for trade in value?

AD can lowball trade in and give high overtrade for buyer shiokness. but is it the best bargain? [sly]

buyer do their maths and open eyes big big!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

ct3833 -That's correct...I did a check at One Motoring my PARF/COE rebate when I DE-registered on May2017 will be 33,230. Not sure if body worth anything ?.

You should key in IF De-register in May 2016, as in NOW.

This would give u your cars, paper/scrap value. Then u will see how much CNC is giving u as over trade. I suspect is less than the published $15k

• Praise 1

Tall driving position, handling of course different. After 1 yr with a SUV, I still think Sedan / Saloon is nicer to drive.. while hatchbacks, sometimes, have the hot hatch boy racer image.

CLA interior nice to look at but not nice to touch. C-class better.. but the base trim has a lot of piano black finish (finger prints galore) and manual lever for front / back adjustment for seats. But the C-class is priced around $15K more than the CLA so buyers gotta look out for that.

Both CLA and C are different class. CLA 180 is more than $20k cheaper than C180 (higher bhp and torque) with the high over trade.

CLA has fully electric front 2 seats.

• Praise 1

The beautiful Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe makes a landing! Prices are $183,888 for the entry-level C 180, $209,888 for the C 200 and $247,888 for the 241bhp C 300. All prices with COE.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Then your w211 parf is quite similar to mine, on the high side. Mine due end Dec and now still have not decided what to do. Body value of w211 is about 1k based on mcf scrap body thread. Edited by Ct3833

Both CLA and C are different class. CLA 180 is more than $20k cheaper than C180 (higher bhp and torque) with the high over trade.

CLA has fully electric front 2 seats.

Higher over-trade for CLA is to clear the existing stock for the new FL model. 

The C and CLA are very different model ... the most obvious being one is FWD and the other is RWD. Also the 2 cars are build on different platforms. 

If budget allows, I would go for the C Class.

And for the price for the CLA, I would go for the new A4.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

There was long queue of cars going into Alexanda C&C showroom yesterday, was that a E class launch or was there some irresistible offer going on?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2