2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

I encounter this on my Mini too.  After adding factory wiper fluid, no more problem liao.

humm...isn't it all should use their own/factory fluid by default and not 3rd party and MIC???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

humm...isn't it all should use their own/factory fluid by default and not 3rd party and MIC???

Not necessary.  You can always walk into PML parts department and buy Summer Wiper Fluid.

I use BMW summer wiper fluid in my Mini.

Not necessary.  You can always walk into PML parts department and buy Summer Wiper Fluid.

I use BMW summer wiper fluid in my Mini.

is it mainly because BMW is Mini's parent?

can we use BMW fluid in MB?

I am familiar with PML showroom at Kampung Arang and it is near my home.

There is no harm in using MB or BMW wiper fluid as long as you follow the ratio.

Bro

It's just wiper fluid, you can use any brand you like. Whatever works.

Merc, BMW etc sell their own brands. Very effective, and you can decide on what is more convenient, to walk in and ask for it, or you can also go online and buy off amazon.

No one will take you to task for using a non-Merc wiper fluid.

Cheers

Bro

Merc, BMW etc sell their own brands. Very effective, and you can decide on what is more convenient, to walk in and ask for it, or you can also go online and buy off amazon.

Cheers

Excellent bros...thanks.

Supersonic

Bro

Cheers

Maybe scared if use non MB wiper fluid on MB kena void warranty?.....LOL
  • Praise 1

Been using H2O brand wiper fluid straight from the tap for all my cars with no issues.....  :D

I had the same thought for years until i tried adding wiper fluid.  Never look back again.

What I did not experience will not hurt my wallet.

Just like no point for me to go test drive a porky if I am not prepared to have my wallet severely traumatized. :D

I had the same thought for years until i tried adding wiper fluid.  Never look back again.

Supersonic

Previously my wowo wipers really CMI, always judder. Changed original wipers ($150 a pop) no cure. Changed to PIAA. Temp cure. Seems like it was addicted to wiper fluid.

Now I bought my wipers for the GTI via eBay. Cheap cheap $15 for 2 front & 1 rear, including shipping. Wipes are as smooth as baby's bottom. And I use H2O brand of wiper fluid too. LOL

What I did not experience will not hurt my wallet.

Just like no point for me to go test drive a porky if I am not prepared to have my wallet severely traumatized. :D

Boh pian mah. 

Technician of my previous employer told me Company car requires wiper fiuid as the windscreen will be cleaner.

I can't reject it without experimenting it.

Anyway, 1 bottle lasted for 1 year.

If i test drive porky, i will be traumatized for life.

(edited)

video clips of my car issues.

windscreen wiper ok already. this was before sent in to repair together with the rubber lining detachment.

now need to send in to update software for the screen issue

Video_1.MOV

Video.MOV

Edited by bluebeamer
  • Praise 1

Saw in another Singapore Merc forum about the solution to juddering windshield wipers. Apparently some of the bros there applied ArmourAll Tyre Gel to the wipers and the problem was solved. I haven't tried it yet coz I'm still waiting for my car, but will try if I get the same issue when the time comes.

IMO - do not do anything unless it's needed.

A little wiper fluid is useful, but like detergent, more is not always the best.

I use boiled water, to prevent fungus and bacteria buildup in the water tank.

My current and previous car when new also have wiper juddering sounds. They went away on their own after some time.  :XD:

agreed bro...

↡ Advertisement