2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

That is interesting. I recall my SE saying that the new batch comes with both driver and passenger memory seats. Will check.

Always felt it was odd that a luxury car had manually adjusted seats! Not to mention that the A, B and CLA all have memory seats as standard! [:|]

Ok just checked with my SE. Confirmed that both driver and passenger seats have the same electric memory seats. :)
↡ Advertisement

Thanks bro, this is very helpful for us newbies!  Think C&C should show this to all prospective owners to cut down on unhappiness with SE experience! [laugh] 

I recall that was during the private sale to clear their old stock of C180 with no memory seats. When we got there there were only a few cars left and didn't have our colour. Did anyone get the C&C $3k interest rebate offer during that period if you take $80k loan with them?

Actually the handover should be quite comprehensive..

Are you talking about the sale during October or something like that?

A bro got a good deal back then.. just search a few pages back. But hey, if you have signed, chill and don't look back.. just sit back and look forward to the new ride..

Is your car coming from S Africa ?

You mean manual vs electrical seats?

Electrical can come with or without memory function.

Yeah, manual. Sorry referring to the time I was deciding between the C Class and BMW3 11 years ago! Had to adjust the front/back movement manually with a lever for the C180 while the 3 series had memory seats with your personal preference programmed into your key which was cool. Think current C class has fully electrical seats. Anyway, it seems even current Merc memory seats are not programmed into your key fob.    

Actually the handover should be quite comprehensive..

Are you talking about the sale during October or something like that?

A bro got a good deal back then.. just search a few pages back. But hey, if you have signed, chill and don't look back.. just sit back and look forward to the new ride..

Is your car coming from S Africa ?

Yes, thought I read somewhere that a bro bought a B180 AND a GLA and scored a great deal! :a-m1212:  But think C&C tends to offer better deals on the A, B, CLA and GLA. While they have been pretty stingy on discounts for the C Class until recently. Last time I recall maximum overtrade was 5k and a 5-6 month wait!  As you say, this car sells itself...

Yup, South Africa.  Hope better QC than my 3 series that came from there...  

Yes, thought I read somewhere that a bro bought a B180 AND a GLA and scored a great deal! :a-m1212: But think C&C tends to offer better deals on the A, B, CLA and GLA. While they have been pretty stingy on discounts for the C Class until recently. Last time I recall maximum overtrade was 5k and a 5-6 month wait! As you say, this car sells itself...

Yup, South Africa. Hope better QC than my 3 series that came from there...

My over trade was 7k when I bought on 8 oct. But yes, c class sells itself here, so no real incentive for C&C to offer too much goodies.

I did a bit of research on the SA plant previously and it seems to have won many quality awards that puts it on par minimally with the German plants. But my heart somehow still prefers made in Germany. Hahahaha.

• Praise 1

Some negative reviews on the C Class in this video at 21:00

as long as the c180 has less downtime and repairs as compared to my current bmw 3 series, i'd be quite happy LOL

• Praise 1

as long as the c180 has less downtime and repairs as compared to my current bmw 3 series, i'd be quite happy LOL

Totally agree with you on this! Still, good to know what are the potential problem areas.

do any bros know when is the best time to pay back the loan? maybank & dbs loan has no lock in period, but the earlier u pay, the more penalty. mercedes benz financial services has a 6 month lock in.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, hope the bros here give provide some insight and advice. I am looking to get the C300 and i saw from sgcarmart the PI are selling the C300 AMG Line at 220k while the C300 is selling at $250k by AD and that's before the AMG line.

Wanna know if the PI offer is a good offer vs getting from AD?

Can someone pls advise on this? Thanks a lot

• Praise 1

Hi All, hope the bros here give provide some insight and advice. I am looking to get the C300 and i saw from sgcarmart the PI are selling the C300 AMG Line at 220k while the C300 is selling at $250k by AD and that's before the AMG line.

Go & compare option of both AD & PI. Unlikely AD will be more ex on Apple to Apple comparison.

Mind you, in UK, C300 coupe starts from GBP35k.

• Praise 1

If you wanna buy from PI, better get from the reputable big boys. But then again, if case it closes down or warranty workshop is incapable of handling recall/software update issues. You will have lots of problems/issues coming your way. 

Given that you have the ability to consider the C300, i would rather you get from AD for piece of mind. 

I too made the decision to buy from AD. Delivery is fast and as per promised from C&C.

Can share my SE contact if you are keen. 

• Praise 2

Piece of mind from AD comes at a price.

Itz probably about 20k cheaper in the end if you consider all the stuff given by AD such as OT, service credits, nano etc etc.

The price to adopt a problematic merc by C&C if your car ever gets abandoned by a PI or if they cannot solve your problems is exactly 20K. Used to be 5K.......

You can take this savings upfront if you want but dun expect your car to be in front of the queue for ratification works.

If you wanna buy from PI, better get from the reputable big boys. But then again, if case it closes down or warranty workshop is incapable of handling recall/software update issues. You will have lots of problems/issues coming your way. 

Given that you have the ability to consider the C300, i would rather you get from AD for piece of mind. 

I too made the decision to buy from AD. Delivery is fast and as per promised from C&C.

Can share my SE contact if you are keen. 

Totally agreed. Recently i had a broken circuit board that controller the CPA, though it does not affect my daily driving, the error msg causes discomfort.  it took almost a month to indent...wonder if i got it from PI, will their workshop able to fix it.

probably play taichi with you until you vomit blood and gave up ... [laugh]

Totally agreed. Recently i had a broken circuit board that controller the CPA, though it does not affect my daily driving, the error msg causes discomfort.  it took almost a month to indent...wonder if i got it from PI, will their workshop able to fix it.